LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I wouldn’t turn any modern TV directly off at the plug, even my dx902 lcd/led leaves the cooler fans running before it shuts down completely. Not sure it’s true for all but I’d rather let a tv do what it does at shutdown than just pull the plug. It may cost an extra £1 or something (I don’t care if it’s £1 or £100) per year I standby but I’d rather that and my tv last for 10 years than save a few pounds and it dies after 2-3 years with screen burn of from heat damage..

It has that firmware on it, and it is making tunes on start up and shut down, but thanks anyway :)
Same firmware on mine and also no tune, can't see anything in a menu about startup tune so very odd.

It has that firmware on it, and it is making tunes on start up and shut down, but thanks anyway :)
so strange... can't see anything in the settings about..
are you sure the tune comes from the internal speaker? Maybe the sound bar or everything else?

so strange... can't see anything in the settings about..
are you sure the tune comes from the internal speaker? Maybe the sound bar or everything else?

No it's not from the soundbar as I already tried that, it does come through the soundbar as well, I was having trouble the other day it would not do anything, no Netflix no Amazon Prime Video no YouTube, so I turned it off at the plug and left it off for a minute, then restarted it and ever since that these tones come from it on turning on and off, very odd, especially not finding any setting for it anywhere!

Last edited:
No it's not from the soundbar as I already tried that, it does come through the soundbar as well, I was having trouble the other day it would not do anything, no Netflix no Amazon Prime Video no YouTube, so I turned it off at the plug and left it off for a minute, then restarted it and ever since that these tones come from it on turning on and off, very odd, especially not finding any setting for it anywhere!
nothing in the manual about? can't be an error sound?

Just wondering............
When will 4K material be readily available on BBC and any other channels?

Just wondering............
When will 4K material be readily available on BBC and any other channels?

I wouldn't hold your breath, put it that way :thumbsdow, the odd bit is on Iplayer, Netflix, Prime and Youtube is probably it for years yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath, put it that way :thumbsdow, the odd bit is on Iplayer, Netflix, Prime and Youtube is probably it for years yet.
Yeah they're certainly dragging their heels aren't they

reference 4k and BBC, there's the odd bit of sport and David Attenborough on Iplayer, but anything drama related, especially with SFX, is unlikely unless it's a major collaboration with another broadcaster, due to the costs involved.

reference 4k and BBC, there's the odd bit of sport and David Attenborough on Iplayer, but anything drama related, especially with SFX, is unlikely unless it's a major collaboration with another broadcaster, due to the costs involved.

I'll have to check it out Thanks.
I Man love David Attenborough, It'll be a truly sad day when he leaves us.😩

Anyone know how to enter the service menu?

I have a Harmony remote and it's programmed onto that, Service Menu and In-Start, both can do most things.

Why, what are you trying to do?

I have a Harmony remote and it's programmed onto that, Service Menu and In-Start, both can do most things.

Why, what are you trying to do?
I'm just curious to see what settings do we have, and what i can modify ;)

sorry for my english...
i mean if you have made some changes to the settings in the service menu

Yes I have turned off DIMMING, as it was affecting the PQ, was making it look dull, now it isn't.

I have a FTTC 200/21, i'm connected with 131/21, my B9 is connected on wifi 5Ghz, but if i do a speedt test with netflix it say my download speed is 70mb/s.
With other device like smartphone, tablet, PC, i can reach the maximum downoad speed (130), but whit the Tv can't downoad more than 70....
If i do a speedtest with the lg browser, these are the results....
Even yours Tv has this problem?

Attachments

• 20200107_122514.jpg
    20200107_122514.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Inked20200107_122627_LI.jpg
    Inked20200107_122627_LI.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Do you have an issue watching Netflix other than the bandwidth test? ie is a theoretical or real issue? I don’t think 4k hdr needs 70mb, more like 25mb I think? It maybe that your tablets and phone have advanced 5g features but your tv doesn’t. Not all devices with 5g achieve the same speed, I think there’s a base and then more if the both sending and receiving devices support it. There’s also environmental stuff, walls and aerial design and where things are sited and what’s it say next to or what else is in the devices (tv) case where the aerial is.

The problem isn't Netflix, i know my bandwith is more than sufficient, i just want to know if this is a problem of my Tv, or all the B9 has this wifi performance.
Here a speed test with a PC, placed side the Tv and connecte to the same wifi
The router is near the Tv, no signal problem

Attachments

• SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 100
It’s not a problem, don’t worry about it and enjoy.. 👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom