LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Yeah the app is utter crap. I've been messaging Amazon for the past 3 weeks about it. I suggest you do the same.

Today the app won't even play anything (see pic)
Mine’s been doing that for a few days too. If you hard close the app and reopen it will be fine again for a while. Push home on your remote, move the cursor over recents, then move it up over the prime app when it appears and click the x above it.

Just recieved my C9, upgrade from 3yr old B6 that had banding issues. So far enjoying the panel, put on seven worlds in uhd iplayer and playing around with the settings.

This may be a long shot but is there any way to reprogram the movies button on the supplied controller?

Version 04.70.05 thanks
That is not the latest and once updated it will ask to update again. Go ahead - no issues when I did so ;-)

Hi, hopefully someone can help with this quick question.
Can you pass Dolby Atmos from an external storage drive connected to one of the USB ports on the TV?
I assumed eArc would let me do this (Denon X4500 amp) but I get a little pop up saying audio format not supported and it just sends Dolby digital

thanks,

Screen at 5% grey scale.

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_001254.jpg
    IMG_20200126_001254.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 130
Mine’s been doing that for a few days too. If you hard close the app and reopen it will be fine again for a while. Push home on your remote, move the cursor over recents, then move it up over the prime app when it appears and click the x above it.
Thanks. Is there a difference between hard closing and deleting the app. All I seem to be able to do is delete? For now I’ve deleted and reinstalled.

Thanks. Is there a difference between hard closing and deleting the app. All I seem to be able to do is delete? For now I’ve deleted and reinstalled.
Hard closing will keep your login and settings but completely stop the app from running so it has to do a full start up when you open it again.
The instructions I gave will allow you to hard close. Make sure you‘re not clicking on anything besides the x at the end...just move your cursor over the items and wait a second.

Hard closing will keep your login and settings but completely stop the app from running so it has to do a full start up when you open it again.
The instructions I gave will allow you to hard close. Make sure you‘re not clicking on anything besides the x at the end...just move your cursor over the items and wait a second.
Ah, so is the difference hovering (without holding enter) over the tile, versus holding down enter, until the little ‘x’ appears above It?

A friend of mine recently purchased a 65” LG C9 and would now like to wall mount it.

Requirements:

Double arm, swivel and pull forward so he can access the back easily.

Must be very secure to prevent falling off the wall with young children in the house.

Here is one that he’s considering:

Would be interested to hear from other owners of a 65” C9 who have wall mounted theirs.

Thanks.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
You might be able to with HDMI eARC if you can find a suitable device to connect it to*, but if you’re using optical then DD/DTS is the best you’re going to get. HDMI ARC will also do DD+.

*Not sure if anyone’s been able to do that and confirm that the Plex app can do it.
Thanks - that confirms what I thought. I was hoping to simplify my system and remove my Shield, but looks like I'll have to stick with it.

Does anyone know if the Plex App works as well for direct play as the Photos and Videos app? I can stream 4K HDR Remuxes with SRT subs with zero issues from my dlna share but I've read the Plex App in WebOS tries to transcode almost everything which would impose an issue... My only interest in using Plex is to have a well presented library plus all the other plugins that can be used in the Plex server.

A friend of mine recently purchased a 65” LG C9 and would now like to wall mount it.

Requirements:

Double arm, swivel and pull forward so he can access the back easily.

Must be very secure to prevent falling off the wall with young children in the house.

Here is one that he’s considering:

Would be interested to hear from other owners of a 65” C9 who have wall mounted theirs.

Thanks.
That should be fine, its using 80mm bolts to attach to the wall.

I'm using a repurposed single arm for my 55" and the one you ave listed is a way more heavy-duty.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom