LG Oled PSU hiss

The relay just clicks as it shuts down and not just when it does a compensation cycle, it's just normal, why the panic?

No panic, just new owners getting upto speed on the quirks of these models. The PSU hiss is the issue but just seems to affect a small amount of sets. I personally want mine to be spot on for the price tag. 👍

With my 77C8 I had one that I could hear but I managed to pretty much get rid of it by blocking the sound at the back of the TV and now I never notice it.
Any tips? What did you do? Before I start the cumbersome process of returning mine.. ;-(

I wonder is the overheating psu issues of certain models causing this.. LG c8 and c9 77 is on the list..

It's a voluntary replacement in South Korea.. so I guess up to LG Europe if they want to do the same here (that will be a no then)..
That's if it is the same PSU units but I can't see why it wouldn't be as they are all 110-240v 50-60hz compatible for world wide use.

"The overheating issue occurred only in very few models out of the total that used the component, but we will provide free component swaps for all of them for customer safety," LG said, apologising to customers for the inconvenience.

The affected models are: The 2016 models of OLED65E6, OLED65G6, and OLED77G6; the 2017 models of OLED65B7, OLED65C7, OLED65E7, OLED65G7, OLED65W7, OLED77G7, and OLED77W7; for 2018 models, they are OLED65G8, OLED65W8, OLED77C8, and OLED77W8; and the affected 2019 models are OLED65W9, OLED77B9, OLED77C9, and OLED77W9.

lg-to-recall-some-oled-tvs-due-to-overheating-issue

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom