LG C8 Lip Sync Issues

LG C8 paired with SONY 1000XM3 Wireless Headphones via Bluetooth --> Noticed lip-sync for just 3-4 seconds in about 30 minutes of listening.

Jurassic Park remains the only 4K UHD disc where I noticed quite horrible lip sync.

Visited a friend who has a LG LED TV and there was noticeable echo when outputting sound through internal speakers and AV receiver through ARC at the same time. The ARC sound is delayed compared to the internal speakers and hence cannot be fixed with by menu settings

Visited a friend who has a LG LED TV and there was noticeable echo when outputting sound through internal speakers and AV receiver through ARC at the same time. The ARC sound is delayed compared to the internal speakers and hence cannot be fixed with by menu settings

Having the same issues with the LG C8, mine is paired with a Sonos System, sound bar, Optical cable to this, massive synch issues, Richer Sounds have been in contact with LG technical department, LG have admitted the problem seems to be when linked to a sound bar, in my case the Sonos system, LG at the moment in Korea, are doing intensive tests with the LG through Sonos, Richer Sounds are keeping me up to date with progress, hopefully they can find a solution ASAP

There is one solution - they put the option for negative delay adjustment back (per input) which older models have.

In the meantime optical does seem to exhibit the issue less than Arc, as there seems to be less of a processing delay.

I have this issue with a LG B8 and sky HD box, Sonos sound bar connected through ARC. I also had it on an LG SK8500 with the same setup.

I read on another thread somewhere that it appears to resolve itself if you go into the sky box sound settings and change the audio delay from 0 to max (200ms), and then back to 0 again immediately, then save settings. Bizarrely, this does appear to sort of work for me, and then over time (24 hours?) it will drift out again. I appreciate it makes no sense that that would be a solution, but I recommend trying it at least...

Having the same issues with the LG C8, mine is paired with a Sonos System, sound bar, Optical cable to this, massive synch issues, Richer Sounds have been in contact with LG technical department, LG have admitted the problem seems to be when linked to a sound bar, in my case the Sonos system, LG at the moment in Korea, are doing intensive tests with the LG through Sonos, Richer Sounds are keeping me up to date with progress, hopefully they can find a solution ASAP

Would be brilliant if this is resolved through firmware but when it's clearly been an issue for a number of years and across a number of manufacturers, you begin to lose faith...

As soon as I get some info back from the trials and tests they are performing I will put it out here, evidently LG are doing full on tests across the board, definitely an issue with external sound equipment linked to the TV

I do think that Sonos has a particular issue with not processing the audio fast enough to, but they won’t admit it.

Another LG OLED65B8 user here that is seeing video before audio issues with external devices (a Humax Freesat box and a PC) connected to the TVs HDMI ports and a Yamaha RX477 amp connected via HDMI ARC. Only with Dolby Digital material, if I turn off DD then the problem goes away.

TV apps and tuner all work fine going DD via HDMI ARC. AV SYNC and Bypass On, which improved things, but still annoyingly noticeable to me!

Didn't use ARC before as everything switched through the Yamaha, but will probably go back to that again if LG don't fix this with a firmware update. I can't believe that I read on here that they removed the option to delay video (or whatever the term is called!).

Another LG OLED65B8 user here that is seeing video before audio issues with external devices (a Humax Freesat box and a PC) connected to the TVs HDMI ports and a Yamaha RX477 amp connected via HDMI ARC. Only with Dolby Digital material, if I turn off DD then the problem goes away.

TV apps and tuner all work fine going DD via HDMI ARC. AV SYNC and Bypass On, which improved things, but still annoyingly noticeable to me!

Didn't use ARC before as everything switched through the Yamaha, but will probably go back to that again if LG don't fix this with a firmware update. I can't believe that I read on here that they removed the option to delay video (or whatever the term is called!).

Only fix is to use the optical out instead. But doesn’t entirely get rid of it.

To conclude:
Everything other than stereo is delayed from the TV, both ARC HDMI and optical. The onlly way to solve it before it”s fixed is to turn multi channel audio off.

Turning off multi channel audio isn't really a fix though is it. If you've forked out a lot of money for a surround sound system then you'll want that to work.

Best workaround is to send audio direct to your sound system instead of passing audio through the TV.

Also seeing this with an Xbox one x outputting Atmos if Xbox connected to E8 and sound is via SK10Y via ARC

It's disgusting that this hasn't been fixed.
Luckily I have a Sony UXB player with a seperate hdmi for legacy and I now watch my films that way. I'm not too fussed about my videogames.

Also experiencing audio delay with broadcast cable (Mediacom) through a Tivo box sending DD using ARC from LG C8 to soundbar.

I'm using ARC from my LG oled 65 C8 to my Denon x3500h AVR (using HDMI-CEC enabled).
I do see lip sync issues for normal broadcast TV i.e. on free-view only, but that doesn't bother me because I don't really use my sound system to watch free-view TV.

But other than that, everything else for me is pretty much perfect, i.e. the internal apps Netflix, Amazon, my Media players Zidoo X9S, Zidoo Z10, and my Apple TV 4K are all good :)

Thinking about replacing my Denon 2400 system with a simpler Sonos Playbar that is simply hooked up via Optical Out at the C8...do I understand that this will bring up the lipsync issue as mentioned above? That would really be a pain to be honest!

I'm thinking mine seems fixed (sky HD and now sky Q). If not perfect then certainly massively improved - assume maybe there has been a firmware?

Hi All
Just to update on on this issue, LG and SONOS have admitted there is an issue with lip sync, both have been doing testing, and have have stated that at the present time there is no fix, and they are working on it but could not give me an answer when the fix or firm wear will be available, if at all, I have emails from SONOS regarding this, not happy.

Hi All
Just to update on on this issue, LG and SONOS have admitted there is an issue with lip sync, both have been doing testing, and have have stated that at the present time there is no fix, and they are working on it but could not give me an answer when the fix or firm wear will be available, if at all, I have emails from SONOS regarding this, not happy.

Funnily enough, I posted about this yesterday. I have actually noticed marked improvement with the latest Sonos firmware and latest LG Beta firmware. The could be wrong, but I’m sure the lip sync is much better when using Sky Q.

Latest C8 beta firmware plus YAS 107 - lip synch perfect on sky Q via ARC:clap:

Still bad for me on the YouTube app on the TV itself, with ARC to a Denon Receiver.

Latest C8 beta firmware plus YAS 107 - lip synch perfect on sky Q via ARC:clap:

Yep, seems LG are have started to pull their fingers out with a few beta firmware updates in the last few days. Lip sync with Sky Q was terrible on my Sonos Beam, but now it’s spot on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom