LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

How are you getting on? Do you know when you’ll get a replacement yet?
I think you’ve been unlucky, the E9 looks like a top product to me.
Good luck...

No replacement yet. Courier was due to collect yesterday but didn't. Spoke to retailer and it's looking like Thursday/Friday. Will update when I get a replacement.

If you Google C8 77 Hiss my E9 has the same issue.

Will do in a bit! It definitely appears to float mounted haha (by mounted I mean on my ikea uppleva besta stand mount - don't expect to see it on a wall :p)

Have you had the uppleva stand mount for long? Would love to see a picture of it all mounted and to hear your thoughts on the mount too as considering one myself. (Happy to pm if it’s too far off topic!)

Have you had the uppleva stand mount for long? Would love to see a picture of it all mounted and to hear your thoughts on the mount too as considering one myself. (Happy to pm if it’s too far off topic!)

I've had it for a couple of months. It wasn't very straight forward to mount the actual TV (on paper) as they don't use vesa/Mx to describe the screws etc just pictures. But I just make sure the top screws go in a singular hole. The mount is very stable with a 16kg TV on it and looks great. I'll post some photos when my TV is sorted to show you and to describe what I mean regarding the mount itself. There isn't much info online about it!

New TV has arrived... All was fine until it updated and it's hissing on dark scenes again. Everyone else on the latest version?

Anywho, here's a photo mounted (attached).

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190913_141848.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_141848.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 578
Any 65" owners have 5% and 100% uniformity pictures? Would live to see them. Considering stepping up from the C9.

E9 is picture on glass and I have read LG pick the better panels for the E and above models so less chance of banding and tinting if true.

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that apart from the design and sound, the build process was the same. If they hand pick the panels for the E9 then I stand corrected.
I still think they are both great TVs and the E9 looks truly stunning...

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that apart from the design and sound, the build process was the same. If they hand pick the panels for the E9 then I stand corrected.
I still think they are both great TVs and the E9 looks truly stunning...

It's only what was posted on another forum but with the amount of people complaining about there C9 it could well be true.

LG definitely rates their panels somehow. They have never said this publicly but based on findings, calibrators, and others in the know I do believe this is true. I’ve seen this myself.

Had my E9 for a few days now. It's an amazing TV and also really impressed with the sound quality - upgraded from the C6. Does anyone know when the Apple TV app is available to download?

I do think it's true in some way as you just don't hear about E9 owners complaining about tinting and banding and uniformity issues like you do with the C9 .

Are there still happy E9 owners around, as a friend was asking my opinion for a set and I feel the E9 might be the best bet for what they need. They do quite a lot of gaming and a fair amount of uhd film viewing. They also want to keep the sound side simple, maybe just adding a sub. Cheers

Had my E9 for just over a month now and I'm absoultly over the moon with it. It's a fantastic performer when it comes to gaming, very responsive. The picture is stunning at times with the right content (watched spider-man: far from home in 4K last night and it was great!). Whilst the sound will never compare to a dedicated sound bar, it still fills the room very well. Overall I'm delighted with it and can't recommend it enough

Last edited:
Had my E9 for just over a month now and I'm absoultly over the moon with it. It's a fantastic performer when it comes to gaming, very responsive. The picture is stunning at times with the right content (watched spider home: far from home in 4K last night and it was great!). Whilst the sound will never compare to a dedicated sound bar, it still fills the room very well. Overall I'm delighted with it and can't recommend it enough

55" or 65"? I'm beginning to think I had bad luck with my 55".

Had my E9 for just over a month now and I'm absoultly over the moon with it. It's a fantastic performer when it comes to gaming, very responsive. The picture is stunning at times with the right content (watched spider-man: far from home in 4K last night and it was great!). Whilst the sound will never compare to a dedicated sound bar, it still fills the room very well. Overall I'm delighted with it and can't recommend it enough

Thanks. I think this is what I would recommend for him, given his watching habits.
I still think it’s a superb set. :thumbsup:

55" or 65"? I'm beginning to think I had bad luck with my 55".

I think you’ve been very unlucky. To be honest, I’ve seen this kind of misfortune for owners of all makes of tv. It’s a superb set, and anyone can be unlucky.
Hope you are sorted out now...

I am looking to get one of these TV's to replace my current LG OLED C7 (55"). I don't like the styling on the C9 with its really wide Alpine Stand. However, like your TV, it will overhang each side of the cabinet on which it will be placed, as indeed does my current one (See Photo). Do you think there will be an issue, or like me feel that it will be OK as the glass is likely to be strengthened/tempered.

Attachments

• IMG_8052.JPG
    IMG_8052.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 449
Hello there ..... This is the first time i have wandered over to post in the Lg thread's although i have been lurking, I am considering the E9 as my next oled as i have just returned my second GZ2000....
Would be great if owners could post a few pics of films playing on the E9 if possible so i could get a taste of what it looks like? Thanks in advance

Hello there ..... This is the first time i have wandered over to post in the Lg thread's although i have been lurking, I am considering the E9 as my next oled as i have just returned my second GZ2000....
Would be great if owners could post a few pics of films playing on the E9 if possible so i could get a taste of what it looks like? Thanks in advance
I'll try and post some tonight for you 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom