Question LG SN11rg or Sonos Bundle....

Tegs200

I know it's a tough one with people on both sides of the fence but which one to pick is tricky , I can get the Sonos and try it or the LG which has some great reviews , I want something that's as good watching Springwatch as it is Avengers Assemble lol....

BillRawles

I thought the appeal of the Sonos stuff was all multiroom and smart features but they actually lack on sound quality. We're waiting for some proper reviews (and owner feedback) of the LG but by the looks of it, it could well be top of the pile in the soundbar market. As I've no interest in the additional features, just the sound, I'm keeping an eye on the LG and not giving Sonos a second thought.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I thought the appeal of the Sonos stuff was all multiroom and smart features but they actually lack on sound quality. We're waiting for some proper reviews (and owner feedback) of the LG but by the looks of it, it could well be top of the pile in the soundbar market. As I've no interest in the additional features, just the sound, I'm keeping an eye on the LG and not giving Sonos a second thought.
Smart features? Please can you name some that the LG can't do. :)

SmAShY

If I had £1500 knocking around I'd definitely go for the LG, based on early reviews.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
If I had £1500 knocking around I'd definitely go for the LG, based on early reviews.
LG £1500 for a 7.1.4 system (widest soundbar, support for all audio formats, smart features)
Vs.
Sonos £1,900 for a 5.1.2 system (no support for DTS). I have 1000+ Blu-rays including 200+ UHDs. Vast majority of them feature DTS.

Sonos is targeted towards their own loyal consumer base.

Tegs200

It's a tricky one as both are good in there own way , I think you can take reviews with a pinch of salt sometimes as some reviewers will have certain agendas , some lovers and some haters , owners reviews are good but that's there experience and might not reflect your own, best way really is hear it for yourself and make your own mind up.

keithwiggins

lgans316

Distinguished Member

kivory05

Novice Member
I know it's a tough one with people on both sides of the fence but which one to pick is tricky , I can get the Sonos and try it or the LG which has some great reviews , I want something that's as good watching Springwatch as it is Avengers Assemble lol....
I am also in the same boat as you trying to decide between the two... or even possibly waiting if the klipsch 54 system ever comes out.

Where are you out with your decision at this point?

Tegs200

Well I sent my SN11 back and now waiting for the Sonos Bundle lol.

rantbot66

Standard Member
I'm in a similar boat. Was really excited about the Sonos Arc until I saw that 1) it's height would mean it could cut into the screen space under the tv 2) saw on here that if I'm using an Apple TV for most of my streaming with the ARC on our LG B8 55" then we're not going to get Dolby Atmos, negating the need for the bar in the first place. It's a shame as I've already got a couple of Sonos One speakers we could use for surrounds.
The LG SN11RG does look really good, but still waiting to see if we can get a demo of it at our local store. Anyone else had the chance to hear both? Tegs200, why did you send your SN11 back?

Sotiega

Standard Member
The LG SN11RG is mighty. I bought one recently and I am very pleased with it. Pair it with a Q90R 4K TV and you got a mega setup for years to come.

Tegs200

The LG SN11RG is mighty. I bought one recently and I am very pleased with it. Pair it with a Q90R 4K TV and you got a mega setup for years to come.
I did actually buy the SN11 but returned it in favour of the Sonos Arc bundle.