Le Mans '66 (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 23/03/2020

Contrary to supplied artwork, this has no title on front or spine.
LM66.jpg

Attachments

• LM66 (inside).jpg
    LM66 (inside).jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 138
  • LM66 (back).jpg
    LM66 (back).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed this, saw an advance screening a few weeks back and it was one of the best films in ages. Love the front art, backs a bit of a waste but atleast it's not blank lol

Popped in an order at £27, definitely worth it.

If you love true racing films (not fast furious lol) and appreciate the story, you'll like it. Brilliantly told, didn't feel it's length and the chemistry between Damon and Bale was perfect.
If you know the story then the you'll be ready for the ending, i unfortunately did not and was a bit bummed out for a while.

If you love true racing films (not fast furious lol) and appreciate the story, you'll like it. Brilliantly told, didn't feel it's length and the chemistry between Damon and Bale was perfect.
If you know the story then the you'll be ready for the ending, i unfortunately did not and was a bit bummed out for a while.
Yeah I do like a good race story, love Rush and Senna etc... Not a huge fan of the FF films, I gave up watching after the third one haha!!

✅ Nice front artwork
✅ Title on the spine and front
✅ Damon & Bale
✅ Car Race movie

❌ No separate HD release (forcing 4K)...
❌ ...Price

On a sidenote, i hate it when movie titles change depending on the region...
... In this case, i tend to prefer Le Mans 66' instead of the Original title Ford v Ferrari :D

✅ Nice front artwork
✅ Title on the spine and front
✅ Damon & Bale
✅ Car Race movie

❌ No separate HD release (forcing 4K)...
❌ ...Price

On a sidenote, i hate it when movie titles change depending on the region...
... In this case, i tend to prefer Le Mans 66' instead of the Original title Ford v Ferrari :D
Are you joking? Is there seriously not going to be a 1080p blu release? Or do you mean in steelbook form?

Imo £30 for a new 4k steel is standard, the marvel and Disney £33 is the pisstake though. I personally prefer the le mans title as well, "vs" film titles immediately make me think of B Movies. AVP being my one guilty pleasure exception :D

Are you joking? Is there seriously not going to be a 1080p blu release? Or do you mean in steelbook form?

Yes mate, i ment standard HD Steelbook in the UK ;)
Europe has 4K-less steelbook releases (France already listed) even though the price stays high anyway...

Yes mate, i ment standard HD Steelbook in the UK ;)
Europe has 4K-less steelbook releases (France already listed) even though the price stay high anyway...

Ah, makes more sense. When was the last time fox had a new 1080p release steel in the uk? Can't say I'm surprised. Im sure the French 1080p will end up cheaper eventually if you wait it out ;)

Thoroughly enjoyed this, saw an advance screening a few weeks back and it was one of the best films in ages.
Definitely the best film out this week. Saw it at Cineworld Unlimited Secret Screening and so glad I did as the film is fantastic. Bale is excellent - definitely has the best (certainly most amusing) lines!
🤞It has Atmos and Dolby Vision

Definitely the best film out this week. Saw it at Cineworld Unlimited Secret Screening and so glad I did as the film is fantastic. Bale is excellent - definitely has the best (certainly most amusing) lines!
I did too! Would've seen it next week if not, but it was a nice early peak! Those secret screenings can be a bit hit and miss, but they do occasionally surprise me more than usual.

P.s that was actually the first public secret screening, open to non unlimited members ;)

I did too! Would've seen it next week if not, but it was a nice early peak! Those secret screenings can be a bit hit and miss, but they do occasionally surprise me more than usual.

P.s that was actually the first public secret screening, open to non unlimited members ;)

What do you mean by secret screening?
Did you guys need to hide in a corner, behind a curtain or under a seat? :laugh:

Last edited:
Did you guys need to hide in a corner, a curtain or under a seat? :laugh:
LOL no it's a cineworld uk thing, where if you're a "unlimited member" (basically a cinema subscription card) you get to see mystery film screenings weeks before they're out. You just have no clue what the film is until it starts up :rotfl:

They're usually mid budget fox or Lionsgate films, but i was surprised with a screening of Pixar's incredibles 2 near 3 months ahead of uk release a while back.

Strange decision opening these screenings to the ‘rabble’ I prefer sitting with true movie lovers :laugh:

Strange decision opening these screenings to the ‘rabble’ I prefer sitting with true movie lovers :laugh:
Unlimited card members = Cinema Snobs :rotfl:

Did you guys need to hide in a corner, a curtain or under a seat? :laugh:
Yeah that’s right mate - watching film with a restricted view is no good at all! :D

Cineworld show ‘secret’ films where we turn up and have no idea which film we are watching until the title is revealed just before the film starts ... though you probably worked that out already!!:facepalm:

Unlimited card members = Cinema Snobs :rotfl:

I used to be a member and it was great. Works out a good deal if you go once a week, or it did at the time. And when I didn't work so much or have kids, I could spend the time to go and just check out films I'd think twice about "paying for". Simpler times, I miss those days.

Italy shows no title at all... (not even on spine)
Probably shared steelbook in Europe and title will be on J-cards.
France uses a spine j-card from time to time...
UK seems to have a spine title and on the front (Time will tell)

Last edited:
I used to be a member and it was great. Works out a good deal if you go once a week, or it did at the time. And when I didn't work so much or have kids, I could spend the time to go and just check out films I'd think twice about "paying for". Simpler times, I miss those days.
True but even going twice a month saves money as adult ticket is £10.20 and costs £18.40 per month. Also get 25% of all food and drinks. I have been an Unlimited member since 2006 and now take my son to the cinema and he loves it!

Latest news concerning this release (UK/Europe/US)

Europe (UK Included): No title / Zero Finish
Germany (WEA): Title / Debossed / Spot Gloss
US: Different title / Full Gloss

Edit: NL release might be shared with Germany (TBC)

US Release unboxing:

Last edited:
Eugh thats appalling if true. Will be super peeved if the uk steel gets the title removed and such a shoddy finish. Going to cancel my zavvi order and wait for in hands pics.

Preordered the Germany steel now just encase. £40 is excessive, but if its means a better steel for this film I'll just have to deal with it.

Last edited:
Zavvi has shipped mine out this morning. Missed this at the cinema so looking forward to watching this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom