73586E94-63EE-421B-93E9-8B51200CC2CA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,594
  • 2FAF5997-D767-4E5E-9EB5-E990F75D9CA5.jpeg
    2FAF5997-D767-4E5E-9EB5-E990F75D9CA5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,568
  • BE80E274-013E-482A-B35C-76CF2AF18E4D.jpeg
    BE80E274-013E-482A-B35C-76CF2AF18E4D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,554
@ Gorgon thanks for the pics, the C8 looks really good in the room on your rack. Happy viewing. Out of interest will you get it professionally calibrated at some point?

Maybe he doesn't want to post it. If he's happy with the picture let him enjoy it. It's better for people to post 5% pics who actually want too rather than happy owners looking for issues.

I don't get the obsession with slides - just watch a program/movie. If ou can see defects return the TV, if not just enjoy it.

A few pics

Looking great, thanks for sharing.
I am not interested by slides, more by your hands on feedback on:
1. What you like
2. Difference versus previous sets
3. Sound is good?
4. Quality of build ?
5. Pics looks amazing, do you like the motion and colour tone ?
6. Anything that annoyed you so far?
7. Os is nice to use ? Believe your precious tv was LG ?

Thanks in advance, no obligation and congrats !!!

Am I reading the spec correctly ? No satellite tuner this year !

Am I reading the spec correctly ? No satellite tuner this year !
Different countries might have a slightly different spec. Which country do you live in?

In the UK the spec is as follows: -

C8.PNG

Maybe he doesn't want to post it. If he's happy with the picture let him enjoy it. It's better for people to post 5% pics who actually want too rather than happy owners looking for issues.

Nobody is forcing him to, it's a very common request and very common for people to post 5% up if they want to examine their panel, if they don't want to then that's fine.

Looking great, thanks for sharing.
I am not interested by slides, more by your hands on feedback on:
1. What you like
2. Difference versus previous sets
3. Sound is good?
4. Quality of build ?
5. Pics looks amazing, do you like the motion and colour tone ?
6. Anything that annoyed you so far?
7. Os is nice to use ? Believe your precious tv was LG ?

Thanks in advance, no obligation and congrats !!![/
1. Liking the picture a lot . Seems to handle all sources really well.
2.uniformity looks great, to me.
3.sound is a big step up,set on Dolby Atmos seems punchy, more bass.
4. Build quality is very good, looks well designed, pleasing on the eye !
5.touchwood the motion seems seamless not noticed any judder, which used to really bug me on my old set. I’ve not tweaked the settings at all, have picture set on standard.
6. Nothing annoyed me so far (early days I know)
7. OS loads very quickly, unlike my old set.
It’s been three years since I bought my first LG Oled. This new set with the new tech seems like a good upgrade.

My only question is with gaming + HDR. B7/C7 etc always regarded as suffering in game mode with HDR and having a dimmer picture. If the C8 has a stronger display with HDR gaming I'll bite. The colour and black levels look very good and the price is reasonable. My only other option is the forthcoming Samsung Q9FN but OLED interests me more (and may actually be a tad cheaper right now thanks to the offer LG has). So if HDR gaming is improved on the B7/C7 I'm in.

My only question is with gaming + HDR. B7/C7 etc always regarded as suffering in game mode with HDR and having a dimmer picture. If the C8 has a stronger display with HDR gaming I'll bite. The colour and black levels look very good and the price is reasonable. My only other option is the forthcoming Samsung Q9FN but OLED interests me more (and may actually be a tad cheaper right now thanks to the offer LG has). So if HDR gaming is improved on the B7/C7 I'm in.

It's said to be improved by a couple of the pro calibrators and owners at AVS.

It's said to be improved by a couple of the pro calibrators and owners at AVS.
Yes that's what I've read too last night on AVS. Also HDTVTest's Vincent Teoh on YouTube mentioned improved game mode because of Dynamic Tone Mapping. In fact after looking at several sources I decided to order a 55"C8 from John Lewis and I should be getting it Wednesday.

I think the Q9FN is a very serious proposition.

I have seen the C8 at JL last weekend. Next to it was the B7. - Both looked good. Brightness seemed the same but the one noticeable difference was less colour banding on the new C8.

5.touchwood the motion seems seamless not noticed any judder, which used to really bug me on my old set. I’ve not tweaked the settings at all, have picture set on standard.
It’s been three years since I bought my first LG Oled. This new set with the new tech seems like a good upgrade.

I am very pleased for you and this set must be a major step up from you previous oled
Everything is refined and improved
Thank you sir for taking the time, appreciated

I think the Q9FN is a very serious proposition.

I have seen the C8 at JL last weekend. Next to it was the B7. - Both looked good. Brightness seemed the same but the one noticeable difference was less colour banding on the new C8.
The Q9FN did look enticing but I think I'm ready for an OLED. Worst case scenario is I hate the C8 and sell it at a loss. Don't think that'll happen though, especially as I'm coming from a KS7500. The difference I expect, will be significant.

I've just been into my local Hughes to see the 55 C8. I have to say it actually looks even better in the flesh, I really like the styling and build quality. The store were running an LG demo in vivid mode I think but the PQ still looked impressive, very clean and dynamic as you would expect from a 4k demo. I got a chance to listen to the sound and with agree with others, it's quite punchy with decent clarity for an inbuilt speaker system but Cleary no match for a dedicated sound solution. Next to the A1E It looked brighter than the Sony. Motion looked very smooth and areas of sky were free of any gradation. I'm now leaning further towards the C8 over the Sony but am holding out for some price reductions.

I too went to John Lewis at the weekend to see the C8 in the flesh. They had a 55"C8, looked much better in real life than the pics. The grey/black finish along with the curved stand looked really sleek and futuristic. I like it a lot.. It certainly wont look outdated in a few years time, it looks like its from the future lol

I couldn't comment on sound or pic quality from playing with it for a few mins, as the shop was packed and the TV was sitting amongst so many other TV's which were all playing a 4k loop in vivid mode.

Where did you get this information. C7 HDR game mode with dynamic contrast on medium gives almost same image as the HDR cinema mode.

Where did you get this information. C7 HDR game mode with dynamic contrast on medium gives almost same image as the HDR cinema mode.
Well, uncertain what people are making comparisons with exactly but it's been well documented that in game mode the picture seems dimmer. It's mentioned here in this HDTVTest as well as numerous reports on other gaming forums I've visited. Now, like I said, I'm uncertain what the comparison is against but it seems to be a major complaint game players have had. Not owning a B7 I can only go on their opinions.

I recently got C8 as my first OLED, and I don't understand why I cant get movies to play smooth as they were on my old LED LCD TVs. Is that normal for OLED or? I must emphasize that I am begginer in all this, more detailed post is here:

LG B6 55" stutter (micro stutter?) scene change

p.s. It really looks even better in the flesh.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8260.JPG
    IMG_8260.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 601
I recently got C8 as my first OLED, and I don't understand why I cant get movies to play smooth as they were on my old LED LCD TVs. Is that normal for OLED or? I must emphasize that I am begginer in all this, more detailed post is here:

LG B6 55" stutter (micro stutter?) scene change

p.s. It really looks even better in the flesh.

Thanks!

Judder is more noticeable on oleds due to their fast response time. You can either try to get used to it or use Trumotion to smooth it out - but this can cause soap opera effect and artifacts (I have an LG B6 and use Dejudder at 4). LG's 2018 Oled TV's have Black Frame Insertion (Motion Pro under Trumotion controls) which is great for improving motion but reduces brightness a bit and some people notice flicker.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom