LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

A friend of mine liked my B9 and went to RS and bought one.
He doesn't have a PRV or a satellite dish for a free-sat box (like I have).
So wondered what you guys would recommend for him?

Hi all! New B9 owner here!

I am experiencing a Black screen when using Dolby Vision with netflix (and other apps) on my X1X using the low latency mode.

I've done multiple factory resets, the only thing left to do is to opt out from the beta software of my xbox one X. Anyone with a similar issue?

Also, today, I am not able to use any LG service from the TV. It looks like the LG severs are offline. After a factory reset I can't download the legal notice, therefore all my apps are now locked. Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for jumping in but when Gamming for a few Hours and sometimes on normal viewing tv say screen will turn of in x mins??

Joining the B9 club on Friday!

Are there any standard settings to first adjust or image processing features to turn off (I know each panel is different but usually there's a few standard settings to adjust or image processing features that should be turned off).

Thanks all.

I've used the settings from Rtings website, looks really good me.

All Timmers are set to of but it still happens usually after bout 4 to 5 hours?

It shouldn't do, mines been on all day without switching off.

Make sure the settings in eco mode are set to off.

Hi all! New B9 owner here!

I am experiencing a Black screen when using Dolby Vision with netflix (and other apps) on my X1X using the low latency mode.

I've done multiple factory resets, the only thing left to do is to opt out from the beta software of my xbox one X. Anyone with a similar issue?

Also, today, I am not able to use any LG service from the TV. It looks like the LG severs are offline. After a factory reset I can't download the legal notice, therefore all my apps are now locked. Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks a lot!
try to disable ALL and VRR for the xbox issue

A friend of mine liked my B9 and went to RS and bought one.
He doesn't have a PRV or a satellite dish for a free-sat box (like I have).
So wondered what you guys would recommend for him?

did a bit of searching, adnd found this one for him............

So he only needs an aerial ;)

the stand misure 5cm... so there is not too much space for a sound bar

My Denon DHTS316 sit's nicely under mine, with the sub behind the sofa :smashin:

And I don't understand why folk keep trying to suggest it's the feed and not the TV, seems quite personal to some, it's a TV!

I have the exact same feeds that I had when I had my SK9500, last year's top of line LG nanocell display, but I dropped it like an idiot and via insurance I replaced with the B9.

The B9 that I have, not every B9, is not a patch on the quality of the SK9500. It's pretty much the samen processor, just a revised, updated version in the B9.

Content should not be worse which make mes suggest it's the TV via the software which is not quite right.

I don't expect SD to look good and I don't expect HD to match UHD but for £1100 I don't expect shadow details via numerous HD sources to be unwatchable.

In my mind I'd expect every hd content on a premium TV to be great.

So you're saying the LG LED was a better picture than the OLED?

Well after hours of testing the TV over a month now I'm happy with the picture settings. I'm really enjoying watching it now and find that these settings are good across the board. Nice and balanced with deep contrast but have a bit of pop to thm. Ignore the "dark room" preset. It's the best setting according to reviewers.

ISFDark Room preset

Oled light 87
Contrast 88
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Expert controls
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
Colour gamut - Auto (but extended is good too (Don't touch)
Gamma 2.2
White balance - warm 1
All other settings leave
Peak brightness Off

Noise reduction auto
Mpeg auto
Smooth gradation low
Black level low
Motion eye care off
Tru motion off

HDR

Standard setting but just turn off motion... Hey presto 👌👍

Coming from a Panasonic, the guide on this TV is a bit poor, but it's also really slow, doesn't load the info up after a page or so of scrolling until you stop and wait, is this the same for everyone.

Coming from a Panasonic, the guide on this TV is a bit poor, but it's also really slow, doesn't load the info up after a page or so of scrolling until you stop and wait, is this the same for everyone.
Haven't you got sky q? I've no idea why anyone these days uses inbuilt tv guides....unless it's a second tv without a sky box.

Haven't you got sky q? I've no idea why anyone these days uses inbuilt tv guides....unless it's a second tv without a sky box.
We don't have sky, main use is Netflix, but we do watch some normal TV, I won't pay for Sky as it's too much.

We don't have sky, main use is Netflix, but we do watch some normal TV, I won't pay for Sky as it's too much.
Have you done all of the software updates? Decent broadband speed? I've just put it on mine and it was rapid navigating about.
Didn't you get the discounted sky q deal with the TV? My package is about 14 quid now... Great with a TV worth a grand or so

Have you done all of the software updates? Decent broadband speed? I've just put it on mine and it was rapid navigating about.
Didn't you get the discounted sky q deal with the TV? My package is about 14 quid now... Great with a TV worth a grand or so

I could go for the deal yeah, but for what we watch it isn't something we need

It's fully updated and my broadband speed is around 60, should be plenty for a tv guide, my Panasonic FX700 guide was so much quicker and that was also Freeview play.

Hopefully it's just something that'll improve, I rarely use it, but the Mrs love to watch crap and is moaning about it.

I could go for the deal yeah, but for what we watch it isn't something we need

It's fully updated and my broadband speed is around 60, should be plenty for a tv guide, my Panasonic FX700 guide was so much quicker and that was also Freeview play.

Hopefully it's just something that'll improve, I rarely use it, but the Mrs love to watch crap and is moaning about it.
Haha I know that feeling. Other option is hard wiring it to your router. I think that there's a channel update thing on there too which cam be turned on and off. Other option is factory reset which helped on my b7 as updates weren't properly applied until I did that..May work? I'd give it a go maybe

Think my set has had an update, it's now playing a tone when it comes on and goes off! I'm going have a hunt around to find how to shut it up 🧐 😂

Haha I know that feeling. Other option is hard wiring it to your router. I think that there's a channel update thing on there too which cam be turned on and off. Other option is factory reset which helped on my b7 as updates weren't properly applied until I did that..May work? I'd give it a go maybe
I have hard wired it, even though the router is a foot away, not sure I'll reset it yet hearing about the sign in issues, and its only been setup a week, really don't want to have to sign in to all the apps again.

Think my set has had an update, it's now playing a tone when it comes on and goes off! I'm going have a hunt around to find how to shut it up 🧐 😂

Anyone know how to stop this, I can't find anything to shut it up :(

My LG B9 Switches off randomly while playing Nintendo Switch. Also a green line appeared in the middle of the screen.

The TV switches off randomly, usually after a couple of minutes when I play my Nintendo Switch. I turned off Simplink, power sync, quick start+, and the match tv power state from the Switch menu. I don't get this issue when playing my PS4 on the B9. I switched cables, HDMI ports and the problem continues. I had this Nintendo Switch for two years and never had any issues with my old TV Sony LCD 65W855.

Anyone had a similar issue or ideas what I can try?

So far this TV has been total lemon, two weeks into ownership a green line appeared in the middle of the screen after running pixel refresher. I called a service center and I am expecting a panel replacement. I also tried calling the shop where I bought it and they refused to return my money (EU return period is only 14 days). I called the service center about the random shutdowns and I was told the TV could be incompatible with Nintendo Switch. The guy on the phone cited that his laptop doesn't work with his TV so he assumes sometimes devices can be incompatible.

Here is a youtube video of the line:

I am less than a month into ownership and I wish I could get my money back. Customer satisfaction is 0% for me.

Out of interest I looked on the B8 forum and noticed a post (dated 27th Nov 19) that intrigued me about turning the set off to allow for pixel recycling o_O

Does this apply to the B9's?
Yes do not turn off leave on standby

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom