Reading the specs it appears that the main soundbar is taller then the space below picture on my LG 65E9 which is on a table, meaning base of picture covered by soundbar !! Shame.

Reading the specs it appears that the main soundbar is taller then the space below picture on my LG 65E9 which is on a table, meaning base of picture covered by soundbar !! Shame.

Dunno if the E9 size is the same as the C9 but the bar sits perfectly under the my C9 and doesn't obscure any of the screen when look straight onto it.

Covers a tiny bit of the frame but doesn't impact any of the picture.

I have a 55" E8 and it didn't obscure the picture for me. There was plenty of room

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with LG again, tech guys wanted to know if it was just when gaming that I experienced the lack of bass from the rears. I explained it was more noticeable then as it's far easier to create rear sounds on demand, or hear gun shots/explosions off screen.

I explained how Dolby Atmos fixed the issue when at least gaming on the Xbox, but I was unable to find a happy ground on the PS4.

While I was on the phone, it got me thinking, I wonder if the the side audio is coming from the rears, as we know the rear audio is coming from the sides, this would explain the lack of bass, as I don't ever imagine the sides needing much bass, as I assume they are there to compliment the frontal soundstage.

It's also much better in Movie Mode, which seems to blend the speakers, so again I think it's the way the sound is being directed to the speakers that is the cause.

I may be completely wrong, but based on what I have experienced, it makes sense. :)

LG are meant to be coming back to me this week, but as this is my second unit with the same issue, they have ruled it out as being a faulty unit, so fingers crossed they can figure it out and get it fixed for us, as I really want to keep this bar.

Can you double check your settings for me, really don’t think it’s fixed. Just put the Netflix test video on my PS4 and the rears both come from the side speakers.

This is with original sound and Standard sound mode.
I just tested it with the testsounds in systemsettings on the the Nintendo Switch and the sounds came out where they should (L, R, LR, RR, C and Sub). Before the last firmware update (when i got the soundbar and set everything up) the sound from the rears came out the sidespeakers from the bar.

Th LG shows PCM, is set to Standard and Original Sound from the Rears. The Switch is hooked up directly to the Soundbar.

I just tested it with the testsounds in systemsettings on the the Nintendo Switch and the sounds came out where they should (L, R, LR, RR, C and Sub). Before the last firmware update (when i got the soundbar and set everything up) the sound from the rears came out the sidespeakers from the bar.

Th LG shows PCM, is set to Standard and Original Sound from the Rears. The Switch is hooked up directly to the Soundbar.
I’m using EARC on my LG C9, I’ll try connecting the PS4 directly to the bar and test it again, I’ll let you know.

Still waiting for mine to do the firmware update. Can’t seem to trigger it with power offs or resets, there must be some sort of internal timer for how often it will check. Will just have to play the waiting game I suppose.

Just tested my Switch in surround and it’s coming from the sides. Same settings original sound & standard, what firmware are you on? I’ve attached an imagine of mine from the google app.

Attachments

• 0A6E4E3D-384B-4AB4-9B13-DD67AA1A7A7D.jpeg
    0A6E4E3D-384B-4AB4-9B13-DD67AA1A7A7D.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 364
Just tested my Switch in surround and it’s coming from the sides. Same settings original sound & standard, what firmware are you on? I’ve attached an imagine of mine from the google app.
Look in the LG WiFi app instead of the Google app, under Software Version Information. It is my understanding the recent update left main as 2006170 and took Micom to 2007131. My Micom shows 2006251.

Last edited:
Look in the LG WiFi app instead of the Google app, under Software Version Information. It is my understanding the recent update left main as 2007130 and took Micom to 2007131. My Micom shows 2006251.
Starting to think my update wasn’t the most recent, see image for the numbers.

Attachments

• 4EABD366-3820-4E9E-9D6E-2E9A3766874D.jpeg
    4EABD366-3820-4E9E-9D6E-2E9A3766874D.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 309
Starting to think my update wasn’t the most recent, see image for the numbers.
Yep, same as me - which is why we both aren’t getting the 5.1 to the rears on LPCM.

Attachments

• E6C1897F-C5D4-4F5F-82B9-B41A536A27C8.jpeg
    E6C1897F-C5D4-4F5F-82B9-B41A536A27C8.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 374
Wonder how we manually kick it in, you based in the UK too?
I’ll give them a call tomorrow.
Yes, UK. Scoured the net and avforums to see if anyone had any advice on how to force a firmware update on these bars - no luck so far. Please let us know if you get any joy from LG.

LG have already confirmed it does cover bottom of picture and suggested I balance the TV on a further stand !
This is mine next to my LG C9. Honestly I don’t notice content been cut off from my seating position - it would annoy me if it did.

Attachments

• 8CF63CFD-0673-4D68-B150-E4768D7E5532.jpeg
    8CF63CFD-0673-4D68-B150-E4768D7E5532.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 384
Yes, UK. Scoured the net and avforums to see if anyone had any advice on how to force a firmware update on these bars - no luck so far. Please let us know if you get any joy from LG.
Yea I’ll update you once I’ve spoken to them pal.

Anyone with the new update or working LCPM actually from the UK?

Yea I’ll update you once I’ve spoken to them pal.

Anyone with the new update or working LCPM actually from the UK?
Thank you, here is a screenshot of a couple of posts referencing the Micom update if it helps.

Attachments

• 7A4A2D2A-18AB-417D-9788-1AB265C3D9AA.png
    7A4A2D2A-18AB-417D-9788-1AB265C3D9AA.png
    418.6 KB · Views: 352
Screenshot_20200804-203244.png

Apperantly a newer one. I'm in Austria.

I'm in the UK and this is my current firmware installed on my SN11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200804-202331~2.png
    Screenshot_20200804-202331~2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 340
That’s weird, any suggestions or did yours just auto update?
It just automatically updated. I have never seen it update other than when I first plugged it in on the day I set it up.

I've been looking everywhere to see how you can trigger an update but found nothing.

The only thing I can think of is maybe downloading a firmware update file from the LG website via a PC, and then put it on a USB stick and plug it into the soundbar directly.

That’s weird, any suggestions or did yours just auto update?
Have you tried removing and reregistering your soundbar with your google account in the google home app? My sound bar started the update in the google home app not the LG app

Yep, same as me - which is why we both aren’t getting the 5.1 to the rears on LPCM.
I’m on the newer one and definitely coming from rears now.

I am getting a Panasonic 65GZ1000 OLED on Friday. It comes with a subwoofer out and crossover settings. Going to see if the TV is able to send sub out sounds correctly. If this does the trick then time to get keep the LG sub at bay and use the dedicated active sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom