Quantcast

For Sale Lenovo Yoga 2 11"

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Nottingham
A super-handy little notebook/convertible (Yoga being the 360°hinge and touchscreen for the uninitiated). I used this as my lightweight work machine for a while (at a time when I had a “desktop replacement” that was entirely inappropriate for air travel), and was subsequently deployed as homework duty for my daughter, but these days gets very little use. Has a rubberised edge, fanless and no moving parts so pretty ideal for kids. Still enough power for browsing and light tasks, though probably wouldn’t want to be running Photoshop on it.

This is a much higher spec than the ones I've spied on auction sites (which mainly seem to have lower power CPUs and HDDs):
Core i3-4012Y
4GB RAM
120GB SSD
11.6” 1366x768 10 Point multi-touch screen
Windows 10 Pro
US Keyboard Layout
Lenovo Original Charger (UK plug)

Battery life is still serviceable, but you won't get a whole day out of it.

A couple of small scratches and one small crack on the edge of the keyboard, but generally good condition. Screen is excellent, no marks that I can see.

Price and currency
£110
Delivery cost included
Delivery Is Included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Bank Transfer, PayPal Gift
Last edited:

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
Tough to say... it will do a few hours away from the socket just fine, plenty left after an hour on Skype, or an hour of homework.

When I had it new it was capable of a full 8+ hour day, and it wouldn't manage that now, but it hasn't left the house in years. It's not one of those laptops that's totally spent and cuts out 30 secs after being unplugged either, though.

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
I'll have a look. I've done a factory reset so I'm way back at the pre-config stage of windows, so will have to step back through that to get to it.

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
Design Capacity 32700 mWh
Full charge Capacity 30200 mWh

Battery Life Estimate
At Full Charge: 11:43:10
At Design Capacity: 12:42:23

Maybe I've overestimated the battery ageing in that case! I've not had any issues with capacity, but it's not been away from a socket for more than a few hours at a time and just assumed it wouldn't last much longer.

I'm not sure I believe nearly 12 hours though. The battery is currently at 0% so will let it sit for a while and charge and run netflix or something like that to see what the drain is like.

Last edited:

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
Bit of an update here.

Battery life is still pretty good turns out - 1h40m of YouTube HD full screen playback took it from 99% to 72%.

It seems to lose charge at a rate of ~2-3% per day left shut down, I suspect it's powering an always-on USB port or some such.

I let it get to dead-0% and it did take a bit of time for the battery "wake up" and start charging again. The laptop was fine to use plugged in, but it was a couple of hours sitting before the battery started to charge. No such issues when charging from anything more than 0%.

Seems to be fine, but will drop the price to £110 as that splits the difference of a new battery if deemed necessary.

Chohan

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Would you say you are able to get between 4+ hours battery life from one full charge unplugged?

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
The YouTube test I did would suggest around 6 hours streaming full screen video, probably longer just browsing, reading or doing office things.

lmaolmao

Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Reaction score
Hi, I know you don't have one, but does this support the use of a pen/stylus?

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
Hi, I know you don't have one, but does this support the use of a pen/stylus?
You can use a capacitive stylus no problem, but it doesn’t support a true pen with tilt/pressure.

Mister_Tad

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Nottingham
Sure, why not.

Deets en route via PM.