LG 65UN85006LA

OK, I pulled the trigger for the 75SM9000PLA (posted my reasons on the last post, which is now on the previous page) for £799.99, £40 less then the other one, I couldn't wait, too excited lol, comes on the 5th march 2021, so ill post here what I think of it, and pics of it etc, cheers

Last edited:
ok i was watching this review for the LG TV I bought(not been delivered yet)

--- 75SM9000PLA Review ---

and I saw this problem with the corners, does this happen with the model yous have? I can still cancel and take the 8500 series instead of the 9000 if it doesn't, the thing with the corners being darker in a mostly light scene ie snow? this looks like it could be really annoying, and would defo change my mind, thanks, i feel so turned off with this TV now :(

@Sonnettie

Out of interest... Why are you posting about the LG 75SM9000 (2019 model) within the LG 65UN8500(2020 model) topic?

@Sonnettie

Out of interest... Why are you posting about the LG 75SM9000 (2019 model) within the LG 65UN8500(2020 model) topic?
as I wasn't sure what one to get and when searching for reviews on them, which all seem to contradict each other (as if a certain company was swaying them to point you towards certain brands?) I saw this post from 'actual consumers that bought one' and as I seen them both at the same price (around £800 for the 75inch) and both have good and bad points, at first I was nearly 100% on the 8500 series, then I kinda swayed and bought the 9000, but now I'm doubting myself and wish I maybe took more time? and actually there both 2019 models, I just found this out myself, see my previous post on LG model numbers.

I saw this, but tbh, i cant see much of a difference?

SM8000 series vs 9000 series side by side

i know this is a 8100 not 8500 but apparently the second number is just added features, they both have the same panel etc?

Last edited:
Here are some links to various SM90xx forum topics: -

Here are some links to various SM90xx forum topics: -

yeah what I really wanted was a view on what was better, posting there would still be the same as posting here, they would have a strong opinion on the 9000 over the 8500 and probably say if you like the 8500 go post on that forum? cant win I guess 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: thanks for the link on the post on 9000 series light bleed, but I already know it happens, what I was asking does it happen on the 8500, as this would heavily sway me towards that model if its handled better in those panels?, thanks

also I think what I was talking about called vignetting, the corners being darker, sorry I just found out that's what its called

Last edited:
i really dont think LG are going to allow VRR on this model,
we were able to press green button 5 times and the vrr freesync would be displayed , you couldn't use it though.
My tv has updated overnight to firmware 03.21.75, now i cannot access the vrr info with the green button.
If this is the case and LG are not allowing vrr due to the price of this tv, even though its hdmi 2.1 ports are capable, leaves a bad taste, and as the last 3 tv,s i have purchased have been LG, im of the mind to stop being so loyal, yep i'm bitterly disappointed with how LG have handled this.

Hi
Can anyone tell me if the feet on this tv (65UN85006LA) are adjustable? i.e you can put them more in the centre of the tv? Also what is the HDR/Dolby Vision like (picture wise)? any one know what the nits are on this tv?

Hi
Can anyone tell me if the feet on this tv (65UN85006LA) are adjustable? i.e you can put them more in the centre of the tv? Also what is the HDR/Dolby Vision like (picture wise)? any one know what the nits are on this tv?
feet cannot be moved.....i personally think the dolby vision is good, not as over bright and dazzling as a samsung, that's my opinion, the nits are not high for this tv as its not a samsung! reports say about 450????

Hi peeps I know I'm late to the party on this TV!, But I've just bought it for my ps5 brilliant TV can't fault it really can't atm. But the only thing that is annoying me is while playing watch dogs legion the screen brightness would dim up and down while driving/walking around for some reason. Every other game is perfectly fine so might be just watch dog I'm guessing, anyone else had this sort of issue before?.

Hi peeps I know I'm late to the party on this TV!, But I've just bought it for my ps5 brilliant TV can't fault it really can't atm. But the only thing that is annoying me is while playing watch dogs legion the screen brightness would dim up and down while driving/walking around for some reason. Every other game is perfectly fine so might be just watch dog I'm guessing, anyone else had this sort of issue before?.
Gave you turned off power saving mode?

So here are my new settings:

Picture mode: Expert (dark room)
Backlight: 22
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 60
Sharpness: 25
Colour: 72
Tint: R5

Under advanced controls, then under “White balance” (beneath “Gamma”): Colour Temperature: Warm

as we all know this 86" tv has an ips screen, not as good as the 82" for showing black levels....but these settings really did help with darker movies from my "PC", please remember "not " to allow for all inputs when setting up, just tried it with the Gravity movie, and my Aliens 4k conversion mkv and its a big improvement.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom