LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

I have yes ... i have an eye condition and found it helped with eye strain.

You're a few years younger than my dad, who can't tell the difference between SD, HD and 4k and can't even operate the Sky/Virgin remote let alone play games.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, did you have an affair with a woman called Janis in late 1980?
Ha! I've seen Janis a few times in concerts. Maybe I met your father in one of them and past him the wine.:D

Hi guys, just bought the 65" E9. Am wondering whether I can improve the built-in audio by using any parts of my existing 5.1 system based on a 2012 Yamaha RX-R373 AV receiver linked to a Monitor Audio Bronze centre speaker, a pair of Mission M73 floor standers and unremarkable side rears. All a bit old tech I know but seems a shame to junk it.

A key question is whether a 5.1 system or adding extra speakers can be used to augment the built in sound or whether it just replaces it?

Last edited:
Hi guys, just bought the 65" E9. Am wondering whether I can improve the built-in audio by using any parts of my existing 5.1 system based on a 2012 Yamaha RX-R373 AV receiver linked to a Monitor Audio Bronze centre speaker, a pair of Mission M73 floor standers and unremarkable side rears. All a bit old tech I know but seems a shame to junk it.

A key question is whether a 5.1 system or adding extra speakers can be used to augment the built in sound or whether it just replaces it?

I'm pretty sure it would just replace it.

Hi wondering if anyone can help.

I setup alexa with my e9 and I use an echo dot to communicate with it. All worked fine then a few days after Alexa would say 'tv is not responding please check the network connection' I went on the menu>connection>link to devices for voice control> Alexa but it just hangs and it just shows the loading icon.

I reset the TV and set it up fresh and it was working again. Now a few days later I have the same issue.

Is my unit faulty?

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_111536.jpg
    IMG_20200428_111536.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20200428_111517.jpg
    IMG_20200428_111517.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 252

I setup alexa with my e9 and I use an echo dot to communicate with it. All worked fine then a few days after Alexa would say 'tv is not responding please check the network connection' I went on the menu>connection>link to devices for voice control> Alexa but it just hangs and it just shows the loading icon.

I reset the TV and set it up fresh and it was working again. Now a few days later I have the same issue.

Is my unit faulty?

I can't help with your problem right now as your message is the first time I've realised you can use a dot to control the TV. Which annoying me now as I've had a dot within shouting distance since before I got the TV.
How did you initially link the 2 together? I'll have a play later and then report back.

Is my unit faulty?
Ps

Have you still got film over your speaker grill?

I can't help with your problem right now as your message is the first time I've realised you can use a dot to control the TV. Which annoying me now as I've had a dot within shouting distance since before I got the TV.
How did you initially link the 2 together? I'll have a play later and then report back.

Yes if you go through that setting on the TV you can set you TV up to be controlled via an echo device. Make sure you have downloaded the lg skills too. I still have the plastic on because I'm planning to wall mount it so don't want to take it off yet.

Yes if you go through that setting on the TV you can set you TV up to be controlled via an echo device. Make sure you have downloaded the lg skills too. I still have the plastic on because I'm planning to wall mount it so don't want to take it off yet.
I didn't see the film when I first set mine up and was massively disappointed with the sound lol.
It's like having your hearing cured when you take it off.

I've tried linking it but as usual with Echo, it's rubbish. I've got a Google home mini in my bedroom I might bring down as Google just seems infinitely more useful than Echo products.

Hi guys, I currently have a c8 and after much thought Iv come to the conclusion to go for either a e9 or a CX.
Just a couple of questionS, can anyone tell me if the hdmi 2.1 ports are full bandwidth 4k 120 4:4:4? Im buying this TV to ‘future proof’ for ps5. I understand its all hearsay until 2.1 devices come out. Also can anyone tell me if they came from an 8 series, if the brightness of the e9 is noticeabley dimmer than a 8. Apologies if this has already been covered. Thank you

Oh dear that doesn't look good. I dont have an E9 but am considering buying one possibly E9 or C9 55" can't decide.

Did this crack happen over time was it tiny to start with or has it suddenly appeared or thats when it was visible? If I buy the E9 I 'd like to keep it on tv stand/cabinet (not was mount it) so would like to see photos if anyone has of the E9 or C9 on a cabinet.

Hope you get your crack sorted by JL let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Sorry its not a great pic, I have my E9 on a stand where the ends over hang about 6" on each side, I like the look and have had no issues at all with the glass.
Someone asked about the glass on a stand so I wanted to include this pic of mine.
We love this tv.

Attachments

• E9 front.jpg
    E9 front.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 255
Hi guys, I currently have a c8 and after much thought Iv come to the conclusion to go for either a e9 or a CX.
Just a couple of questionS, can anyone tell me if the hdmi 2.1 ports are full bandwidth 4k 120 4:4:4? Im buying this TV to ‘future proof’ for ps5. I understand its all hearsay until 2.1 devices come out. Also can anyone tell me if they came from an 8 series, if the brightness of the e9 is noticeabley dimmer than a 8. Apologies if this has already been covered. Thank you
Although it seems to me it won't it won't really matter as the panel is 10 bit anyway. I can't help with the brightness.

The 9 series does have the full 48Gbps bandwidth needed for 4k@120hz 12 bit 4:4:4 however the X series does not.
the X series only goes up to 40 Gbps and can only handle 4k@120 hz 10 bit at 4:4:4.
I have an E9 and absolutely love it!!

Thanks for your help, I bit the bullet and got a 65E9!
Got a reduction off the price, I got one delivered a couple days ago for £2250 from Richersounds. Tv looks brilliant. Love the picture on glass design. It was no brainer to get this model, save £550 over the CX with nearly identical pq. The most important thing to me was getting hdmi 2.1. So I can live without the few extra features that the CX has.
I would say at the moment the picture brightness does look slightly dimmer than my C8 but not by a lot. Could be down to panel variance.
I do feel after playing my ps4 pro, that there is more level of detail and shadow detail in this model over my C8.
Did you guys remove the rubber gromits from under neath the glass or keep them on?

Oh dear that doesn't look good. I dont have an E9 but am considering buying one possibly E9 or C9 55" can't decide.

Did this crack happen over time was it tiny to start with or has it suddenly appeared or thats when it was visible? If I buy the E9 I 'd like to keep it on tv stand/cabinet (not was mount it) so would like to see photos if anyone has of the E9 or C9 on a cabinet.

Hope you get your crack sorted by JL let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Don't know if you are still considering...I would certainly suggest a full width stand, E9 is 55"😉

69DB6C6F-FD43-4964-BCA1-AE285B62A9F9_1_105_c.jpeg

Got a reduction off the price, I got one delivered a couple days ago for £2250 from Richersounds. Tv looks brilliant. Love the picture on glass design. It was no brainer to get this model, save £550 over the CX with nearly identical pq. The most important thing to me was getting hdmi 2.1. So I can live without the few extra features that the CX has.
I would say at the moment the picture brightness does look slightly dimmer than my C8 but not by a lot. Could be down to panel variance.
I do feel after playing my ps4 pro, that there is more level of detail and shadow detail in this model over my C8.
Did you guys remove the rubber gromits from under neath the glass or keep them on?
Mine are still on there, but they're actually at the far end where it overhangs the stand it's currently sat on, so they're doing nothing. I tried them in contact with the stand, but then the panel looked like it was leaning back.

I did remove the rubber things, and my E9 hangs over the edge on each end by about 6 inches.

Its not the best pic but I did upload one to show.
I love the E9 I think it is one of the best oleds LG ever made.
My bad, I didnt realize I had already posted this above, sorry about that.

Attachments

• E9 front.jpg
    E9 front.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 171
Don't know if you are still considering...I would certainly suggest a full width stand, E9 is 55"😉

View attachment 1296209
This set up is super clean looking, very nice!!
I just wasnt in the mood to buy new furniture at the time, down the road when I am caught up with things, for now I am just glad I was able to get the tv.

Has anyone come up with a tidy way of having a soundbar infront of it and creating a gap under to run the cables?

Good evening, I’m a new member of AV Forum, very much a novice, and looking for some help please. I am enjoying life with my 55” LG E9 and think the in-built sound bar does a pretty good job for day to day viewing. However, would like to know if I can directly link ‘rear effect’ speakers and maybe a sub to the in-built sound bar/TV without any other equipment? Just looking to add a more immersive sound when watching movies to compliment the stunning picture! Any help, advice and recommendations (low budget/mid-range and top end) would be greatly received!

Good evening, I’m a new member of AV Forum, very much a novice, and looking for some help please. I am enjoying life with my 55” LG E9 and think the in-built sound bar does a pretty good job for day to day viewing. However, would like to know if I can directly link ‘rear effect’ speakers and maybe a sub to the in-built sound bar/TV without any other equipment? Just looking to add a more immersive sound when watching movies to compliment the stunning picture! Any help, advice and recommendations (low budget/mid-range and top end) would be greatly received!

You can add a WiSa ( WiSA Certified Speakers | WiSA ) set up but that overrides the inbuilt speakers. And it's not gonna be cheap.
You can add a sub with a wire to add some punch though and maintain the internal speaker.
Or you could get a soundbar that comes with rear speakers. There's some cheaper ones at around £250 that just do basic surround, up to thousands for Atmos systems.
I'm seriously trying with the idea of the Samsung Q90R 7.1.4 set up at the moment

You can add a WiSa ( WiSA Certified Speakers | WiSA ) set up but that overrides the inbuilt speakers. And it's not gonna be cheap.
You can add a sub with a wire to add some punch though and maintain the internal speaker.
Or you could get a soundbar that comes with rear speakers. There's some cheaper ones at around £250 that just do basic surround, up to thousands for Atmos systems.
I'm seriously trying with the idea of the Samsung Q90R 7.1.4 set up at the moment

Thank you for the reply Matt, I'll do a bit more digging as still hoping to use the inbuilt soundbar as part of the system and not have to buy another one or am I hoping for the impossible?! 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom