Lg bx oled

leedebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen this LG OLED55BX6LB
What is the difference between this and the cx (apart from the model number šŸ˜šŸ™„)

The comparison utility on LG's site is actually pretty useful and gives a decent table - see here for the differences.

The headlines are that the CX has a more powerful processor, improved dynamic tone mapping and better 'Deep Learning AI Picture' processing, plus it has better in-built sound (front-firing speakers and AI Sound Pro). It also looks like it's got a different configuration for it's HDMI ports and all 4 of them appear to be HDMI 2.1, whereas only 2 on the BX are HDMI 2.1 according to the table.

I am thinking to go for the BX, have no release date for Ireland yet

Using rtings compare tool:

The BX has worse brightness compared to the CX. Actually not much better brightness than my B6. So Iā€™d go CX or C9 if can find one.

I've got the LG BX 55, and I was expecting pretty mediocre brightness, but I got it brand new for 980 so thought I'd take a gamble. The thing can get really bright I can't see brightness as an issue.

I've followed Darko on YouTube to get the right calibration on SD, I don't know if I need to manually set the same calibration settings for HDR and Dolby Vision, what is Dolby Vision is it another form of HDR?

Nevertheless it looks very good the HDR seems good so far.

I've got the LG BX 55, and I was expecting pretty mediocre brightness, but I got it brand new for 980 so thought I'd take a gamble. The thing can get really bright I can't see brightness as an issue.

I've followed Darko on YouTube to get the right calibration on SD, I don't know if I need to manually set the same calibration settings for HDR and Dolby Vision, what is Dolby Vision is it another form of HDR?

Nevertheless it looks very good the HDR seems good so far.

Morning Willz, could you share a link to this video? A friend ask me for the recommended calibration settings, but I couldn't find them on here... Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom