LG CX 77" Picture issues with Xbox One X

Gzachery

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just hooked up my brand LG CX oled and been having issues with the picture presets. The HDMI cable I'm using is the same cable that came with the console and worked just fine with the Vizio M-series this TV is replacing. With the Xbox, all the video features on the console are properly checked off since the console has the ability to read the tv. Well for whatever reason when I try to change the tv's picture pre-set to something other than Vivid, it keeps defaulting back to vivid. This doesn't happen when I use the internal apps of the TV and ONLY keeps changing back with the Xbox input. I also have a One S that I hooked up and it does the exact same thing. I even tried a totally different hdmi cable. Same result! Another weird thing is if I leave the TV's store Demo mode on, the tv will keep defaulting to the demo as soon as I select the xbox port. I've had to turn off the demo mode to keep this from happening. I suspect there isn't a complete hand shake with the console. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried disabling the VRR and free sync on the console and that doesn't help either.

May be a stupid question but you mentioned using the TVs store demo.
When setting it up from new, did you specify it to use 'store mode'?

Well my tv has a "store mode" already turned on as a default so I had to switch that mode off to keep the demos from playing. I bought this thing online from ABC Tv and specified to them to make sure this was a 10bit panel. Also my tv stand is very small and doesn't look anything like the longer ones on all the online pics. Serial is a CXPUA if that helps.

Oh wait now I understand what your asking. When setting up new, I rushed through the setup as I was trying to verify with my Xbox if they sent me a 10bit panel because I ordered online and had to verify with the delivery company everything was good before they left. Maybe I need to reset the tv and start over from scratch?

Seems I fixed the problem. Apparently rushing through the set up options during delivery, I left the TV in Store mode. That mode is what kept the tv going to default Vivid for the picture mode. When I switched it to Home mode, the pre-sets stay without switching. Now I just need to verify this and actual 10bit panel.

Seems I fixed the problem. Apparently rushing through the set up options during delivery, I left the TV in Store mode. That mode is what kept the tv going to default Vivid for the picture mode. When I switched it to Home mode, the pre-sets stay without switching. Now I just need to verify this and actual 10bit panel.

Baa Dum....Tish!

it is a 10bit panel but i believe in the xbox settings you should select 8bit.
someone cleverer than me would now why...but it should be 8bit on your xbox

it is a 10bit panel but i believe in the xbox settings you should select 8bit.
someone cleverer than me would now why...but it should be 8bit on your xbox
Hmm that's weird! I've had it set to 10bit and it's working perfectly.

Hmm that's weird! I've had it set to 10bit and it's working perfectly.
This is what I had read

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom