LG B9 vertical lines then shuts down

qiqo

Novice Member
Reaction score
a day after the return period has expired my LG B9 OLED TV has started to have problem. It can only power on (using remote or the built in power button) for a second or 2 but shows vertical lines before it turns itself off. Has anyone had this problem? LG technician is coming to replace the panel (after 1 week of waiting for the part), but I'm not sure if it's the panel or the board/power supply. I cant believe this high-priced TV can go bad after slight use :(

I recently went through a silly long situation like this. If it's shutting itself down it sounds like a power board issue to me but i'm no expert I had an issue where tv was turning on and off. Like you I had a panel replaced which did nothing. But there are many reasons why this could happen so hopefully the replacement panel will do the job.

From personal experience when they remove the rear cover get the engineer to check all over both the power board and mother board for blown or burnt components.

a day after the return period has expired my LG B9 OLED TV has started to have problem. It can only power on (using remote or the built in power button) for a second or 2 but shows vertical lines before it turns itself off. Has anyone had this problem? LG technician is coming to replace the panel (after 1 week of waiting for the part), but I'm not sure if it's the panel or the board/power supply. I cant believe this high-priced TV can go bad after slight use :(

Bought my B9 a month ago and Im having the exact same issue, did the technician say what it was and did you just use the warranty?

Bought my B9 a month ago and Im having the exact same issue, did the technician say what it was and did you just use the warranty?

Report it to the retailer you bought it from.
They will either arrange a repair or may ask you to contact LG.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom