LG C6 TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 3

I need to spend money sorting out an AVR, or some kind of atmos speaker setup first. That's next on my list before upgrading my player :)
At least you are future-proofing by getting those titles now. You can watch them in HDR10 and once you upgrade your player yo ucan go back and re-watch in Dolby Vision. For those who pay attention to details, like you and me, Dolby Vision those provide extra benefits compared to HDR10

Does anyone know if dynamic contrast adds to input lag in HDR game Mode?

My issue with DV UHD is I can't get a bloody player that supports it right now, it's why I haven't bought one despite owning a few UHDs. I can't justify the Oppo and (save for a few lucky UP970 owners) there's no other option right now.

Roll on 2018 and the next round of hardware.

Does anyone know if dynamic contrast adds to input lag in HDR game Mode?
Of course it will, any extra processing will result in increased lag.
This is exactly why LG have not enabled the Dynamic Contrast (Active HDR feature) in 2017 sets for game mode.
So keep all processing off.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The UP970 is easy enough to buy, but save for a few lucky people it doesn't currently play Dolby Vision discs.

The update was rolled out and then recalled within a few days, there has been no replacement firmware in months. It's likely still coming but buying one of these players is an utter lottery, I had one and the noise from it was horrendous.

There are people (like Roku on here) that got lucky with both a silent model and got the update in time, but for the majority the build quality is awful and Dolby Vision is an advertised feature which has yet (again, for the majority) to appear.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Ah I see. Didn't realise that. I'm pretty happy with my ub700 for now. Most silent player I've ever owned.

Anyone pickup a Xbox 1 X , if so how are you finding HDR game mode? I can't quite get it looking right, may need to try a firmware downgrade

The UP970 is easy enough to buy, but save for a few lucky people it doesn't currently play Dolby Vision discs.

The update was rolled out and then recalled within a few days, there has been no replacement firmware in months. It's likely still coming but buying one of these players is an utter lottery, I had one and the noise from it was horrendous.

There are people (like Roku on here) that got lucky with both a silent model and got the update in time, but for the majority the build quality is awful and Dolby Vision is an advertised feature which has yet (again, for the majority) to appear.

Buy the LG player and get it modded, not that difficult

Anyone pickup a Xbox 1 X , if so how are you finding HDR game mode? I can't quite get it looking right, may need to try a firmware downgrade
I downgraded because it was to dim and now it's pure eye candy.

Buy the LG player and get it modded, not that difficult

Strongly debated it, and if the build quality was better I would, but I'd rather now just wait till next year and pick up a different player after all the issues. Not to say I'm not jealous in the interim of your player ;)

I downgraded because it was to dim and now it's pure eye candy.
downgraded last night too - much better now.

Is there a way to stop the TV telling me to upgrade to the latest firmware every time is starts up?

Hello guys. I have a problem. Some time ago i was using xbox one s and recently i switched to xbox one x. I noticed that when watching uhd blu rays (Van Helsing and Expendables) my picture is way brighter and actually got grey bars on my C6 Oled. Even when watching movies like Mad Max which looked stunning before. I am running my xbox through Denon X1300W which worked ok for 2 months with no issues. I even tried to plug my older One S to the TV directly and still got grey bars. After disabling Ultra HDMI Deep Color i got black bars again but it was outside HDR modes. After tuning down brightness levels from default 50 (which worked great before for me) to 45-46 the screen started to looking good again with black bars. So my question is did you noticed something like that with your TVs? Or did you have some problems with your xbox after last firmware update. My TV got that update to get darker image in HDR Game mode but it was some time ago.

I don't use an Xbox, but I do have to turn my brightness to around 46-47 to get black bars,its only started doing that in the last few weeks

Is there a way to stop the TV telling me to upgrade to the latest firmware every time is starts up?

I'm thinking about buying an XB1X soon but am also concerned about the horrendously dim HDR game mode since the last firmware update.

Apologies, I'm sure it has been posted before, but is there a simple step by step guide on how to downgrade to the previous UK C6 firmware? Not sure how difficult it is?

I also noticed someone posted previously that there is a new C6 firmware update out in Korea? Does this fix the game mode and is there a plan for it to release in the UK? If so, I might be best to just wait...?

I'll be honest, I messed around with the different firmwares and eventually settled on the newest with Dynamic Contrast on High. For what it's worth I can't tell the difference between that and the older firmware. I certainly wouldn't let it put you off picking up the XBox One X, or gaming in HDR.

The downgrade is pretty easy if you choose to do it though, someone posted the link a couple of pages back.

Anyway to cast/mirror my android phone on this set please without using Chromecast etc
Thnx

Hi any one confirm what the latest firmware is for the C6, my tv is on 05.30.10.
Is there a newer version I can get? Thanks

What firmware did you downgrade from and to, how can I do this? Many thanks

I'm getting the Xbox One X and wonder if there are any manual tweaks and settings I need to do on the console or the LG (except from deep color to the assigned HDMI port) to get the full 4K HDR 60hz experience from the games that offer that, or is everything just plug and play?

I remember when I got the UB900 and it wasn't quite plug and play, and it took about a year before getting a 10bit output, that's why I'm curious :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom