Question LG CX 77" Best settings to set up

rongood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Iv'e got a LG CX 77" coming monday and wondering if anyone has any basic settings to use to start with, i am concerned about future screenburn as well so anything that could reduce that in the settings would be useful.

I’ve followed this guide for my CX55 but the out of the box settings have been fine for me as a down to Earth viewer and the only thing I’ve changed was to lower the backlight a tiny little bit on broadcast channels but these things are personal choices and different to all users.

The anti screen burn settings are turned on by default and they have not spoilt my viewing though I’m not using the CX for games and Apple TV, Prime and Netflix set the picture mode automatically and I’m over the Moon with the picture quality they produce.:clap:

Motion wise, just pick what you want.

Some like tru motion completely off, cinema clear I found to be a really good compromise. I recently played with De judder at 3 or 4 and de blur at 2... and found it to be pretty much perfect for my own eyes.. but its all to taste. I also turned on real cinema.

On the PQ mode, I use backlight 40 for SDR. HDR I use film maker mode too.

If you use VRR (Gsync for video games), take the brightness down to 49.

Motion wise, just pick what you want.

Some like tru motion completely off, cinema clear I found to be a really good compromise. I recently played with De judder at 3 or 4 and de blur at 2... and found it to be pretty much perfect for my own eyes.. but its all to taste. I also turned on real cinema.

On the PQ mode, I use backlight 40 for SDR. HDR I use film maker mode too.

If you use VRR (Gsync for video games), take the brightness down to 49.

I'm curious, why 49 when do you use VRR?

I'm curious, why 49 when do you use VRR?

I don't know if its been fixed in the new firmware but at the time of posting that comment, the gamma curve was higher than it should be in VRR. The brightness change alleviated this and fixed black level issues.

I don't know if its been fixed in the new firmware but at the time of posting that comment, the gamma curve was higher than it should be in VRR. The brightness change alleviated this and fixed black level issues.
ok I understand, thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom