Question LG Remote Volume Up Turns on DVD Player

JanekPop

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 55UM7050PLC telly, and I am very happy with it. On a roll I bought a new Bush DVD Player and connected it up via HDMI. The only problem I seem to get is that when I turn the volume up on the TV with the remote the DVD Player turns on from Standby.

I know there are some great techies on this forum with some excellent solutions, but if you can solve this one, I'll go get in the queue at Asda, buy a hat, put it on and take it off to you.

Regards,
Janek

I suggest you return the Bush DVD player (which is only capable of playing standard definition discs) and at the very least, get a Blu-ray player instead (which can play both standard definition and high definition discs)...

Ha ha yes, I see you're not one of the techies then. I don't think that will solve this problem but thank you. I only have SD discs anyway.

It probably will fix the problem - more so if the replacement isn't a Bush player - one of them needs to go........

Ha ha yes, I see you're not one of the techies then.
Me no. Not at all ;)
I don't think that will solve this problem but thank you.
Of course it will... Different devices use completely different remote control codes (for each button).
I only have SD discs anyway.
If I had a quid for every person that has said that!

Watching '½K' encoded movies on a 4K screen is visually disappointing. Indeed, as an experiment, I suggest you buy a second-hand Blu-ray copy of one favourite DVD movies and compare the two. And if you can't see a difference, I'll pay for your eye test...

You'll never buy a DVD again...

Cheers

Thank you for making me feel welcomed to the board Mr SeeMoreDigital, and completely taking me me apart.
Are you an agent for this Blue Ray geezer?
I was looking/hoping for a more helpful technical solution to this involving knowledgeable reasoning as to why it happens; HDMI-CEC settings etc.
I know that it can be fixed by buying this buying that until it's right. I learnt this when I spent too much money buying a car every two weeks because they stopped working properly, when the gauge near the E.

Thank you for making me feel welcomed to the board Mr SeeMoreDigital, and completely taking me me apart.
Are you an agent for this Blue Ray geezer?
I was looking/hoping for a more helpful technical solution to this involving knowledgeable reasoning as to why it happens; HDMI-CEC settings etc.
Well I didn't mean to upset you. If I have I apologise.

If you have CEC disabled and discover that the two devices just happen to share the same remote control code there are sadly no fixes for this. Your only option is to explain the issue to your retailer and get a completely different disc player!

Cheers and good luck...

SeeMoreDigital is correct.
In this case HDMI CEC has nothing to do with your symptoms. HDMI CEC often doesn't work the way it's supposed to between different brands but switching on a DVD player with the TV remote's volume up button could never be interpreted as an HDMI CEC command.
The only cure is to replace the DVD player.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom