LCN missing since June freeview reshuffle

ashyt16

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't work out if this is the TV, the reshuffle or both causing the issue.
Since the reshuffle I was getting notifications on some channels to retune. I did and now all channels are in alphabetical order not LCN order with 4 music etc and the 5 channels coming first. Also seem to have multiple versions of the same channel, mostly BBC channels including the radio channels.

The TV is a fairly new Samsung UE49RU7300KXXU. My area is Grange over sands. Other Tv's in the house, namely Older LG Tv's are fine.

I've tried absolutely everything. Retuned a million times using auto and manual, factory reset, tried changing country, (Samsung Tv's only allow to select 'other' for UK Tv's or I can select a European country).
Checked the aerial connection which is fine.

In the Service menu, the region is set to PANEURO and EU.

I'm at a loss as to why the TV is ignoring the LCN?

tried changing country, (Samsung Tv's only allow to select 'other' for UK Tv's or I can select a European country)

Are you sure there isn't a “UK” option?
You've stated you've been in the service menu...have you changed any settings in it?

Definitely no UK option. I have been in the service menu and there is a possibility something has inadvertently changed. However as far as I can see the location settings are the same as the pics I took before changing anything. There is no UK setting

The only other possibility is that there could be a hidden setting in the service menu.
There is something on early models called LOCAL SET which is in a hidden advanced menu and can set a more localised region.

However I have enabled this hidden menu and there is no LOCAL SET option available.
I am now of the opinion Samsung have somehow disabled changing this option.

I did at one point change the original PANEURO EU setting to South Africa. I suspect that this may have set the hidden LOCAL SET option to some other setting that is not UK.

I can't see it being a hardware issue. Trust me I've tried every thing i can think of.
As far as I can remember there was no UK option in the initial setup and had to select other.
The TV knows the freeview region as it states Granada in the settings.

If anyone with a 7 series TV could confirm the country selection in setup I'd be grateful.

I've setup many a TV & I've never known one NOT to have a UK option in the setup menu.

I've setup many a TV & I've never known one NOT to have a UK option in the setup menu.
Fair enough. I may put a shout out to other 7 Series owners to see if anyone else can confirm.
Thanks for the help.

Does it still allow you to create a favourites list? You could use the opportunity to have the channels in the order you like on the TV Guide and get rid of the rubbish.

Does it still allow you to create a favourites list? You could use the opportunity to have the channels in the order you like on the TV Guide and get rid of the rubbish.
I've already sorted the channels into the correct order. I created a channel list with Chansort.
I can load it any time I need to to put the channels on the correct order.

Thanks.

Never knew about ChanSort, I have a 43RU7100, I wonder if it is supported? From a quick glance it seems to support my Hisense TV, must download it and give it a try. Is it Windows only, or can I get a version that works on my Mac?

Your ru7100 should be supported. Basically same TV as mine. Not sure on Mac support, but sure it'll work through a Virtual PC.
There is also an online option that works in pretty much the same way, but Chansort is easier to use and has a few more options.

Incidentally did you get UK as a country option at first time setup?

Yes, when I first turned it on it asked me to select the country, or it detected it from the ethernet connection, and had UK pre-selected.

I've used the online channel sorter, managed to tweak the order to how I like, but any renaming settings I changed were undone as soon as I tuned to the channel as whatever is broadcast as the name overwrites the edits I made. Ah well.

Last edited:
Problem solved, swapped the main board. They're not expensive. Now channels are back to normal.
Incidentally there are 2 boards available with different part numbers, but are in fact exactly the same. Just different manufacturing dates. One made in 2018, one made in 2019.

Either works perfectly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom