LG oled55b9pla Game mode settings

Mickles86

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've had my OLED tv for about a month now and I'm blown away with the picture quality on pretty much everything. I just hooked my Xbox one up and chose game mode picture setting but the picture just looks very dull regardless of what setting I alter in this mode. I can have a better picture on my vivid user settings but there is a noticeable difference in input lag compared to game mode.

Also, there are fewer options to choose from in game mode settings, I.e AI Picture and colour temperature aren't listed. Has anyone else had this problem or settled on settings that keeps the picture more bright and similar to a regular 4k picture?

Thanks.

You should still be able to change settings in game mode...they are just listed slightly differently.
My c8 is set up like this
Aspect to original, just scan to on
Oled light 80
Contrast 85
Brightness 53
Sharpness 10
Colour 48
Colour temp w25

All processing features off

Gamma on mine is set to low. Normally it’s set to medium but the
xbox does have a dark image so I have found this works well.

You could try Isf bright room settings if you don’t like my settings.
If you change the input name to pc it will help reduce lag when’s using isf bright.

OLED Light 80 is pretty bright considering HUDS bring an increased risk of burn in. Mine is 30, unless the game turns on HDR.

Dull picture may suggest you have the hdmi black level settings mismatched.

On xbox video setting make sure the colour space is set to standard (default).

And on TV picture settings/picture options , you want to set black level too LOW.

Dull picture may suggest you have the hdmi black level settings mismatched.

On xbox video setting make sure the colour space is set to standard (default).

And on TV picture settings/picture options , you want to set black level too LOW.

Just tried that and it's looking perfect. Thanks :)

Just tried that and it's looking perfect. Thanks :)

Nice to know its better:smashin:, hdmi black level is often at fault for picture looking dull, if its mismatched its like there is a grey sheen covering the picture, and blacks also look grey.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom