Question LG 55SJ8500 Real Cinema question

Jaymo1978

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey folks! So, I have a question that definitely hasn't been answered elsewhere, so I'm hoping someone just knows offhand. I understand how Real Cinema mode operates - it processes every frame twice per 1/24 second (without trumotion enabled) or 5 times per 1/24 second (with trumotion) to produce a simulated 48p or 120p respectively.

From all I've read, I want to keep both options disabled for gaming, because the system outputs up to 60 fps. My question is, what happens if Real Cinema is ON with something other than 24p input? I ask because of an odd phenomenon:

When I got my TV last weekend and hooked up my Xbox One S, then started an HDR game (Mass Effect Andromeda) I saw the HDR icon in the top right of the screen, indicating that HDR was on. I went to my picture settings to calibrate, but oddly, Real Cinema is ON and greyed out (so it can't be turned off.) Trumotion is disabled at this point, so that's not the issue (because I know when you enable Trumotion, it turns On and locks Real Cinema mode.)

This can't be related to the signal the Xbox is sending, because on Standard Picture settings (without HDR) it allows me to turn off Real Cinema as long as Trumotion is disabled.

Now, if Real Cinema just doesn't do ANYTHING with a 60p signal, then I don't mind leaving it on. I'm just worried it's doing some sort of interpolation in the background and having the opposite effect, degrading my FPS rate.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom