LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Anyone got any idea about this? Messge from my Denon reciever when trying to play SKY Q. Was fine 10 minutes ago. I’ve tried unplugging the Q box & rebooting??

Tried inputting Sky Q directly to TV & it refuses to go into UHD. Says that the TV is incompatible HDMI colour is enabled on all inputs. All other devices, Xbox One X & UHD player all working as should. Have called Sky & they are sending out an engineer. Faulty box maybe?

Try disabling quick start in the settings. Apparently fixes some HDMI issues.

Then power cycle the TV fully.

Off at plug, then back on at plug :D
Thanks. I thought as much. With the Samsung I could just long press the power button & that would manually reset. Didn’t know if this did something similar.

Anyone else have photos of a white screen on their CX? Would like to see how good / bad is possible with these panels, mostly interested in the 48". From what I have seen so far, other than photos which are not accurate eg. taken from left angle, which makes whole screen look blue. I have not seen any without tint, maybe some a bit better or about the same or slightly worse than my one... For banding I think my one is about as good as possible because IRL it looks a bit better than the pics I took.

Hey, everybody,

Quick question about the slab.

I noticed micro dots (white) on the slab. It is impeccable, but I don't know how to explain it.

If you want to do the test, take a soft cloth or micro fiber, and with the flash of your phone, come closer by looking at about ten centimeters from your slab, TV off) and tell me if you see those dots there. It looks like an imperfection in the tiles, I'd just like to see if other people see it.

It looks like a lint deposit, but I can't quite define it.

The TV is brand new and no cleaning yet.

Thank you for doing the test (you really need to be careful), I would just like to be reassured that this is inherent to glass tiles in general.

I can't get the oppo 93 sound with the CX 65 to work I have tried everything. Trying all the hdmi ports making sure the internal speaker is on. Tried both PCM and Bitstream on tv and Oppo 93

Off at plug, then back on at plug :D
Well, I don't know if my HDMI eARC sound glitch is now sorted, but I did the "off at the plug" trick. I turned everything off. I switched the CX off at the plug. I powered on the Edge A amp, set to the HDMI source, then switched on the CX.

I watched a 90-minute concert with nary a dropout. Last night while listening to Spotify, I had three sound dropouts in a four-minute song. Hmmm.

So, it's only one program (watching Prime via the CX-provided app) but I'm encouraged. I'll try different sources and see what happens. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

So are floating blacks a thing on the CX then? Coming from a very good C8, but the lure of 120hz BFI and HDMI 2.1 has made me sell up.... :)

Hey, everybody,

I noticed micro dots (white) on the slab. It is impeccable, but I don't know how to explain it.

If you want to do the test, take a soft cloth or micro fiber, and with the flash of your phone, come closer by looking at about ten centimeters from your slab, TV off) and tell me if you see those dots there. It looks like an imperfection in the tiles, I'd just like to see if other people see it.

Thank you for doing the test (you really need to be careful), I would just like to be reassured that this is inherent to glass tiles in general.

I've done some motion testing an cinema clear is good for HDR IMO and BFI on medium is amazing for SDR content.

Wish this TV didn't have the banding as I'm really really content with my current setup and dread unplugging the speakers etc and moving the 40kg towers. argh...
Did you notice flicker especially in bright scenes with BFI - used to be very apparent?

Hey, everybody,

What the hell are you chatting about? Slab? Glass tiles?

Hi:
I currently have a Panasonic Plasma. The screen surface is shiny. The TV is mounted on a wall that is opposite a bay window. Does CX have more of a matt screen so light sources are not reflected back to the person watching the TV?

Hi:
I currently have a Panasonic Plasma. The screen surface is shiny. The TV is mounted on a wall that is opposite a bay window. Does CX have more of a matt screen so light sources are not reflected back to the person watching the TV?

This guys post #2,750 will give you an idea on how reflective oled screens can be. The CX has a shiny screen, so in a bright room you may get reflections, especially with a window directly opposite.

Any suggestions for a better picture from Sky? I’m using ‘expert dark room’ & HD footage looks the same as SD footage on my old Samsung. Should AI picture be enabled or not for instance?
Just watching an American football game on sky sport main event. Frankly it looks awful. The grass is shimmering & very I’ll defined. Changing sky to 1080i makes no difference.

Last edited:
The LG Art gallery is great when listening to music on sonos arc, just added sub as well.

IMG_1138.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom