LG E6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Twitted and Emailed LG for a response !

It's old news that's been repackaged to look new...

and during the repackaging they added Europe to the old news, making it new news? Irrelevant really either way - I want my tele fixed.

I have a replay from LG on Twitter coming through as I send this....

Hi C, in the process of carrying out the voluntary replacement service in South Korea where the TV power board issue was first reported, LG has continued to investigate the possibility of certain TV models being affected in other markets. The company is actively following-up on all reports related to LG TV operational issues and is initiating talks with relevant government regulatory agencies where necessary. If it is determined that customers in additional markets are experiencing overheating issues with their power boards, LG will initiate a voluntary replacement or repair service in those locations and customers will be notified of all necessary information regarding the programme’s operation in their market. Thank you.

A final Twitter from LG -
Hi C, the issue has been considered by the European Commission which quotes the Information and Communication System on Market Surveillance (ICSMS), which has categorised the issue as ‘N-low risk,’ the lowest risk level, with no incidences having been reported to warrant any serious concern, indicating the TVs are safe to use.

Long live the E6 :clap:

I had a similar reply via their Facebook account:
Hi Andre, in the process of carrying out the voluntary replacement service in South Korea where the TV power board issue was first reported, LG has continued to investigate the possibility of certain TV models being affected in other markets. The company is actively following-up on all reports related to LG TV operational issues and is initiating talks with relevant government regulatory agencies where necessary.

If it is determined that customers in additional markets are experiencing overheating issues with their power boards, LG will initiate a voluntary replacement or repair service in those locations and customers will be notified of all necessary information regarding the programme’s operation in their market.

Andre

Unless they bring out another passive 3d display 65" or bigger then they will have to pry this TV from my cold dead hands :)

Like I said.... Old news!

That link mentions it currently is not active in the uk

Just posting this for the fun of it
Avatar 2 and 3 (which are being shot and produced in parallel) are captured in 3D 4K at 48 frames a second and in High Dynamic Range.
If you have this TV and love 3d - then you can see the potential future for us all in this statement :)

It's a bit old but this is an interesting read - Here's What We Know about the Super-Secret Tech Behind 'Avatar 2'

Hi all,

Anyone here use Apple TV with their E6, more specifically through an amp and encounter any issues?

From time to time if I pause Apple TV and once the screensaver kicks in, if I then try and resume the programme sometimes it reverts back to the E6 screensaver. This seems to be happening more frequently now.
I have premium certified HDMI cables and a Denon X2500. Other sources seem fine.

Hi all,

Anyone here use Apple TV with their E6, more specifically through an amp and encounter any issues?

From time to time if I pause Apple TV and once the screensaver kicks in, if I then try and resume the programme sometimes it reverts back to the E6 screensaver. This seems to be happening more frequently now.
I have premium certified HDMI cables and a Denon X2500. Other sources seem fine.
mine occasionally goes to the LG screen saver when I’m jumping around from one thing to another on the ATV 4K and it sometimes has problems when switching to a Dolby Vision source, suggesting it’s a handshaking issue

mine occasionally goes to the LG screen saver when I’m jumping around from one thing to another on the ATV 4K and it sometimes has problems when switching to a Dolby Vision source, suggesting it’s a handshaking issue
Thanks for the reply.
So would you think that’s more device rather than cable?

Thanks for the reply.
So would you think that’s more device rather than cable?
i dont Think it’s cables. I think it maybe something to do with my Denon amp as it sometimes loses input on my oppo when switching to a Dolby Vision source.

My LG E6 55" bought Jan 2017 is showing the Netflix logo from the Netflix selection screen on red backgrounds. I'm aware that the 3D panels are no longer available but I'm keen to find out if anyone has actually had the panel replaced in their E6 with a 2D panel or whether their TV has just been written off with a replacement model or refund?

Please let me know if you've had your E6 panel replaced with a 2D model.

Attachments

• 20201005_194525 - Copy.jpg
    20201005_194525 - Copy.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 103
Had my set (65") just over 3 years now and it has just developed a line down the middle of screen (not a band) which is very noiticable watching football with the movement of the pitch. I commented about it on the recent articles regarding product recalls in Korea starting to affect US and Europe and LG have asked for all my details. I know they cannot replace the 3D so won't be accepting a new screen if offered, but interested in what they have to say. Will keep you posted!
LG have told me this weekend that the line down the middle of the screen is acceptable according to their assessment and comes under screen panel non uniformity but for me to try and progress the problem through my extended guarantee I got with my retailer (Crampton and Moore)

i dont Think it’s cables. I think it maybe something to do with my Denon amp as it sometimes loses input on my oppo when switching to a Dolby Vision source.
I have an LG 55E6V, an Oppo 203 and a Denon AVR-X2700H and am having the same issue. It only seems to happen with Dolby Vision and not HDR. Glad I'm not the only one

I have an LG 55E6V, an Oppo 203 and a Denon AVR-X2700H and am having the same issue. It only seems to happen with Dolby Vision and not HDR. Glad I'm not the only one

Come to think of it I think it is happening each time with Dolby Vision.

My LG E6 55" bought Jan 2017 is showing the Netflix logo from the Netflix selection screen on red backgrounds. I'm aware that the 3D panels are no longer available but I'm keen to find out if anyone has actually had the panel replaced in their E6 with a 2D panel or whether their TV has just been written off with a replacement model or refund?

Please let me know if you've had your E6 panel replaced with a 2D model.

I'd be surprised if anyone has actually accepted a 2D panel replacement. If they can't repair it (replace like for like 3D panel) then you're within your rights to have a refund or exchange/credit, so may as well get a 2020 set; even if they want to reduce value for TV usage you still shouldn't have to spend anything, given how much more the 2016 sets retailed for.

Hey guys, Today I received a short notice on my E6 saying something like "Free power supply replacement......."(Couldn't read it completely). Anybody received the same? please guide. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom