LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Is there a quick way to view programme info on live TV? I’m currently pressing up on the d pad, then right to highlight channel, then enter to view info. Surely, there must be a quicker more convenient way to do this than having to make 3 presses every time.

Should I have black frame insertion on for non gaming content? How do you enable it exactly? And what does it do? Everyone says it’s good? I think it’s the OLED a motion setting right? I tried this set to ON but made the picture much darker?

I would like to be in the position to wait until next year, but my current plasma has vertical lines down the front, thankfully they're still thin and not to many of them and so the tv is still watcheable.

I had hoped to have had one in place this BF, but maybe not?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hi people,

Those who've had the smell coming from the set, did it eventually dissipate?

Yeah, I don't think it's anything burning, more like an unpleasant plastic-y smell. Normally I love the smell of box fresh electronics but this is pretty overwhelming.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency as to the regularity of it, some people have it, others don't from what I can make out.

Hi guys, any idea how to stop the app menu constantly popping up when you turn tv on? Happens constantly.

3rd time lucky - my replacement CX 55 also had a dead pixel. Let's what the panel lottery has for me tomorrow when I get another replacement!

3rd time lucky - my replacement CX 55 also had a dead pixel. Let's what the panel lottery has for me tomorrow when I get another replacement!

Was the dead pixel visible in normal viewing?

Question re burn in warranty

I know JL are doing one - £140 correct?

Are Richer Sounds doing one? Can’t see anything on the site but swore I read about it on here?

I have no idea what is going on with my set? For the last 4 days everything has just looked meh! As it did in the early days. Everything looks noisy & less sharp & colours aren’t as vibrant. Hd stuff looks like slightly better upscaled SD. I wonder if the pixel refreshes can have a negative impact on PQ? It’s not just sky, Netflix HD is not as good either. Anyone else find this? Really inconsistent. I haven't changed any settings. Everything running in Filmmaker mode as usual.

Question re burn in warranty

I know JL are doing one - £140 correct?

Are Richer Sounds doing one? Can’t see anything on the site but swore I read about it on here?

Only JL, others will hide beneath the counter as soon as you mention it.

Even if it is covered you have to wonder if you can still be refused, because it's "Not enough impact normal viewing enjoyment" or some such similar statement?

How do they quantify what qualifies as burn-in? If it has to reach such a level that you can clearly see it in normal viewing, then you will suffer as a viewer all the way upto this point. By which time it might be too late to claim.

I'm weary of these policies, they're not like a power board failure when the TV will not switch on and obviously needs a repair.

Should I have black frame insertion on for non gaming content? How do you enable it exactly? And what does it do? Everyone says it’s good? I think it’s the OLED a motion setting right? I tried this set to ON but made the picture much darker?

Don't use it for anything other than gaming.
Check my post 3530.

Hi guys, I bought a 65CX and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me. Where can I find some good calibrations settings? I saw the one on rtings, but I guess there are some in here too.
Anyway I'm worried about burn-in and here in Italy there is no warranty about this issue. I hope that this expensive and beautiful TV will last some years

Only JL, others will hide beneath the counter as soon as you mention it.

Even if it is covered you have to wonder if you can still be refused, because it's "Not enough impact normal viewing enjoyment" or some such similar statement?

How do they quantify what qualifies as burn-in? If it has to reach such a level that you can clearly see it in normal viewing, then you will suffer as a viewer all the way upto this point. By which time it might be too late to claim.

I'm weary of these policies, they're not like a power board failure when the TV will not switch on and obviously needs a repair.

all a bit subjective

hearing a rumour that Richer Sounds may launch a £100 insurance policy btw

all a bit subjective

hearing a rumour that Richer Sounds may launch a £100 insurance policy btw

It's good that JL offers a burn in warranty and RS might, perhaps oleds are improving burn in wise, but the manufacturers themselves will not back their own products?

We know for the most part insurance companies will do anything they can not to pay and will word their small print to give themselves a good chance of not paying. So if the insurance company does not pay out and you curse them, they don't care because it's not uncommon for them not to pay out and you can't damage their reputation much by shouting to the world.

The TV manufactures though are protective of their reputations and therefore give you the implicit warning before you buy their oled, "Don't buy this TV unless you use it to our advised usage patterns, if you don't there's no warranty! And even if you do use it as advised there's no warranty for burn in!!!! ".

It's doubtful we'd get any joy out of either of them?

if you challenged it legally you would win 100% of the time.
in fact, LG would never let it go that far, they don't want a case going to court and them losing as it would be deemed a "test case" and it would then open the floodgates of claims against them.

Only reason RS would start doing a warranty like that would be because its pretty much a guaranteed sell. The amount of people buying one vs the actual amount of claims would make it very profitable.

I've gone through 4 OLED's and not one has suffered any image retention, nevermind burn in!

Tried using the BT sport app over airplay from my phone for the 1st time last night.

HD works fine but when I try HDR I just get an error.

Is there any way to fix this?

Only reason RS would start doing a warranty like that would be because its pretty much a guaranteed sell. The amount of people buying one vs the actual amount of claims would make it very profitable.

I've gone through 4 OLED's and not one has suffered any image retention, nevermind burn in!
Very true
I’m still considering getting an oled for my bright kitchen and the insurance would allegedly protect me from damage done should light shine directly on it.

It's good that JL offers a burn in warranty and RS might, perhaps oleds are improving burn in wise, but the manufacturers themselves will not back their own products?

We know for the most part insurance companies will do anything they can not to pay and will word their small print to give themselves a good chance of not paying. So if the insurance company does not pay out and you curse them, they don't care because it's not uncommon for them not to pay out and you can't damage their reputation much by shouting to the world.

The TV manufactures though are protective of their reputations and therefore give you the implicit warning before you buy their oled, "Don't buy this TV unless you use it to our advised usage patterns, if you don't there's no warranty! And even if you do use it as advised there's no warranty for burn in!!!! ".

It's doubtful we'd get any joy out of either of them?

It's been debated plenty in the past here, for sure insurances and companies will worm their way out of not paying I think its just become second nature at this point, pay money or offer good service and get 2 fingers back. So there is no guarantee except you are paying for one :facepalm:

People have gone to court and won already they used the tag line of 'my TV was not fit for its intended purpose and should last 5 years at X cost" its worked most of the time.

I think this is why maybe LG started that £200 panel replacement service, it takes 20-30 minutes for a guy to swap over the TV mainboard and power board and you have a new panel they simply repair the faulty panel and re-use it again, so hopefully we don't see any issues with warranties or insurance policies where companies try to worm their way out of it !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom