LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Found some more info in Settings>General>AI Service>Voice Recognition Help and Settings.

Seem to remember that screen now from in the initial setup somewhere.

The mics must be really bad as unless I turn tv volume right down (from about 10ft away, it barely hears me.

Just had a try, it seems to be enabled by default indeed. Hey LG brings it up SOMEtimes, mainly not. If I press and hold the voice button it activates it but the recognition is atrocious!

OK, well thats pretty rough. I tried it A LOT this afternoon and not once did it do anything without me pressing the button on the remote. I have also seen an unboxing video where the presenter trained it to recognise his voice by saying Hi LG over and over but he doesnt show how he got to that screen. I'll see if I can find the video and post the question there too.

Really appreciate you trying it out for me, thanks :)

OK, well thats pretty rough. I tried it A LOT this afternoon and not once did it do anything without me pressing the button on the remote. I have also seen an unboxing video where the presenter trained it to recognise his voice by saying Hi LG over and over but he doesnt show how he got to that screen. I'll see if I can find the video and post the question there too.

Really appreciate you trying it out for me, thanks :)

I think it's this one....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qIk8cxlFA&t=1029s

I think it's this one....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qIk8cxlFA&t=1029s

Thats the one. Turns out the cog symbol in the top right corner is a button too. What I get for using the pointer and not the d-pad I guess. It is enabled now and recognises my voice, sometimes. Still wont turn on, but I can turn it off so its a start :)

Thanks for all the help guys. Super appreciated.

I love the TV. The picture is amazing. My first OLED it's everything I hoped it would be. Paired with a Sonos Beam and I am in gaming/movie watching heaven.

So for anyone interested. I've been using this TV as a PC monitor and can confirm that 4K 120hz is possible using HDMI 2.0b. Colour sampling is limited to 4:2:0 8bit but it really does refresh at 120hz.

Thats the one. Turns out the cog symbol in the top right corner is a button too. What I get for using the pointer and not the d-pad I guess. It is enabled now and recognises my voice, sometimes. Still wont turn on, but I can turn it off so its a start :)

Thanks for all the help guys. Super appreciated.

I love the TV. The picture is amazing. My first OLED it's everything I hoped it would be. Paired with a Sonos Beam and I am in gaming/movie watching heaven.

I love the bit when he carries the TV on his own and precariously balances it on those small mounts! :laugh:

Has anyone come from an E9 to this set? Unlikely I guess?

I’m deciding if I should keep an E9 (warranty replacement) and return the GX. Or sell the E9 and keep the GX.

Returning GX gets me £3500 back, keeping it and selling E9 gets me about 2k I guess?

Looks like not that much difference between the two? One thing in favour of the E9 is that extra height because of the speaker/glass would fit better in the recess. Recess was built around an E6 and the E9 is very similar size...GX is noticeable smaller!

Has anyone come from an E9 to this set? Unlikely I guess?

I’m deciding if I should keep an E9 (warranty replacement) and return the GX. Or sell the E9 and keep the GX.

Returning GX gets me £3500 back, keeping it and selling E9 gets me about 2k I guess?

Looks like not that much difference between the two? One thing in favour of the E9 is that extra height because of the speaker/glass would fit better in the recess. Recess was built around an E6 and the E9 is very similar size...GX is noticeable smaller!

Would you be allowed to return the GX at this point ?

I can't do it. I love the GX, keeping it! Listed the E9 for sale.

Just received OTA update 03.00.60

Not sure whats new yet, will have a look and see how it goes.

Look forward to info maybe enable freesync

Most likely the same as the Korean firmware I guess?
  • Improved power-off when connecting to a specific set-top
  • Improved noise when transferring video from the iPhone to the TV with the Airplay app
  • Improved volume reduction when setting the set-top box volume low (1 ~ 2)
  • Improved screen saver execution error
Could be different I guess, as slightly different hardware probably?

Just received OTA update 03.00.60

Not sure whats new yet, will have a look and see how it goes.

Yes got it earlier as well on CX.

03.00.60 - South Korea - April 2020
  • includes 03.00.35 & 03.00.45
  • Improved power-off when connecting to a specific set-top
  • Improved noise when transferring video from the iPhone to the TV with the Airplay app
  • Improved volume reduction when setting the set-top box volume low (1 ~ 2)
  • Improved screen saver execution error
*snap;)

Hi,

I wanted to give me fast review. I purchased the this TV 2 days ago from BestBuy, with the 5 year warranty and they installed it today.

I am running an XBOX One X and a Pioneer Elite SC-LX904, with 4 full sized DT 9080 Towers with Atmos on Top, and DT 9080 Full (Large) Center, 2 Klipsch Reference Subs and 2 Klipsch Wide speakers (I meant to buy 6 DT 9080s.. but messed up so I am using the 2 Klipsch temp.

I stopped using the XBOX One X to stream stuff totally. The wife is so happy to be able to easily use one remote for everything. It also makes it easier on the receiver itself.

We LOVE this thing. Love the Apps, Love the picture, love the eArc feature with my eArc Receiver. Just plain cannot say enough positive things. We have allot of windows, so its bright during the day (Florida) and this TV rocks. We are now in a completely dark room watching movies (love it).

Frozen... sounds amazing. End Days Amazing. Upscaling on some of my content was great. The HDR Picture feature is nice, but again we are still trying to figure out a few things.

What I also love is even when only getting MC PCM 2.0, telling my receiver to do Extended Surrounded and all the speakers kicking stereo through-out my house.

We are still learning to play with the special features for the Picture, AI etc.

So yes we love it, what's the meh...
1. Whew the 2 guys who installed it only installed 1 other before.. Well 1 of the guys had, the other never.. So they were freaked about dropping it lol but they didn't.

2. The remote doesn't have an Info button on it. .YES that is a big deal when your trying to debug an issue with your audio and you cannot tell what the TV is getting. It only works if you use the LG App and then only on the Netflix App...

That being said, to us those are minor

Oh just a couple things.
1. We have our hard wired to the router (works great)
2. Personally we love the magic remote, but sometimes the pointer goes away for no reason
3. It is a bit hard to get cables plugged in after its hung, lol no one wants to touch it
4. Use a high end cable, even though it only supports 40gs atm, its still amazing
5. The Apps are wonderful. We have used Hulu/Netflix/Disney+/Prime Video so far and again, love it. So much nicer than having to use my XBOX One X for all of it, which was a big change for me
6. Sometimes you use the pointer and enter/click, other times you have to use the Circle Click, Enter/click. It just depends on the app but just fyi
7. Love the screen saver / frame / wallpaper features
8. Make sure to set the eArc and HDMI for Arc (sound out) if you are using Arc or eArc enabled receiver

One other thing we did. Since the Pioneer has 3 programmable pre-sets with everything we have
1) for Atmos enables stuff (which also works for 5.1/7.1
2) one for extended stereo/other for PCM 2.0 or other weak signals and
3) one for music

This just makes it all super nice

Yes... this TV is better than the C and last years... I spent allot of time researching and watching them lol. Then finally was able to have some appointments at BestBuy where they were side by side and compare streaming etc.

I actually had a chance to buy it cheaper through LG with my discount, but I bought it through BestBuy because a) LG was out and b) I wanted the BestBuy warranty with Burn in covered

Thanks all!! and Enjoy your TVs!!

Hi,

I wanted to give me fast review. I purchased the this TV 2 days ago from BestBuy, with the 5 year warranty and they installed it today.

I am running an XBOX One X and a Pioneer Elite SC-LX904, with 4 full sized DT 9080 Towers with Atmos on Top, and DT 9080 Full (Large) Center, 2 Klipsch Reference Subs and 2 Klipsch Wide speakers (I meant to buy 6 DT 9080s.. but messed up so I am using the 2 Klipsch temp.

I stopped using the XBOX One X to stream stuff totally. The wife is so happy to be able to easily use one remote for everything. It also makes it easier on the receiver itself.

We LOVE this thing. Love the Apps, Love the picture, love the eArc feature with my eArc Receiver. Just plain cannot say enough positive things. We have allot of windows, so its bright during the day (Florida) and this TV rocks. We are now in a completely dark room watching movies (love it).

Frozen... sounds amazing. End Days Amazing. Upscaling on some of my content was great. The HDR Picture feature is nice, but again we are still trying to figure out a few things.

What I also love is even when only getting MC PCM 2.0, telling my receiver to do Extended Surrounded and all the speakers kicking stereo through-out my house.

We are still learning to play with the special features for the Picture, AI etc.

So yes we love it, what's the meh...
1. Whew the 2 guys who installed it only installed 1 other before.. Well 1 of the guys had, the other never.. So they were freaked about dropping it lol but they didn't.

2. The remote doesn't have an Info button on it. .YES that is a big deal when your trying to debug an issue with your audio and you cannot tell what the TV is getting. It only works if you use the LG App and then only on the Netflix App...

That being said, to us those are minor

Oh just a couple things.
1. We have our hard wired to the router (works great)
2. Personally we love the magic remote, but sometimes the pointer goes away for no reason
3. It is a bit hard to get cables plugged in after its hung, lol no one wants to touch it
4. Use a high end cable, even though it only supports 40gs atm, its still amazing
5. The Apps are wonderful. We have used Hulu/Netflix/Disney+/Prime Video so far and again, love it. So much nicer than having to use my XBOX One X for all of it, which was a big change for me
6. Sometimes you use the pointer and enter/click, other times you have to use the Circle Click, Enter/click. It just depends on the app but just fyi
7. Love the screen saver / frame / wallpaper features
8. Make sure to set the eArc and HDMI for Arc (sound out) if you are using Arc or eArc enabled receiver

One other thing we did. Since the Pioneer has 3 programmable pre-sets with everything we have
1) for Atmos enables stuff (which also works for 5.1/7.1
2) one for extended stereo/other for PCM 2.0 or other weak signals and
3) one for music

This just makes it all super nice

Yes... this TV is better than the C and last years... I spent allot of time researching and watching them lol. Then finally was able to have some appointments at BestBuy where they were side by side and compare streaming etc.

I actually had a chance to buy it cheaper through LG with my discount, but I bought it through BestBuy because a) LG was out and b) I wanted the BestBuy warranty with Burn in covered

I do share your pain on the info button, however just press the 3 dots and then info is in there, slightly longer but it is there still.

For the built-in apps, I must admit I still prefer the external device, not sure if it is placebo effect only, but I seem to get a better picture on my AppleTV 4K and Nvidia Shield Pro.

Either way, this tv is amazing, glad you are enjoying it!

I do share your pain on the info button, however just press the 3 dots and then info is in there, slightly longer but it is there still.

For the built-in apps, I must admit I still prefer the external device, not sure if it is placebo effect only, but I seem to get a better picture on my AppleTV 4K and Nvidia Shield Pro.

Either way, this tv is amazing, glad you are enjoying it!

Does the CX have the feature where you point the red icon at the top left of the screen, then click to bring up the external source info? E.g "16:9 2160p Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos".

Does the CX have the feature where you point the red icon at the top left of the screen, then click to bring up the external source info? E.g "16:9 2160p Dolby Vision Dolby Atmos".

Yes, although oddly the banner was in the bottom left for me at default, but you can change it back.

Yeah bottom left for me also, well on the GX but assume CX will be identical!

Never realised I could do this, nice one!

You can also move this banner to top left if you wish by pressing the edit button, think it was the blue button for me. Seems odd having it in bottom left.

So what I noticed is there is a difference between built in Apps and streaming from the TV itself and from having something attached.

When I was trying to get info from the actual Apps themselves on the TV, using the ... + Information ONLY worked for Netflix. We were trying it in Disney/Prime/Hulu and it did nothing. This morning after reading someone say the ... should do it I tried it and just happened to be in Netflix and it did work.

To Note however, this produced not a banner, but an overlay of details, which appeared to come directly from Netflix in the top left corner. Otherwise we saw nothing, so unfortunately trying to validate and debug issues on other Apps, at least for us, doesn't do squat.

Now I turned on the Xbox One X and when I used the ... + Information, it did bring up the Banner. Which btw, is another reason we were confused that it didn't appear to work on the TV Apps. We remembered when setting up the Xbox to control the TV, the last thing IT did was try the Info command and brought up that banner menu and we were like YAY us (not).

So as long as I am looking at an attached device, and not through eArc + TV Apps, it does in fact show me something :)

So thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, as for whether the apps look better on the TV versus Xbox One X for instance... Uggg... Yeah maybe the Xbox looks better, but at the moment I am having a complete meltdown on my Speaker/Receiver/Xbox/Tv "Why doesn't everything produce sound correctly" issue.... lol ever see a grown man cry. I swear to you im about too...

Thanks!!!

I only found out about it a few weeks ago from someone on here. It's also quite useful for bringing up the time (top right or maybe bottom right for you) if I haven't got my phone nearby!

Hi,

Alright then, now we obviously HAVE to see the TV on the wall from all angles with some pictures! Congrats on the purchase, sounds great. I am still a bit on the fence comparing the CX to the GX (currently owning a C8): I wonder how much better the GX really looks on the wall compared to the CX as I tend to be surprised from Youtube and marketing videos that the GX really isn't a W8 / W9 / WX wallpaper thin - type of TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom