Le Mans '66 Review & Comments

Cheers Kumari, I agree, awesome film, was lucky to see it at a recent cineworld secret screening and was very glad when it turned out to be this, will be looking forward to a second watch that’s for sure.

i was gonna give this a miss as im waiting for the Ford V Ferrari movie. When did this get a name change :)

Just watched this film .. what a great movie! Loved it. Everything is portrayed and acted so well you really feel yourself getting behind the characters. Lovely pace to the film, giving time for things to evolve and play out and the driving sequences are spot on.

The question is, do you need to have seen the previous 65 films?

That's the reason I gave in the podcast for the change in title. It's The Madness of King George all over again lol.

I saw it today was brilliant, just as the review said. Really exciting film making, superb film shooting and Matt Damon and Christian Bale 2 great actors. I’d say the filmtography is Oscar nomination material

I might just have to cart myself off to this on Monday.

Also, how fewer dollars in the bank would the Rolling Stones have, if they didn't make Gimme Shelter?

It does look terrific. James Mangold and his unpronounceable cinematographer have made a very pretty film, colour palette can be aggressively warm but lots of nice sunsets give it a kind of orange tone. Racing scenes are also thrillingly captured.

Re the name change Ford v Ferrari doesn't really cut it as the latter barely gets a look in. Unlike the even handed Rush, this is absolutely focused on Miles & Shelby.

Saw this last night and was blown away. One of the best films I have seen this year. I know the story well and I visit Shelby American in Vegas every year when over for CES and have watched many of the documentaries on the subject. But the film adds in the humanity, emotion and motivations missing from these documentaries. I was on the edge of my seat, laughing out loud and even shed a tear, even though I knew how this was all going to end, and that is the sign of a good story that is well told and the acting was superb. Highly Recommended!

The question is, do you need to have seen the previous 65 films?
The actually made film with a number without there being any before Leonard Part 6
I wonder if the will make on called Leonard 86 when he gets out of jail.
I wondered in the clip when he says I've nothing to wear there a woman in the room and says I bet you say that to all the girls :rolleyes::laugh: and at the start of the clip they could add an other America's number 1

The actually made film with a number without there being any before Leonard Part 6
I wonder if the will make on called Leonard 86 when he gets out of jail.
I wondered in the clip when he says I've nothing to wear there a woman in the room and says I bet you say that to all the girls :rolleyes::laugh: and at the start of the clip they could add an other America's number 1

The music at the start of that trailer sounded like something from Ghostbusters?
Elmer Bernstein did love a good theremin.

The music at the start of that trailer sounded like something from Ghostbusters?
Elmer Bernstein did love a good theremin.
I thought you meant this when I read the first line, then I got to what you meant on the second. :rolleyes:

Was fortunate to see an advanced screening last week. Loved it, a fantastic film about a racing event I knew little about, including the ending. Bale was superb as Miles.

A definite purchase next year.

I am not a huge motor sports fan, but still really enjoyed the movie. It did a great job of making you care about the characters and invest in their story. Looking forward for it to arrive on disc for a 2nd viewing.

Fantastic film!
looked utterly gorgeous & sounded amazing in Atmos.
great story, told brilliantly with excellent performances, the driving sequences were outstanding, one of my fave films of the year. Entertaining from the beginning to the end.

Seen it today ,enjoyed but a bit long .Should not have sold Peaky Blinders to USA as Bale and wifes accents annoyed me after 90 mins 7/10

After the dreadful Last Christmas (which i saw before this in a double session), Le Mans 66 was excellent great performances esp Matt Damon, top driving sequences and a cracking Atmos track. See on biggest screen/ best sound as possible (in next few days as Frozen 2 sure to take up all the best screens)

For me, this was one of the most exhilarating commercial cinema experiences ever, having watched it at the new Dolby screen @ Odeon Luxe, Birmingham.
I knew little about the story beforehand so just soaked it all in. Audiovisually stunning... those car engines!!! Wow!!!! Direction and acting were just superb and Bale absolutely steals the show.
This has to be film of the year.

agree with all comments this is a great film - a must see - got home and ordered the 4K disk

Off to see this in the local IMAX before Frozen 2 fills the Cinema up.
Looking forward to it, the name change was a late in the day.
Big motorsport fan and a Ford owner as well

Both the Mrs and myself enjoyed this greatly
The time flew by which is always a good thing
Probably my favourite film this year

Cannot wait for this. Racing V8's in Atmos, oooooooooooooffff!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom