LG C9 - Can't get stand to fit?

DBoy989

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just had my LG C9 55" Delivered today and the pedestal just doesn't seem to fit together, i can't get the holes aligned for the screws. Looking at the pedestal it has the number 77 stamped on it. Does this mean they've sent me a 77" stand for a 55" tv which is why it won't fit or am I just being thick here?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_131352.jpg
    IMG_20200526_131352.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_20200526_144324.jpg
    IMG_20200526_144324.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20200526_144354.jpg
    IMG_20200526_144354.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 611
It’s awkward mate that’s for sure. Check out an unboxing on YouTube and that should help. I couldn’t figure it out from the instructions alone but a video helped.

Edit: Not sure what the 77 means but you’d know if you had a stand for a 77inch as it would be noticeably wider than the TV itself. The stand is ever so slightly less-wide than the screen.

It’s awkward mate that’s for sure. Check out an unboxing on YouTube and that should help. I couldn’t figure it out from the instructions alone but a video helped.

Edit: Not sure what the 77 means but you’d know if you had a stand for a 77inch as it would be noticeably wider than the TV itself. The stand is ever so slightly less-wide than the screen.

Thanks for the reply, and the youtube link, i checked that out so have the pieces round the right way. I think the metal strip piece is the correct piece for the model as that looks the right size vs the tv, its the actual piece that attaches to the tv that has 77 stamped on it. It's like gap is too narrow for the long stand piece to slide into so it won't sit back into the gap to line up the screw holes. i could take a stanley knife to them to whittle them down but feel like i shouldn't have to do that to make the stand fit together.

Thanks for the reply, and the youtube link, i checked that out so have the pieces round the right way. I think the metal strip piece is the correct piece for the model as that looks the right size vs the tv, its the actual piece that attaches to the tv that has 77 stamped on it. It's like gap is too narrow for the long stand piece to slide into so it won't sit back into the gap to line up the screw holes. i could take a stanley knife to them to whittle them down but feel like i shouldn't have to do that to make the stand fit together.
No, you definitely shouldn’t have to do that. It was awkward for me but the second I saw a video I was able to figure it out and got it done quickly. If you’re still having trouble I would contact the store you got it from or LG directly.

Has anyone else just bought one and can check whether their stand has 77 or 55 on it?

Fix the front blade to the main part of the stand (the heavy bit). Then lift the TV on top of it and it should engage. It should stand there even without any screws. If you're talking about cutting anything you're doing it wrong.

Hi, we got ours delivered just now and the same problem.. a dodgy batch?

John Lewis getting other calls.. it is a bad batch apparently. The wrong component with 77 written on.

Yup JL too. Glad it's not me, thought I was going crazy. Was told I would get a call back from the LG support team by 5 to send out a replacement....Nothing...

So am I ok to just lean it up against a wall in the mean time? The top half seems very thin, worried about breaking it.

So am I ok to just lean it up against a wall in the mean time? The top half seems very thin, worried about breaking it.
Yeah I wouldn’t do that if I were you, just to be safe. I’d give LG a call first thing and request the replacement part, don’t wait on them calling you.

Unlucky guys, at least you know you’re not going mad! Hope it’s resolved ASAP! I’d be disappointed so sure you are also

Just spoke to JL again and they'll swap it out for another one on Thursday and deal with LG themselves.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone much appreciated.

Wow, I feel for you guys, first you think you are going mad and now you have your new TV but cannot really use it.

Maybe it is a sign to wall mount it ;)

Just spoke to JL again and they'll swap it out for another one on Thursday and deal with LG themselves.
I hope that they just bring the new part for you so you don’t have to faff about getting the old one boxed up again. That’s a task I always fail at.

What is the manufacturing info? May be worth putting it out there for others who are getting new sets

JL sending a replacement. Not massively hopeful the new one won't have the same problem but let's see!

Manufactured in Poland, can't see a date on it...

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_195245.jpg
    IMG_20200526_195245.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 578
I had this on the 65", if I remember I had to elevate the (put it on a footstool) with the bottom the TV hanging off to get a good fit. The instructions in the box show's it elevated with the bits from the box itself. Really hard time doing this but it did eventually fit together.

Just had my LG C9 55" Delivered today and the pedestal just doesn't seem to fit together, i can't get the holes aligned for the screws. Looking at the pedestal it has the number 77 stamped on it. Does this mean they've sent me a 77" stand for a 55" tv which is why it won't fit or am I just being thick here?

Thanks
Hi same thing has just happened to me Ordered a C9 55” it’s a fault with a batch just had same problem, it won’t fit the back stand which has 77 on it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom