LG HU85LS CineBeam Laser 4K Review & Comments

Vila

Or watch thsi video on teh Optoma UHZ65.

Ahh yes... "TVS Pro" Ive come across many of their "reviews" before.

Much like your 'guy from Optoma' or your own scepticism of a 'paid' review Ive never really trusted a retailer who sells and heavily pushes Optoma. They also in fact sells their own rebadged 'Theo' Optoma products.

My own scepticism really doubles down with such retailers that insist on calling these products 'True 4k' it either suggests ignorance or a willingness to lie thats not to be trusted.

Always better to trust a review or an option that doesn't have an economic interest in what they're "reviewing."

badunn31

I know you can get a big image from this...but ultimately (and I’ve been wondering about this for so long) how does the image compare to a typical £750 75in LG or Samsung that are in abundance. I am all for the big image (my optoma produces a wonderful 92in HD image that imho is sublime) but it is for dimly lit viewing rooms only. I’ve not seen a 75in in action and I’m think it has better opportunity to at least do some sort of HDR, that a projector can’t even hint at. A bit of topic but I’d welcome opinion (or point me somewhere on the forum where this is / has been discussed.

dave77

What's the fan noise like on this model? I have the Xiaomi UST at the moment and it's too loud for me so thinking of changing when something similar becomes affordable, certainly not at £5K!

growbeyond

Standard Member
What's the fan noise like on this model? I have the Xiaomi UST at the moment and it's too loud for me so thinking of changing when something similar becomes affordable, certainly not at £5K!
I have the Xiaomi UST also. Am thinking of replacing it w the LG HU85. Haven’t had a demo of it yet but have heard online that the LG can suffer from coil whine noise.

connect

Thanks for the review Steve, did LG say if they are adding Apple TV+ and Disney+ to the selection at any point? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be there in the first place if it has webos 4.5.

dave77

I have the Xiaomi UST also. Am thinking of replacing it w the LG HU85. Haven’t had a demo of it yet but have heard online that the LG can suffer from coil whine noise.
Another option here, the Optoma CinemaX P2, almost half the price of the LG too. I've just noticed all these new UST projectors are very heavy though. The Xiaomi is about 7kg whereas the the LG is 12kg, something to take into account if you're wall mounting it.

Last edited:

growbeyond

Standard Member
Am seeing that the HU85LS is on sale via Amazon Prime U.K. at £4,341.74. With Samsung’s announcement of two new UST projectors, maybe LG has a new gen model in the wings and is starting the discount the current one. Just me speculating.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom