LG 55B9 or Panasonic TX-55FZ802

Maxx77

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Almost the same price.
The FZ is from 2018 and the B9 from 2019/2020.
Which one should i get?
I know panasonic in general have better image quality, but, how much better?

Thanks

The Panasonic will use the exact same panel produced by LG, so any difference, good or bad, will be down to software and so probably minimal. Personally I love LG and own the C9 OLED so can’t comment impartially on image quality as I haven’t seen the Panasonic. However I think just on the info you mentioned I would go for the B9 as it is the newer model and likely to be supported longer than the Panasonic. Either way enjoy your new TV!

For picture processing, it's Pana without a second thought.

It's the extras that might sway it i.e. the OS - Pana is stable but boring and not too many apps. LG's is pretty much regarded as best on the market. If using additional devices this is probably not important.
Is the B9 HDMI 2.1? I'm rusty when it comes to all these models. Do they both have eARC? That can be quite important at this stage.

The Panasonic 55Gz950 is simular price to the B9..

For picture processing, it's Pana without a second thought.

It's the extras that might sway it i.e. the OS - Pana is stable but boring and not too many apps. LG's is pretty much regarded as best on the market. If using additional devices this is probably not important.
Is the B9 HDMI 2.1? I'm rusty when it comes to all these models. Do they both have eARC? That can be quite important at this stage.
I don’t THINK the B9 has HDMI 2.1, I think that’s the C9 and above.

Thanks guys.
The B9 has HDMI 2.1 and eARC.
The 950, in Portugal is 500€ more (350-400£). Same with Sony AG8.
The downside on the B9 is that it doesn't use the new processor as C9 or upper range.
It will be a good choice for the next 7-8 years?

Thanks guys.
The B9 has HDMI 2.1 and eARC.
The 950, in Portugal is 500€ more (350-400£). Same with Sony AG8.
The downside on the B9 is that it doesn't use the new processor as C9 or upper range.
It will be a good choice for the next 7-8 years?
Sounds like quite a price between the two. If that is a factor I honestly think you will be happy with the B9. It’s supposed to be an amazing machine but might need some more tweaking the get the picture to a high standard compared to the C9, which has a better picture out of the box. I honestly considered getting that and I looked at them in the store and it’s a fantastic machine. I think either will be a good investment and future proof yourself quite well.

Guess what, i went for the C9.
They made a great discount so i had no choice.

Thanks you guys for all the help.
Next stop..calibration

Thx.
Now, should i go to the LG Forum, or is there any good website to look for tips?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom