LG E9 OLED owners and discussion thread

For some reason its not playing my 4k discs in hdr, will need to play about a bit

Seems to be working now , I had to switch my xbox on ,that worked with hdr first time , then the next time I tried the 4K player it played hdr no problems ..

Ok spent the night with the E9:cool: and im impressed ..... coming from Panasonic tv's i was worried about a few things, but im loving this interface and host of options, the remote control!!! And then the picture quality ... Having had 2 GZ2000's i tested the same discs and i cant tell the difference... 👍

Ok spent the night with the E9:cool: and im impressed ..... coming from Panasonic tv's i was worried about a few things, but im loving this interface and host of options, the remote control!!! And then the picture quality ... Having had 2 GZ2000's i tested the same discs and i cant tell the difference... 👍

Awesome. Glad to hear that mate.

That mouse pointer is awesome isn't it? Now you can scroll videos without having to click 100 times.

Please can you check near black handling?

It is, so long i avoided switching brands, this is so handy to use, I'll be watching more content over the weekend so i'll let you know, tested Seven Blu ray which was a killer on previous Oled and lcd's i owned and that looks superb, also tested the Dark to Light scenes in IT in the sewer's which test Oled's according to acticle's ive read here and that passed no probs

One problem i need advice with, i only have mac's at home, does the Lg tv only reconise the NTFS system for transferring content onto usb harddrive?

Can get the 65 E9 for £2600. Are we expecting any more price drops around the end of the year? I know it’s hard to tell but maybe Someone remembers what the price was for the 65 E8 last year this time to get a rough idea about prices. I guess even if there is a discount, it will be cheaper again after CES 2020 when the 10 series gets announced (just a guess).

Tv's will always drop if you wait long enough but then you have next year's model and so the cycle continues, my take is if you need a tv and like the E9 just go and buy it and start enjoying it now.

Go get it , im loving mine... great Tv

The E9 is a really excellent TV with a superb design, excellent sound and great picture and features. Life's too short to constantly put things off for next year, especially with tech which changes and drops in price constantly. I'd say go and get it, carpe diem....

One problem i need advice with, i only have mac's at home, does the Lg tv only reconise the NTFS system for transferring content onto usb harddrive?
Use FAT32 - runs on Mac and LG TVs. There is the file size limitation though.

All sorted thanks...

Im now onto sitting back and enjoying my viewing experience for what feels like the first time in a long time...
I do like to look at the settings now and then, there's a lot of them to get used to, I have just kept all the picture processing off?

Really put off the C9 now need this bad boy to drop in price come on.

I've returned my 65 C9 last friday due to the vertical banding. It wasn't terrible (didn't bother with slides: just made an intensive content usage during my 14 days return window) but I guess I'm sensitive to this stuff. I have a tough decision now, because going back to LCD is not an option and there is so much hassle with returning such big TV.. Now, I know that trying another C9 is risky, because so much people complain about uniformity, but there's no hard evidence that E9 will be better right? I can get E9 for a bit more than I've paid for C9.

I can get GZ950 which is praised for uniformity, but then I lose HDMI 2.1 (TV will be also used for gaming). This is a really tough call to make.

Any E9 users here who can share their 5% gray slides? Or some feedback from "torture" content? Can't really find any (as opposed to loads of C9 posts..)

I've returned my 65 C9 last friday due to the vertical banding. It wasn't terrible (didn't bother with slides: just made an intensive content usage during my 14 days return window) but I guess I'm sensitive to this stuff. I have a tough decision now, because going back to LCD is not an option and there is so much hassle with returning such big TV.. Now, I know that trying another C9 is risky, because so much people complain about uniformity, but there's no hard evidence that E9 will be better right? I can get E9 for a bit more than I've paid for C9.

I can get GZ950 which is praised for uniformity, but then I lose HDMI 2.1 (TV will be also used for gaming). This is a really tough call to make.

Any E9 users here who can share their 5% gray slides? Or some feedback from "torture" content? Can't really find any (as opposed to loads of C9 posts..)

My E9 is faultless and I'm not joking and I've not read any negative banding or tinting issues on any threads I can find , there is a thread that strongly points to LG cherry picking the panels for the E and above models which holds up well from the evidence online , if your still hesitant go to any retail store and look for yourself but I would have my E9 every time over the 950 .

I would have to agree with Tegs , I have watched a load of different content on Mine since it arrived , tv , Sky , apps and 4k uhd discs and it’s superb , no moans from me and I’m a right misery

Really hoping the 65" drops in price i suppose 2k is out of the question id snap one up for £2,200

Hi
I am really interested in the E9.
I want to use a Vogel Next powered wall mount. The Vogel next 7356

The wall mount uses its power to supply the TV.
To do this I believe it uses an adapter for the TV power. So can you please tell me if the power cord on the e9 is fixed or is the power cable removable.

Also does this TV look as good on the wall as placing it on a cabinet

Thanks

Hi
I am really interested in the E9.
I want to use a Vogel Next powered wall mount. The Vogel next 7356

The wall mount uses its power to supply the TV.
To do this I believe it uses an adapter for the TV power. So can you please tell me if the power cord on the e9 is fixed or is the power cable removable.

Also does this TV look as good on the wall as placing it on a cabinet

Thanks
The E9 as supplied has a captive mains lead. The lead enters a small panel on the opposite side to all the AV connections. I have not looked inside this panel yet - but I will at some point, as I would like to extend the mains cable so that I can route it through my wall mount, it's too short. I've only had the E9 for just under a month - wall mounted it on day one, never even opened the box with the stand in it. Wall mounted with all cables concealed gives a fantastic "floating picture" effect - I had a similar setup with my previous Pioneer Plasma, but the E9 is even better with its non-existent bezel - it's ALL picture.

Good luck with Vogel - it really looks amazing, and well made.
Regards, Mike.

@Tegs200
Hi mate, any chances you can share a 5% slide of your E9?
I'm trying to decide on the E9 or a GZ2000 , uniformity is my number 1 priority.
Never seen a 5% slide on an E9

Hello to all, new (imminent!) 55" E9 owner here.....
I had a Samsung JS9000 which is in the process of being replaced (John Lewis 5yr warranty) after just over 4yrs, due to backlight bleed and so on - I settled on the E9 (with brand new 5yr warranty ;)) as the replacement, at no cost to me - really looking forward to the TV arriving, on Friday

Hello to all, new (imminent!) 55" E9 owner here.....
I had a Samsung JS9000 which is in the process of being replaced (John Lewis 5yr warranty) after just over 4yrs, due to backlight bleed and so on - I settled on the E9 (with brand new 5yr warranty ;)) as the replacement, at no cost to me - really looking forward to the TV arriving, on Friday

It's a cracking tv and you will love it.

Great Review

It's nothing I didn't already know , just a cracking TV.

Few weeks on and i'm loving it ... enjoying revisiting my film collection and watching films again..

One thing i need to check is my gaming , dont do too much , Hdr setting is maxed out , should i turn this down a bit ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom