LG CineBeam Laser 4K Projector at CES 2019 - news discussion

They also have special made cabinets for the LG

tn_480_4d28374cf3af37d3f431177a0652d36e.jpg.png

Looks like it's not :)
Agreed that retailer has a demo planned for this weekend i believe so we'll see how that works out....

Having dealt with LG customer services who are a shower of xxxxxxxx I won't be buying LG again where possible. I'll also try to make sure my products don't have LG parts. We have a washing machine that is barely even 2 years old and the door developed play and wore through the paint and they didn't want to know. It was a new door because the first one on the machine was covered in scratches which they did replace. I've had a machine half the price last better.

My LG C8 also had bad banding from new but luckily Curry's replaced that and I didn't have to go to LG. I hear LG are now being awkward with Oled banding and burn in replacements as well.

Pity, I've spent thousands on their items and have got them a few sales in the past too.

NO 3D - deal breaker for me - oh well if you're rich pay's your money - now back to waiting for a review of the Optoma P1.

It was to be expected that there was no 3D support.....nowhere it was mentioned to be on it.
I never cared for 3D (not even in theaters) and it will probably be gone sooner than later....but i can understand that people who invested in 3D do want to continue :)

Thanks for posting a review. The lack of HLG is a real disappointment to anyone in the UK. That’s the standard the BBC use for broadcasting Wimbledon, the World Cup and other 4K programmes on iPlayer.
Looks like the Optoma could be getting my money.

Thanks for posting a review. The lack of HLG is a real disappointment to anyone in the UK. That’s the standard the BBC use for broadcasting Wimbledon, the World Cup and other 4K programmes on iPlayer.
Looks like the Optoma could be getting my money.
Totally agree mediocre game lag plus no hlg at such a high price doesn't work for me. Hoping the p1 is better now.

With regards to the omission of HLG, I reached out to LG via twitter and asked if they had plans to issue a firmware upgrade in future to add it. Here's what they said...

"Regrettably, LG has not made any announcements about releasing any firmware upgrade that would add support for HLG HDR to the #HU85LA and we currently do not have any information about that."

Apparently the Optoma P1 is due for release in the USA in about a week so it will be good to see how they compare. I'm surprised at the lack of reviews of the HU85LA online actually. :(

I think they've made a bit of a boob with the omission. Could have been a great piece of equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom