LG CineBeam Laser 4K Projector at CES 2019 - news discussion

Well for big screen viewing until micro-led comes along in a consumer product.
of course its the cheaper option for bigger quality image at the moment, downside of ust projector they are still not as bright as a standards throw pj yet.

nah projectors never will be.

I do believe the convenience space saving adaptability of devices like this have great appeal, the hard bit is managing contrast in domestic environments. I haven't seen one but know how hard it is to get good contrast and black levels in a dedicated room with a lot of black velvet helping out.

Looks great. Thanks for posting the YouTube video. Can’t wait for it to come to the UK. I’ve only recently gotten into projectors as I bought my first, the Optoma UHD51A a month or so ago. Looking forward to the reviews.

Now if that LG could come in under £2k I’d be in especially with the smart technology in it.

Now if that LG could come in under £2k I’d be in especially with the smart technology in it.

Sadly it won’t be. I think it’ll cost £5000-£6000.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Hisense's laser projector goes for over 10 grand! Seeing as the LG includes their excellent WebOS operating system, I actually think this is very reasonable price wise.

I think it's a good price as well......you're getting a laser projector with 4k picture and their WebOS system which is quite good compared to others.
This will hit stores in August in the US and what I heard from my local dealer he expects the same time frame here so i'm going for a demo :)

I’ve emailed LG for a release date. If it gets good reviews then I’ll probably replace my Optoma UHD51A with this.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Hisense's laser projector goes for over 10 grand! Seeing as the LG includes their excellent WebOS operating system, I actually think this is very reasonable price wise.
Probably, I'll still be getting it if it performs the way it should. Really suits my needs this time with short throw and on board os.

Optoma's P1 laser projector is apparently going to sell for around 3 grand. Thats a big price difference compared to the LG. I own a LG B7 OLED and their WebOS is one of the best you can use. I also own Optoma's UHD51A and the OS on that is awful. Short throw is deffo the way to go!

Must be some reviews coming soon!

ee54eb3c4dc7001b4b9b66f0089f76ba.jpg

the first shipment is in at a local US dealer.......curious to hear about the experiences over there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom