LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official 05.30.30 update has also been rolled out in The Netherlands today. The TV installed it this morning after switching it on.
hmm that's strange... i live in the netherlands as well but no update found here...
Is the official update available for download yet anywhere? cannot find it on the dutch or uk site..

Some people over on the C6 thread have noticed an improvement in MOTION handling while using trumotion on 5.30.30 , particularly on internal tuner/broadcasts & I must admit I to have now been able to switch trumotion off for broadcasts via internal sat tuner !!
I am annoyed by judder/blur on pans or scrolling text etc & have used trumotion 6/0 on previous firmware versions to minimise it on PAL/50HZ, but now getting judder free motion with no artifacts with TM off.
Also tried motion 24hz test on Spears & Munsil blu-ray which I think is quite a severe test & the tearing that I have seen in the past appears to have been reduced with TM 7/0.
This is more than I expected, SUPERB JOB LG.

Timestamps on thread entries are incorrect avforums have enabled time travel??

Now back to normal

Last edited:
In Holland NO update for me either, strange!!!!

ON LG website for the netherlands update for download is the 05.30.10......

It's 05.30.10 on the Portuguese LG website and I got the update OTA as soon as I turned the TV on this morning.

And it updated fine.

I take it for those of us that instslled the beta firmware the OTA update won’t be available for us ?

Nothing for my 55E6 yet (UK)....

I have not seen any improvement with TM on my E6 with this new update for 24hz material. Same artifacts when using any form of dejudder other than 0.

No update in northern ireland yet

My 55E6 auto updated this morning 2nd July.
Did a quick test & still need dynamic contrast on full for HDR games.
Was hoping for freesync for the xbox x like Samsung have been given but no.

hmm that's strange... i live in the netherlands as well but no update found here...
Is the official update available for download yet anywhere? cannot find it on the dutch or uk site..

@ommyturbo It's not the beta update mentioned previously on this thread. It was an official one, downloaded and installed OTA on the set itself. The TV (55" E6V European model) advised with a pop up that the update was available and downloaded it. I was then prompted to restart the TV to install the 05.30.30 update. My brother, who also has an E6 and lives in Scotland, has also not been able to get the update via his TV or via the LG UK website. I'm beginning to think that it may have been released by mistake and LG have stopped its roll out.
s!Ane9CItlwMIKuPpAlnZ2XuxXneCd8w

Last edited:
@ommyturbo It's not the beta update mentioned previously on this thread. It was an official one, downloaded and installed OTA on the set itself. The TV (55" E6V European model) advised with a pop up that the update was available and downloaded it. I was then prompted to restart the TV to install the 05.30.30 update. My brother, who also has an E6 and lives in Scotland, has also not been able to get the update via his TV or via the LG UK website. I'm beginning to think that it may have been released by mistake and LG have stopped its roll out.
Wasn’t it to be a staggered roll out just like the last OTA one?
Not everybody getting it at the same time but over the course of a few weeks.

My 55E6 auto updated this morning 2nd July.
Did a quick test & still need dynamic contrast on full for HDR games.
Was hoping for freesync for the xbox x like Samsung have been given but no.

Are you sure?
I thought it was confirmed a few posts back that the beta fixed both the DV issue -AND- the dark HDR game mode issue.

Can anyone else confirm that HDR game mode is bright again on the official update? (without having to mess with dynamic contrast).

If not then I think LG just made it dark on purpose because they're afraid the red/yellowish pixels will wear out faster, causing burn-ins.
Chances are bigger that this happens when playing video games, because of ingame HUD's and OSD's.

I hope somebody could do a compare between the beta and official update for HDR game mode.

If it's not fixed I'll downgrade again.

Are you sure?
I thought it was confirmed a few posts back that the beta fixed both the DV issue -AND- the dark HDR game mode issue.

Can anyone else confirm that HDR game mode is bright again on the official update? (without having to mess with dynamic contrast).

If not then I think LG just made it dark on purpose because they're afraid the red/yellowish pixels will wear out faster, causing burn-ins.
Chances are bigger that this happens when playing video games, because of ingame HUD's and OSD's.

I hope somebody could do a compare between the beta and official update for HDR game mode.

If it's not fixed I'll downgrade again.

Check the E6 thread on avs forum. Someone did before and after with dc on and off and it’s clear as day brighter now. DC isn’t needed imo now

On 2nd July, my UK 65E6 firmware version is 05.30.10. What is the 05.30.30 that a lot of people here seem to be referring to?

Andre

Last edited:
Check the E6 thread on avs forum. Someone did before and after with dc on and off and it’s clear as day brighter now. DC isn’t needed imo now

I've found the comparison, this one right?
HDR Game Mode Comparison

HDR game mode is a bit more bright indeed.. but I liked it ultra bright as it was on the 04.x.x firmware.
So I'm gonna downgrade anyways.

If I have the beta firmware should I still let it only update over the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom