LEEMA ACOUSTICS - Anyone got one?

MJeeves

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm looking at the LEEMA ACOUSTICS "PYXIS" pre-amp and the "ANTILA IIs" CD player?

Has anyone got one of these ?
What are your thoughts and how would you sum up their "sound" ?

It wouldn't be easy to find someone with a £3k CD player;)

It is very respectable player with great reviews. I never heard it though.

I was considering Leema Stream II CD recently but it's nowhere near to Attilla class...

Hi MJeeves, I don't own a Pyxis or Antila IIS however have heard them both plenty of times and both would be a purchase of mine. The Pyxis is open, detailed, musical, and gives a very accurate soundstage, esp when partnered with the Hydra or Altair. The Antila IIS is phenomenal too, exceptionaly musical aswell with plenty of air round all the played instruments. If I were you try and book a dem and get a listen.....pretty much guarantee that you won't be dissapointed with the Welsh electronics.

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

Hi MJeeves, I don't own a Pyxis or Antila IIS however have heard them both plenty of times and both would be a purchase of mine. The Pyxis is open, detailed, musical, and gives a very accurate soundstage, esp when partnered with the Hydra or Altair. The Antila IIS is phenomenal too, exceptionaly musical aswell with plenty of air round all the played instruments. If I were you try and book a dem and get a listen.....pretty much guarantee that you won't be dissapointed with the Welsh electronics.

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

Thanks guys. Thanks Phil.

I am looking for a new CD and pre-amp that has the functionality and reputation of the Leema stuff but I'm worried they may be a bit "cold, harsh or sterile" compared the more "tube" stuff that I currently have and is now sadly going home. Would you say that the Leema stuff (Antila and Pyxis) are "warm" or "neutral" or "cold and analytical" ? Thanks buddy. :smashin:

I would say that any Leema hardware would be more on the warm side than on the cold tbh. It's not valve warm but it's warm,fast and detailed. We find too that those who purchase one bit of Leema, will normally then continue on to buy extra Leema equipment. It's not often that we see that tbh, many people pic 'n' mix amps/cd players.

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

I would say that any Leema hardware would be more on the warm side than on the cold tbh. It's not valve warm but it's warm,fast and detailed. We find too that those who purchase one bit of Leema, will normally then continue on to buy extra Leema equipment. It's not often that we see that tbh, many people pic 'n' mix amps/cd players.

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

Thanks Phil.

The other option I'm looking at is the MUSICAL FIDELITY M6 PRE and the MUSICAL FIDELITY M6 CD.

Do you think they would be "warmer" and "easier to listen to" than the LEEMA's ? :confused:

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

If it was any other amp/cd combo you asked about I still would have said Leema, unfortunately all I can now suggest is go and listen to them both and see what you think. The M6 series is amazing and along with the M3 series some of the best stuff Anthony Michaelson has made since the X Series back in the day!

However saying that....for the warmth factor i'd still say the Leema combo just edges it.

Sorry to not be more help.

Regards

Phil @ Custom Cable

I am still buy saving for the LEEMA CD player, but now understand that they have "upgraded" the Antila II to an Antila IIs Eco.

Anyone heard one of these babies.? :confused:

Cheers! :smashin:

Hi, yes, I've got TWO! I've got / had the original Antila, Antila II and currently Antila IIS Eco which is for sale. It's only 18 months old with 3 and a half years warranty left on it - barely used. The IIS Eco is much much much better than the earlier models: light and day difference. The biggest jump in quality is between the Antila II and IIS Eco. I'm selling due to moving over to streaming devices and more audio visual gear. If I retained a stand alone CDP though it would be the IIS Eco. I've heard it against several other makers equipment at £3500 mark and it still gets my vote!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom