LG 43UM7500PLA - INDEPENDENT VOLUME CONTROL FOR WIRELESS H/P's

makaza

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace an ageing Panasonic TX32LZD81 with the LG 43UM7500PLA. Because of hearing problems I listen to the current TV via wireless Senheiser RS180 headphones . The H/P transmitter is connected via a phono cable to the headphone socket on the TV. Using the Humax (PVR 9200T) controller I can separately control the volume to both the TV and the headphones. The LG TV does not of course have a H/P socket so I need to find a different way to replicate the current setup. I currently also have a Samsung Blu Ray (BD-H6500) connected.

Specifically,

1. The use of the headphones must not mute the TV speaker.
2. The volume of the headphones and the TV speaker must be capable of being set independently of each other (preferably using a single remote).
3. I don't wish to replace the the Senheiser H/P's (which are excellent)
4. I would consider replacing the Humax if this was only way to solve problem - but would prefer not to.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can achieve the above I would appreciate it.

The only brands of TV's I've come across that don't mute the internal speaker when headphones are plugged in are Panasonic and Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom