LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I'd have said fast forward and rewind is a basic operation! Surely there must be a way/workaround...
Pressing guide on the magic remote gets you the TV guide, not Sky.

Assuming the MR is set up to control the Sky box and you're on the Sky input, press the button with 3 dots just above the channel up button. A list of options will appear on the right side of the screen for controlling Sky. Menu takes you to the Sky home screen; DVR takes you straight to your Sky recordings; etc. Those options also include play/pause; FF/RW; stop.
Apologies if you already knew some or all of this. The latest MR on the C9 gives you almost total control of Sky Q - search and voice control are pretty much the only things missing.

When watching a program on iplayer ,push ok on the T.V remote, then up once which takes you on to the play bar then left or right will rewind or fast forward it, You can't use the pointer to select a point on the play bar but by tapping right for example 3 times you can fast forward pretty quickly, I tried this method through the T.V iplayer app and through my virgin box and it works the same way.
It would have helped if I spent more than 5 seconds trying and actually engaged my brain! Thanks. I just got used to having dedicated buttons on my previous Panny OLED remote.

That said, the remote and OS are otherwise great - big improvement on the Firefox on the Panasonic

Got to try out my new LG last night and it looks "fuc*ing amazing". Got three calibrated modes to use, SD, HDR and Dolby Vision. Watched TopGun blu-ray and A star is born in Dolby Vision and I never seen anything look as good as it did. Super happy with this set so far... Now on to sports today to see how it looks, Icehockey and MotoGP. :)

When watching a program on iplayer ,push ok on the T.V remote, then up once which takes you on to the play bar then left or right will rewind or fast forward it, You can't use the pointer to select a point on the play bar but by tapping right for example 3 times you can fast forward pretty quickly, I tried this method through the T.V iplayer app and through my virgin box and it works the same way.
Thanks for this...I only got my LG tv last week, so I’m still learning things about it:blush:

LG OLED price cuts usually occur on the 1st or 2nd week of November. Black Friday is normally a damp squib unless you’re after a Polaroid TV

I sit 7 feet away and I am thinking of getting the C9 65 inch oled. I understand that this distance is ok for 4k and high definition content. However, will it be too close for standard definition content. A sales person in local shop advised that 55 inch would be ideal for 7 feet distance. How far are you who recently got a C9 sitting from the TV and how does standard definition look ?

are there any 77 C9 owners in here? looking to buy one in around a months time when the prices drop early for black friday
I have a 77C9. Fantastic set. I upgraded from a 65B7. I was worried about screen uniformity going to 77" but the 77C9 has better uniformity than the 65B7. You won't regret your purchase.

Can someone explain true cinema to me? It’s an option that always seems to be greyed out but sometimes it’s on others it’s off but still greyed out, can you have the ability to set it yourself ever?

also, what is it exactly?:suicide:

FYI Some people at AVS got GSync working by installing Nvidia Beta Driver 440.52. Apparently it enables VRR over HDMI. I am going to try it tonight.

FYI Some people at AVS got GSync working by installing Nvidia Beta Driver 440.52. Apparently it enables VRR over HDMI. I am going to try it tonight.

Apparently it enables ALLM too, there will probably still be an official firmware update too though, the driver exposes some resolutions/refresh rates which don't work.

The TV's VRR range is 40-120fps so keeping with that should deliver the optimal results, limiting the frame rate if game has the feature or via RTSS along with vsync.

Apparently it enables ALLM too, there will probably still be an official firmware update too though, the driver exposes some resolutions/refresh rates which don't work.

The TV's VRR range is 40-120fps so keeping with that should deliver the optimal results, limiting the frame rate if game has the feature or via RTSS along with vsync.

I was also to create a custom 4K res at 65hz. This is great so you can lock frame rates to 60hz and not go out of gsync

Yes, that driver works almost flawless on my set in the 40-60 fps range on 4k. Insane difference compared to g sync off. The new LG firmware, however, does nothing it seems. Gaming on a European set with a 2080 ti.

Hi all, couple of quick questions.

I’ve set up the sky Q box and it’s assigned to HDMI 1, however a couple of times the tv has stopped showing and it goes to a black screen instead, on one of these times it’s renamed the input by itself to “Humax”. Any ideas anyone?

Also, I’ve got a rubbish internet connection that varies between 10-20mb, obviously Netflix requires about 15 to stream in 4K. As I’m new to this, sometimes I’m not sure if something is playing in 4K or not. Is there anyway to check what resolution I’m actually watching in? Thanks.

I’ve got the magic remote to do a few buttons for the Sky Q box....have you deleted the Sky box in the connections area then reset it to to your magic remote?
EDIT: then you can use the Guide button on the magic remote to bring up the sky guide

I’ve got the remote set up so that pressing channel up and down works on Sky, but nothing else will. The guide button just brings up the free view guide. Hmmm.

I’ve got the remote set up so that pressing channel up and down works on Sky, but nothing else will. The guide button just brings up the free view guide. Hmmm.
see my post above - 1351. do you have Sky HD or Q? What I said above applies to Q, can't say for HD.

I downloaded the drivers, firmware. My C9 is connected to the HDMI output of my 2080Ti. No Gsync option. What am I doing wrong??
EDIT: nvm, I was being lazy. Cleaning up with DDU did the trick!

Last edited:
Does anyone use the built in NowTV app? If so is live sport always juddery or is it just me?

thanks

I sit 7 feet away and I am thinking of getting the C9 65 inch oled. I understand that this distance is ok for 4k and high definition content. However, will it be too close for standard definition content. A sales person in local shop advised that 55 inch would be ideal for 7 feet distance. How far are you who recently got a C9 sitting from the TV and how does standard definition look ?

I have my 65C9 about 7 feet away and to be honest SDR is noticeably poor coming from my 55inch Sony x850d which upscaled much better. I don't mind though as I don't watch too much SDR content.

Installed 4.70.05 yesterday and all good for me. There is a change log knocking around somewhere

Firmware 04.70.05
Change Log.

1. Improvement
1) 19Y B&O TV(V300) SW development
2) TV Voice assistant using mobile LG TV plus App
3) Adding Voice assistant feature in Netflix
4) Enhancement to Amazon Alexa service
5) Enhancement to Home Dashboard

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom