LG CineBeam Laser 4K Projector at CES 2019 - news discussion

This really interests me (as someone who has had numerous projectors in dedicated and non-dedicated rooms over the years) for use in a family room for 'event viewing'.

@Phil Hinton - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the next podcast should you get to see one running at CES.

Same here, can’t wait to see pricing and overall performance. This might be a potential replacement for my C8 OLED as I am keen on getting back on the 120” train, but let’s see how it performs.

Do we know what the ballpark pricing will be, short throw laser would be ideal for me as moving house and dont want to put up brackets and run cables.

Do we know what the ballpark pricing will be, short throw laser would be ideal for me as moving house and dont want to put up brackets and run cables.
I'd guess a minimum of £3.5k consider their LG HU80KG CineBeam 4K at the moment runs you upwards of £2k (UK model lacks modern WebOS and smart remote).

I'd guess a minimum of £3.5k consider their LG HU80KG CineBeam 4K at the moment runs you upwards of £2k (UK model lacks modern WebOS and smart remote).
I Lways thought I'd never spend anything like that on equipment. Yet spent 3.5 buying the oled a few years back and never regretted it... might have to start saving :)

Yeah, that would have been my guesstimate as well. Wonder if we even get a proper UK model this time around...

Yeah, that would have been my guesstimate as well. Wonder if we even get a proper UK model this time around...
So the smart bits like built in os where not in the UK version ? Only the us one? That seems odd. Wonder what the response rates are like for gaming

So the smart bits like built in os where not in the UK version ? Only the us one? That seems odd. Wonder what the response rates are like for gaming

I think last years cinebeam model (HU something) had around 55ms input lag, which is on the higher end but then again, just checked the Xiaomi Mi Laser thing and apparently that is running at 120ms...

Same here, can’t wait to see pricing and overall performance. This might be a potential replacement for my C8 OLED as I am keen on getting back on the 120” train, but let’s see how it performs.
I have the JMGO SA Laser UST on a 120” Screen after selling My LG Oled in middle of 2018 the Customs Charges Stung a Bit though ... But 30,000 hr Use Laser light Excellent Build Quality , £2,500 all-in & NO REGRETS

I’ve never owned a projector before so no idea of their ability. Are any, inc this one suitable for daytime viewing in normal room lighting? I understand they will always be better in a darkened room but just want to know if they could replace a normal set (I was considering an 82-85” lcd in 2019)

Thanks.

WOW. That looks and sounds fantastic and truly innovative. How have they invented a laser that can project black on a light grey wall in broad daylight? Who ever invented this "negative light" laser must be in for a Nobel prize, either that or the advertising department should be reported to the ASA.

I have the JMGO SA Laser UST on a 120” Screen after selling My LG Oled in middle of 2018 the Customs Charges Stung a Bit though ... But 30,000 hr Use Laser light Excellent Build Quality , £2,500 all-in & NO REGRETS
I have seen the JMGO SA on Gearbest, It looks a very nice!

Are you feeding it with a 4K signal? How does it cope?

Can I ask where you imported it from and what were the customs charges?

Thanks

I wonder if it might be simply worth waiting a couple of weeks for some proper LG announcements or other ultra short throw providers coming through. All these Gearbest projectors seem nice but somehow I am getting the feeling that with everyone of them 'something' is wrong. The Xiaomi Mi one has >100ms input lag and apparently a worse picture if compared to all the Optomas, which in turn has a bit of a DLP-like rainbow effect. The JMGO SA one is FullHD only and quiet pricey for that...

I wonder if it might be simply worth waiting a couple of weeks for some proper LG announcements or other ultra short throw providers coming through. All these Gearbest projectors seem nice but somehow I am getting the feeling that with everyone of them 'something' is wrong. The Xiaomi Mi one has >100ms input lag and apparently a worse picture if compared to all the Optomas, which in turn has a bit of a DLP-like rainbow effect. The JMGO SA one is FullHD only and quiet pricey for that...
Typical Chinese copy other products and not done quite so good, wait and see what this big boy LG can do once its on sale.

I note it says WCG, so is this a 2nd generation DLP (0.68 chip) or is it native 4K, as the lack of WCG was a downside of 1st generation DLP. (0.68/0.47 chipset)

Bill

Just finished watching the LG press conference at CES. No mention of the Cinebeam projector - has there been anything revealed?

Just finished watching the LG press conference at CES. No mention of the Cinebeam projector - has there been anything revealed?
seriously? I am raging now there must be summits they have a working one in the photo here ):

do you think the racing car image in the link is a genuine shot from the pj? hope so then this is the daddy pj I want.

I cannot see how it’s anything but a mock-up - the epson 9300 provides 2500 lumens I think and you wouldn’t get anything like that kind of image with ambient light even if the PJ was set to dynamic mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom