LG B7 OLED TV - Owners and Discussion Thread

The Limey

Reaction score
AJCJfq.jpg

With the B7 now available from retailers such as John Lewis and ao.com, it is time to supply a thread for upcoming owners. Who will be first?

Well I am torn between this and the C7 I would rather have the C7 but I am not keen on buying from Currys. So I might go for this from JL

Seems pretty unreal that the B6 is nearly half the price of the B7 on John Lewis. I'll definitely be waiting for price cuts and reviews of all the major players this time round, I think.

First owner should start with checking the SoC in the service menu, if it's M16P chip then everyone can relax :)

Lg uses the same on all 17s yes.

I am trying to decide whether to buy this TV or try and get an old E6?

I don't do much 3 D but it is nice to have a choice, or will the picture quality and speed/usability of the B7 make it a better buy. It is £800 more at the moment though!

Funny to call it 'an old E6' when it's barely a year old. Hate to think what you'd call me! :(:laugh:

I am trying to decide whether to buy this TV or try and get an old E6?

I don't do much 3 D but it is nice to have a choice, or will the picture quality and speed/usability of the B7 make it a better buy. It is £800 more at the moment though!
If you 'need' a tv right now save £800 and go for the E6. If not, wait for the inevitably huge price drops on the B7.

If you 'need' a tv right now save £800 and go for the E6. If not, wait for the inevitably huge price drops on the B7.

E6 was released in early 2016 for around £3000? And after a year, it's now £2000.
So I'm guessing E7 now released early 2017 at £3000, will be £2000 this time next year.

Then the new ones are out n the loop continues :cool:

E6 was released in early 2016 for around £3000? And after a year, it's now £2000.
So I'm guessing E7 now released early 2017 at £3000, will be £2000 this time next year.
Seems a reasonable assumption.

However, 2017 is supposed to be when the new factory and printing with ink jets comes fully on line so if that leads to a significant increase in production volumes we may see more significant price reductions this year. (Or significantly cheaper 2018 models.)

Seems a reasonable assumption.

However, 2017 is supposed to be when the new factory and printing with ink jets comes fully on line so if that leads to a significant increase in production volumes we may see more significant price reductions this year. (Or significantly cheaper 2018 models.)

Sounds cool, where do you get the inside info from of when they're going to start this type of production?

I don't know, but inkjet is presumably a new process, I doubt they have the same TVs made by 2 completely different process and called the same thing. So perhaps that's for next years new designed model

It says that it may take 1 to 2 years to reach mass production from pilot line. I read that as effectively this year they are doing R&D on a pilot line to set up a line whose output will be sold to the public in 1 to 2 years time

Funny to call it 'an old E6' when it's barely a year old. Hate to think what you'd call me! :(:laugh:

It's ok I am old too!

In tech time one year is like 7 years in normal time a bit like dogs:)

Well I supposed to get my B7 today from John Lewis (after ordering it on the 5th, so thats already a 6 day wait) between 2pm and 9pm, was told at 8.30pm it wouldn't be delivered. I called customer services to complain and assume I could get it back out for delivery in the morning - nope...20th April is the soonest they can re-deliver now. Woeful service, never ordered from John Lewis in the past and never will again.

Well I supposed to get my B7 today from John Lewis (after ordering it on the 5th, so thats already a 6 day wait) between 2pm and 9pm, was told at 8.30pm it wouldn't be delivered. I called customer services to complain and assume I could get it back out for delivery in the morning - nope...20th April is the soonest they can re-deliver now. Woeful service, never ordered from John Lewis in the past and never will again.
I would ring back first thing and ask to speak to a manager in customer services.
Don't give up. Tell them how disappointed you are that your tv was not delivered after you waited in all day and how surprised you are that through no fault of your own, you have to wait until the 20th.
Mention about not being told until 8.30 that your delivery was cancelled and that this is an item that costs a lot of money.
Lay it in on calmly that you bought from them because of their reputation for customer service.
To make things more ridiculous, if you buy one now, you will get it next day if you pay the £19.95 next day delivery charge.
I'd ask them how the can they deliver next day for a fee but you've got to wait so long. I would ask them to pay the next day delivery charge to compensate for their cock up.

Last edited:
Is the B7 the same as the C7 specs wise?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom