LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Not all news channels have static element's all the time though, however imo it would be better to put a channel on with a programme that is full screen.

In theory, the pixels are still being worked with the constant change in colour, kind of a like a little refresh. In turning the screen off, yes the pixel turns off, but when you turn the panel back on its going straight back to what it was on (same colour, static elements).

But seriously, if I had to worry this much, I wouldn't bother buying OLED, or I'd be swapping out for LED.

no worries, i just want to understand because i don't know the OLED tech really well. I don't understand why should be a problem to turn off the screen and then turn it back on with previous content. Explain to me :) is there any technical explanation, or tests or something?

I've been gaming on my C9 for over a year now and generally play the same game - Division 2 - the panel shows no sign of burn in at all.
I have the Xbox set to dim the screen after 2 mins when there has been no use, and after a gaming session which is normally 3-4 hours I'll put on something else like which uses full screen for an hour or so.

no worries, i just want to understand because i don't know the OLED tech really well. I don't understand why should be a problem to turn off the screen and then turn it back on with previous content. Explain to me :) is there any technical explanation, or tests or something?
I haven't got a technical explanation for you, maybe someone else can. Just imo for refreshing pixels and as even as possible usage on the pixels then putting full screen content on for a bit would be better.

Don't know how many users have said the same thing now in regards screen burn though:rotfl::thumbsdow

I've been gaming on my C9 for over a year now and generally play the same game - Division 2 - the panel shows no sign of burn in at all.
I have the Xbox set to dim the screen after 2 mins when there has been no use, and after a gaming session which is normally 3-4 hours I'll put on something else like which uses full screen for an hour or so.
good, i usually do this too when i finish a game session, or if i have to leave or do something else i simply turn off the tv. but when i pause a game for 30 minutes (example), i prefer to turn the screen off and listen to the music through spotify on ps4. for this reason i would like to understand why turn off the screen is bad

good, i usually do this too when i finish a game session, or if i have to leave or do something else i simply turn off the tv. but when i pause a game for 30 minutes (example), i prefer to turn the screen off and listen to the music through spotify on ps4. for this reason i would like to understand why turn off the screen is bad
No one has said its 'bad', but for me putting on full screen content is better, think of it like an alternative compensation cycle.

I haven't got a technical explanation for you, maybe someone else can. Just imo for refreshing pixels and as even as possible usage on the pixels then putting full screen content on for a bit would be better.

Don't know how many users have said the same thing now in regards screen burn though:rotfl::thumbsdow

screen off equal tv off :) i mean, when you turn on the tv, it goes on a channel straight away; same thing if you turn on the screen. if the screen is turned off, so all pixels are shutted down, i don't understand how this can be worse than actually keep the screen running with some content. i hope some users can explain it to me :)

No one has said its 'bad', but for me putting on full screen content is better, think of it like an alternative compensation cycle.

the tv does an automatic pixel refreshner after 4 cumulative hours. i often keep the tv on some radio channel and i turn off the screen while i do some work and honestly i never thought that this could be bad :D

Well I'm sure most owners don't even bother doing anything like whats being discussed, so whichever method you go for, I'm sure will be fine.

Can you do that on this set? My Samsung won’t let me switch to another input if there aren’t devices turned on.

Well I have devices connected to all ports, but they don’t need to be on to switch to them.

I don't understand, what's wrong with the screen off?

You mean tv off? Why would you do that, anyway some of you guys are over worrying, don’t get me wrong it’s good to be cautious but the likely hood of screen burn is rare. Just enjoy the tv.

I had a B6 previously and did not get any screen burn and played many games on it with static elements, burn in prevention has only got better so its something I rarely worry about.

You mean tv off? Why would you do that, anyway some of you guys are over worrying, don’t get me wrong it’s good to be cautious but the likely hood of screen burn is rare. Just enjoy the tv.

I had a B6 previously and did not get any screen burn and played many games on it with static elements, burn in prevention has only got better so its something I rarely worry about.

no, i mean screen off. you can turn off the screen and keep the tv on. i explained when i use it, just don't understand if it's a problem or not.
p.s. how many hours per day do you play games?

no, i mean screen off. you can turn off the screen and keep the tv on. i explained when i use it, just don't understand if it's a problem or not.
It’s not a problem. I prefer to use my AV receiver to play music, so turn the TV off completely, but your choice works too.
You are clearly aware of screen burn risks as much as anyone here. Just use common sense. If something onscreen worries you, stop watching it. Simple as that.
As I’ve said before, you really are worrying too much. Calm down and enjoy the TV.:)

Ok I see, not used that screen off thing then, I just switch to another hdmi port which then runs the picture frame screensavers, but only if i'm not using the console and just updating or downloading a large game file.

I play games on and off mostly at the weekends, maybe and hour or so at a time, played a fair bit of Cod or BF, which has static elements on screen.
Sometimes I play for even longer if its a game I'm really enjoying.

Screen off and TV off are 2 different things

giphy.gif

1.Peak Brightness is for HDR only, set to high, as it's for the highlights in any given scene.

So it's better to keep it disabled with SDR content? What "disabled" does means exactly? no limits in brightness?

So it's better to keep it disabled with SDR content? What "disabled" does means exactly? no limits in brightness?
Yes keep it off for SDR. You want it high for HDR.

It’s not a problem. I prefer to use my AV receiver to play music, so turn the TV off completely, but your choice works too.
You are clearly aware of screen burn risks as much as anyone here. Just use common sense. If something onscreen worries you, stop watching it. Simple as that.
As I’ve said before, you really are worrying too much. Calm down and enjoy the TV.:)

as i already said, it's not about worrying, it's just about how i use my tv :) i use it for music too, so it's good for me turn the screen on in that case, instead of leaving a static screen. but in here seems that the screen turned off is evil :D

as i already said, it's not about worrying, it's just about how i use my tv :) i use it for music too, so it's good for me turn the screen on in that case, instead of leaving a static screen. but in here seems that the screen turned off is evil :D
No one has said its evil. It would make more sense though, after a few hours of static images, to put some content on the screen for a bit (if you are particularly bothered about burn in). But most people, myself included, would just turn the tv off and let the comp cycle do its thing.

No one has said its evil. It would make more sense though, after a few hours of static images, to put some content on the screen for a bit (if you are particularly bothered about burn in). But most people, myself included, would just turn the tv off and let the comp cycle do its thing.
Yes I'd agree with this. Just mix your content if you are a gamer but as also has been said just enjoy the TV :)

but if the screen is off, there is no static image! if i listen to a channel while i'm working or if i listen some music, i can't turn off the tv obviously. if there is this function, i guess that it can be used without problems. but this is just my thinking :) i'm not an expert

Yes I'd agree with this. Just mix your content if you are a gamer but as also has been said just enjoy the TV :)

if the screen is turned off, there is no need to mix the content, this is the point. maybe i can't explain myself 😅

if the screen is turned off, there is no need to mix the content, this is the point. maybe i can't explain myself 😅
Think your missing our point tbh 😅 either way, stop bloody worrying and crack on 👍

It's been heavily debated in the past, you have a top of the range OLED TV panel yet marketed for gaming purposes, really just use it as you feel fit and the way you wish. I had legit concerns over burn in or the will it or won't burn in so just paid £140 from JL for burn in & accidental cover, all sides are covered that way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom