LG CX 4K OLED TV Preview

Planning to make a 65CX my Black Friday purchase to go with the Xbox Series X, going to be along year lol

Last edited:
Tempted by the 77CX; just need to know pricing ;)

When might get clues as to pricing and release dates?

I would expect similar release dates and prices to last years models.

Intend getting the 65 to replace my 55 OLED

48’’ for the bedroom,77’’ for the liv room

this could be a very expensive year....PS5, XB1x, switch pro rumoured and a nice new 55CX to make it all look great.

65Cx and ps5. My credit card company will.love me this year

What's everyones guess for a release month? August?

I wonder if u can spot any picture improvements between the CX vs C9, both in SDR, HDR and upscaling.

I wonder if u can spot any picture improvements between the CX vs C9, both in SDR, HDR and upscaling.

I have a calibrated E6. i love it but I was round my mates helping him install his c9 last weekend and I was really impressed by the picture out of the box on isf.

Absolutely no chance :)

Placebo is a very very strong effect. Also, the buyer of any latest tech will very very rarely tell you anything other than they can see better differences or improvements. No-one really wants to admit they wasted a hell of a lot of money. Also, newer must be better, right ? ;)

I do have my eye on the 48" due to being smaller and might be a nice upgrade for my PC over my Alienware Ultra Wide.

Looking forward to prices and availability.

Do OLEDs get hot?

I would like a CX48 in a fairly small room and wondered if they give off any noticeable heat.

Do OLEDs get hot?

I would like a CX48 in a fairly small room and wondered if they give off any noticeable heat.
Not a 'huge' amount really. They get warm, especially if OLED light (backlight) is High and its been on for a while, but nothing to worry about. Nothing compared to the Plasmas... Didn't need my radiator on in the room when the Kuro was on!

Some interesting reading regarding pricing here. Please be true!!

It says that the 77CX is €1000 lower than the launch price of the 77C9.

If the 77CX in the UK can get down to the same price as you can buy the 77C9 for now in some European countries (below £3k!) then I will get myself one.

How does the launch price of the 65CX" (€3100) compare with last year?

Agreed, I am waiting for the 77C9 to drop as well - also, the W9 77 is now en par with the C9 77 in terms of pricing and interestingly, the new Wx is priced relatively cheap vs. last years W9!

Not sure how this will relate to UK pricing, but LG Germany have announced recommended retail pricing for 2020 OLED tv range.

news.php.

Edit: Apologies, didn't see others had already posted this.

Interesting best buy have the 65CX up for $2799 and from looking at american sites best buy have never got it wrong.

Could we see it starting at £2999?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom