LEEMA ACOUSTICS - PYXIS or TUCANA

MJeeves

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a LEEMA ANTILA II ECO cd player that I am over the moon with and was wondering about what to partner it with. I currently have an aging Audio Research SP9 pre and some Michelle Electo monoblock power amps (that I am still very happy with). The SP9 is now showing it's age but has been repaired.

I am so impressed with the LEEMA ANTILA I was considering keeping to LEEMA. Are there any thoughts on the PYXIS pre-amp and the TUCANA integrated?

I like a full, warm-ish (non-clinical) sound that is "nice" to listen to for extended periods of time. I hate anything harsh or cold or glassy sounding. Many thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

Cheers, M.J. :smashin:

With experience we have quite a few customers who purchase Tucana's and then within a few months purchase a Pyxis and Hydra II or 2 x Hyrda II's. If you already have a Power Amp then I would strongly suggest venturing to the Pyxis, maybe get a home demonstration first and then you have the ability if you wish to upgrade later to Hydra II's only if the Electro's are needing replacing however.

This would be the direction I would go down. The Leema synergy with all their equipment is seconds to non!

Regards

With experience we have quite a few customers who purchase Tucana's and then within a few months purchase a Pyxis and Hydra II or 2 x Hyrda II's. If you already have a Power Amp then I would strongly suggest venturing to the Pyxis, maybe get a home demonstration first and then you have the ability if you wish to upgrade later to Hydra II's only if the Electro's are needing replacing however.

This would be the direction I would go down. The Leema synergy with all their equipment is seconds to non!

Regards

Many thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

I went from a Leema Tucana 2 to a Leema Pyxis Reference Pre with two Hydra 2's in bridged mono.

Very happy indeed with Leema kit, I have a Leema Antila 2S cd player.

My suggestion would be to buy the Pyxis now and buy one then another Hydra 2 power amp when you can or want to.

540w into 8 ohms in bridged mono gives you a lot of poise & grip.

Hope this helps ;)

Apparently you can run the CD Straight into the Hydra and use the remote control for volume control, thats the way i am headed at the moment until i can afford a pyxis.

Apparently you can run the CD Straight into the Hydra and use the remote control for volume control, thats the way i am headed at the moment until i can afford a pyxis.

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. :smashin:
I think I need a pre as I have other sources.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom