LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

Thank you for the reply Matt, I'll do a bit more digging as still hoping to use the inbuilt soundbar as part of the system and not have to buy another one or am I hoping for the impossible?! 🤔
You're hoping for the impossible really.
If you go to the sound menu you can see what options are available.

20200511_170640.jpg
20200511_170653.jpg

Owners, do u have e9 mounted on wall? Please any photo.
And does anyone use internal speaker? If so, is it any good? All i need is sound where i can here dialogues and sound effecs. And, is it possible to add subwofer and use it togethe with internal speakers?

And does anyone use internal speaker? If so, is it any good? All i need is sound where i can here dialogues and sound effecs. And, is it possible to add subwofer and use it togethe with internal speakers?

I don't have mine on a wall, so can't help there.
I'm currently using the internal speaker, which for a barely there, no wire option, it''s very good. There are probably too many settings but you get there eventually.
You can add a wired sub and use it in conjunction but sadly, the WiSA option is all or nothing.

I'm torn as to whether just the internal speaker is enough, whether I want a sub, or just go all out on an atmos system. Think I'll wait until we decorate this room as it may lead to solution.

I have mine mounted, see my post here.

Cannot comment on adding a subwoofer etc as have my own sound system already.

The sound is obviously better than my previous B6, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting? If you want good sound, a sound bar or a cheap home theatre set up will beat it easily.

Picture quality is top notch though.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for advice and comments please. I currently have a Sony 49XE9005 to which is connected a Sky Q 2TB box, a PS4 Pro and a Sonos Playbar. I am looking to upgrade to an LG OLED and have more or less decided upon 2 options. 1. Buy a C9 and keep the Playbar. 2. Buy an E9 and dispense with the Playbar just utilising the inbuilt speakers. Option 2 may not be as nuts as it initially seems as I'm fed up with not being able to get Dolby from Sky Q without horrible lip sync problems (and no, there are no Sky / Sony / Sonos settings that can resolve this sadly other than turning DD off). I do realise that the sound won't be as good as through the Playbar .... but I'm assuming that I can start watching Sky output in DD? All thoughts and comments welcome.

Great informative thread this. I‘ve decided to join the E9 club. After doing much web research on E9 vs CX, I could find no compelling reason to pay more for the newer model. So, just ordered the LG E9 65 inch via Richer Sounds to replace our much loved LG E6 55 inch. Sacrificing 3D, which is great but rarely used due to a lack of content, for the extra screen size goodness in general viewing via Sky Q, Apple TV and Netflix. In terms of sound quality, the integral speakers on the E6 were good enough for us, so I’m hoping the same is the case for the E9.

Looking forward to it. Now to relocate the E6 somewhere else in the house, which could be a challenge :)

Great informative thread this. I‘ve decided to join the E9 club. After doing much web research on E9 vs CX, I could find no compelling reason to pay more for the newer model. So, just ordered the LG E9 65 inch via Richer Sounds to replace our much loved LG E6 55 inch. Sacrificing 3D, which is great but rarely used due to a lack of content, for the extra screen size goodness in general viewing via Sky Q, Apple TV and Netflix. In terms of sound quality, the integral speakers on the E6 were good enough for us, so I’m hoping the same is the case for the E9.

Looking forward to it. Now to relocate the E6 somewhere else in the house, which could be a challenge :)
Well I'd very much appreciate your feedback once you've got it (especially about the sound) before I make my final decision to buy one, especially as Sky Q, Netflix and PS4 gaming is pretty much what it will be used for.

Well I'd very much appreciate your feedback once you've got it (especially about the sound) before I make my final decision to buy one, especially as Sky Q, Netflix and PS4 gaming is pretty much what it will be used for.

Will do. We also use it for XBox and Nintendo Wii U gaming occasionally so will let you know our thoughts once up and running. I decided to press the order button today as I think that stock will diminish pretty rapidly as they ramp up sales of the 2020 models. I wanted to get my E9 secured as it seems the right balance of features v price at the moment.

I’m hoping someone can check something for me.

I recently purchased an E9 and overall I'm happy with uniformity etc.

However I’ve noticed a buzzing sound from behind the TV near where the HDMI inputs are. It only happens when the TV is in standby and I need to put my ear behind (which I obviously don’t do when watching tv). But I’d like to know if this is normal.

Thanks

As I await delivery of my new E9 65 inch I have a question for you owners.

The TV cabinet I have is exactly 100cm wide. The E9 is 144cm wide (the glass display that runs the complete length of the TV) but the stand that supports it behind the screen is 79cm. I've assumed this is OK even if it means that the TV will extend approx 20cm on each side of the cabinet? Can anyone with cabinets smaller than the TV itself confirm please? Pics would be great. Having only very recently bought the cabinet I really don't want the wife to find out that I need to buy a new one :)

I’ve also just invested in a 65” E9 and waiting for delivery. Will be quite the step up from a 14 year old 42” plasma.
Getting excited reading all the reviews again. Mine is going to be wall hung so hoping it will look ok.

Our E9 65 inch arrived today. Set up and running. So far, wow. Delighted with it, the picture quality is sublime, a considerable step up to our eyes vs the E6 55 inch that has now moved to another room as we don‘t want to lose the occasional 3D experience. We’ve gone with the ISF expert bright room setting, so far, so excellent. Thus far tried Sky Q, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV apps. All great. The Apple TV 4K has also been retired to the other room, no need for it as the onboard app seems fine. The sound from the integral speakers is very good, certainly good enough for us (we applied the advice on here and toggled the AI sound on). Decent separation and one thing we’ve noticed is that spoken dialogue is much, much, clearer and easier to understand with this TV than it was on the E6. Mrs interbear is delighted too. Result :)

As I await delivery of my new E9 65 inch I have a question for you owners.

The TV cabinet I have is exactly 100cm wide. The E9 is 144cm wide (the glass display that runs the complete length of the TV) but the stand that supports it behind the screen is 79cm. I've assumed this is OK even if it means that the TV will extend approx 20cm on each side of the cabinet? Can anyone with cabinets smaller than the TV itself confirm please? Pics would be great. Having only very recently bought the cabinet I really don't want the wife to find out that I need to buy a new one :)

On this front, the cabinet being smaller than the TV width is not a problem. It overhangs as noted in my post above but is stable and looks great. Looks to me that as Long as the cabinet supports the stand behind the screen and approx 75% or more of the glass in front of the screen, all is fine.

Our E9 65 inch arrived today. Set up and running. So far, wow. Delighted with it, the picture quality is sublime, a considerable step up to our eyes vs the E6 55 inch that has now moved to another room as we don‘t want to lose the occasional 3D experience. We’ve gone with the ISF expert bright room setting, so far, so excellent. Thus far tried Sky Q, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV apps. All great. The Apple TV 4K has also been retired to the other room, no need for it as the onboard app seems fine. The sound from the integral speakers is very good, certainly good enough for us (we applied the advice on here and toggled the AI sound on). Decent separation and one thing we’ve noticed is that spoken dialogue is much, much, clearer and easier to understand with this TV than it was on the E6. Mrs interbear is delighted too. Result :)
Thanks so much for the update Interbear - it is greatly appreciated. Well, you are pushing me closer to pressing that order button :) Especially good news re: the sound quality as I'm hoping to persuade the wife that getting one and removing the unsightly (in her eyes) Sonos playbar is part of my strategy.

A few pics of my new E9 65. After getting over the size of the box on delivery (serious question, does anyone have room in their house to keep the box? I’d like to but it’s impossibly large :)). Anyway loving the TV so far, very glad I decided to upgrade from our E6 55. The extra size makes it much more immersive and the picture quality on this is much better than the E6 (which I was perfectly happy with anyway). Fits fine on the smaller corner TV cabinet.

Just having a look at BBC iPlayer Primates now. Images are fantastic. Some reflections from the window but I’m hardly noticing that when watching.
7A6A009F-BA87-423E-B956-54BABD1AD883.jpeg
AE495C7A-16A5-445E-9434-E9A974FEE4A1.jpeg
87594861-E317-4AF8-8647-2C616CB538AB.jpeg

D515E622-5F4F-4A2D-BE91-A0F396A6A66B.jpeg
D515E622-5F4F-4A2D-BE91-A0F396A6A66B.jpeg7A6A009F-BA87-423E-B956-54BABD1AD883.jpegAE495C7A-16A5-445E-9434-E9A974FEE4A1.jpeg87594861-E317-4AF8-8647-2C616CB538AB.jpeg

A few pics of my new E9 65. After getting over the size of the box on delivery (serious question, does anyone have room in their house to keep the box? I’d like to but it’s impossibly large :)). Anyway loving the TV so far, very glad I decided to upgrade from our E6 55. The extra size makes it much more immersive and the picture quality on this is much better than the E6 (which I was perfectly happy with anyway). Fits fine on the smaller corner TV cabinet.

Just having a look at BBC iPlayer Primates now. Images are fantastic. Some reflections from the window but I’m hardly noticing that when watching.
View attachment 1303922View attachment 1303923View attachment 1303924

View attachment 1303921 View attachment 1303921View attachment 1303922View attachment 1303923View attachment 1303924
vow they look good, enjoy

A new owner question - what exactly does the Auto Volume setting do? And would you recommend switching it on?

Turn it on as it sounds much better

I have done. Seems to give the sound a little more oomph....technical term :) ....will leave it on and see how we get on with it. Again though, I’m impressed with how clear spoken dialogue is on this TV. With the E6 we often struggled with music / noise overpowering the dialogue, definitely not a problem with this one.

Settings I’m using so far are ISF bright room with picture AI and sound AI both on. Also did the AI tuning with bass boost on.

I have done. Seems to give the sound a little more oomph....technical term :) ....will leave it on and see how we get on with it. Again though, I’m impressed with how clear spoken dialogue is on this TV. With the E6 we often struggled with music / noise overpowering the dialogue, definitely not a problem with this one.

Settings I’m using so far are ISF bright room with picture AI and sound AI both on. Also did the AI tuning with bass boost on.

Sounds about the perfect setting IMO

Hi Guys
I'm deciding between this and the C9. From what I can tell the differences are aesthetics and the improved sound.

For people who have had to make this choice previously, what were your reasons for choosing the E9 over the C9?

For me, sound is the high on the priority as I only get a chance to watch when the kids go to bed. So at that time I can't crank it up :) . However I like the fact that its improve sound over the C9 plus don't need to worry about wiring (and lip sync?).

Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom