Talkshowchris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Now that the LG SN11RG soundbar is now available in the UK, I thought it apt to create a thread for owners to post reviews and discussions.

Just bought my SN11RG from box.co.uk. Will be here tomorrow. I currently have the samsung K950 so I am hoping its gonna be better than my K950. Will report back and do a quick review once setup. Can't wait!

Just bought my SN11RG from box.co.uk. Will be here tomorrow. I currently have the samsung K950 so I am hoping its gonna be better than my K950. Will report back and do a quick review once setup. Can't wait!
I think that box.co.uk is the only place to have stock at the moment.
I got mine from Richer Sounds on Wednesday and will post my impressions soon, as soon as I've sampled a variety of content.

It's very impressive that it comes with the mounts for the bar and the rears.

Even when you know the measurements from the specification sheet, it's still impressive how long the bar is. The wide sound stage certainly elevates it above the smaller soundbars that are out there.

There is a hidden demo mode in the main bar that tests out Atmos (it's the audio of the famous 'Amaze' and 'Leaf' demos) in your room.
All you have to do to get it is press F on the main unit for 5 seconds. You can then tweak the volume using the + and - on the main bar (it defaults to a blasting 20 in demo mode).

Be nice to see a review on this. I had the Samsung q90 and as good as it was it just didn't perform as well as I'd expect..with this being £300 more I'm curious to see where the extra money went..

can someone take a photo of the back of the rear speakers for me please.

Be nice to see a review on this. I had the Samsung q90 and as good as it was it just didn't perform as well as I'd expect..with this being £300 more I'm curious to see where the extra money went..

Two decent reviews.
The Jimmy is Promo one gets things wrong about the Surround mode.

Benefits of this over the arc/ or samsung q90?

Benefits of this over the arc/ or samsung q90?

Hoping the LG has less bugs, no crackles / dropouts.

The soundbar is wider (and thinnest) than any other soundbar in the market. Hoping it can offer a good sound quality and more importantly free of fundamental issues.

----------------------

Problems summary (as of 21-July-2020)

1. No sound from sub when there is an explosion on the rear channels - This IMO is the biggest issue although I haven't noticed it yet.
2. Vocals getting drowned during action scenes at higher volumes. (can be fixed via f/w upgrade but chances of this happening is 1 in a million.). This one can be tough as I had similar experiences in my separates depending on the content.
3. LPCM 5.1 directing surround sound to side speakers (can be fixed via f/w upgrade but chances of this happening is 1 in a million). Not a problem for the vast majority but an issue if for those using ATV and Nintendo.
4. Bass lacks authority at times.
5. Cheaply constructed sub - I completely agree here going by the posts at AVS Forum. Bass output limited to 30 Hz in-line with most of the soundbar subs,)

----------------------

Last edited:
I think that box.co.uk is the only place to have stock at the moment.
I got mine from Richer Sounds on Wednesday and will post my impressions soon, as soon as I've sampled a variety of content.

It's very impressive that it comes with the mounts for the bar and the rears.

Even when you know the measurements from the specification sheet, it's still impressive how long the bar is. The wide sound stage certainly elevates it above the smaller soundbars that are out there.

Thanks for this bud, I am looking forward to getting it setup tomorrow

Hope you guys can review one soon, I currently have the Samsung HW-N950 and wan't to know if its a massive step up? :)

Same boat, I’m not bothered if it’s a massive step up sound wise. I would be happy with similar sound quality but obviously this has EARC. Disgusting that Samsung haven’t bothered including it on their older sound bars when they’re more than capable and the firmware file would be very similar.

Hope you guys can review one soon, I currently have the Samsung HW-N950 and wan't to know if its a massive step up? :)

I sure will over the weekend. I really do hope its better than my Samsung K950 setup. I would be keeping it but Dolby Vision pass through is not available on the K950

Anyone know the history of why google home is mandatory to be able to connect using the built-in Wi-Fi functionality to a home network?

Last edited:
Sooooo hows it sound

Sooooo hows it sound
It sounds amazing.
Got the chance to try it on a movie all the way through last night.
Here are my impressions.
Movie: Brightburn (2019) - 4K UHD
The bass is the first thing that is noticable, not because it's overpowering, but because it's perfectly balanced. The opening credits have some really deep lows and these sound amazing.

Later on in the movie there are scenes of distruction that allow the sub to shine without clouding the dialogue or other sounds. An aeroplane late in the movie sounds exactly as you'd imagine an aeroplane sounding were it to fly almost into your room.

The Atmos effect is stunning in this movie with this setup. There are voices that come from 360 degrees at varied volumes. These scenes are obviously designed to be scary and this works well with the sound floating around. It sounds so wide at times that I was checking the front and rear gardens to check that there wasn't anything blowing or falling over.

The overall surround effects are perfect, there are no gaps at all in the sound field. There's one scene in the woods where a character is being stalked and we are given the sound from his perspective. The sound here is nothing short of excellent. Voices and the rustling of branches come from all around and the effect of distance is very finely balanced. It really gave the impression of being encircled and was very immersive, especially in the context of the scene.

Dialogue was crisp and clear throughout and never felt too 'bassy', as I've witnessed with other soundbar subs (especially when male characters with low voices are speaking). When there were multiple voices in a scene they were all at suitable volumes for the people speaking (a person that was perhaps to the left was just as clear as the person in the centre).

Volume was consistent throughout and I didn't feel any need to tweak the speaker levels (I have all on 0 except for the overheads on 2 for the front and rear). I had the volume on 17 throughout and my wife didn't complain (which is a good yardstick for the 'is it too loud' paradox).

So overall I'm impressed. It's worth noting that I have seen this film on the Sennheiser Ambeo, JBL 9.1 and Samsung Q90 and this performance on the SN11RG was the best I've heard by a noticable distance. In very short, and for me of great significance, it made the movie more immersive and enjoyable than I've ever seen it (and at 90 minutes it's an easy film to use as an evaluation tool).

Last edited:
@Talkshowchris

Looks like you will finally have a keeper after all the pain you have been through...

It sounds amazing.
Here are my impressions.
The bass is the first thing that is noticable, not because it's overpowering, but because it's perfectly balanced. The opening credits have some really deep lows and these sound amazing.

Later on in the movie there are scenes of distruction that allow the sub to shine without clouding the dialogue or other sounds. An aeroplane late in the movie sounds exactly as you'd imagine an aeroplane sounding were it to fly almost into your room.

The Atmos effect is stunning in this movie with this setup. There are voices that come from 360 degrees at varied volumes. These scenes are obviously designed to be scary and this works well with the sound floating around. It sounds so wide at times that I was checking the front and rear gardens to check that there wasn't anything blowing or falling over.

The overall surround effects are perfect, there are no gaps at all in the sound field. There's one scene in the woods where a character is being stalked and we are given the sound from his perspective. The sound here is nothing short of excellent. Voices and the rustling of branches come from all around and the effect of distance is very finely balanced. It really gave the impression of being encircled and was very immersive, especially in the context of the scene.

Dialogue was crisp and clear throughout and never felt too 'bassy', as I've witnessed with other soundbar subs (especially when male characters with low voices are speaking). When there were multiple voices in a scene they were all at suitable volumes for the people speaking (a person that was perhaps to the left was just as clear as the person in the centre).

Volume was consistent throughout and I didn't feel any need to tweak the speaker levels (I have all on 0 except for the overheads on 2 for the front and rear). I had the volume on 17 throughout and my wife didn't complain (which is a good yardstick for the 'is it too loud' paradox).

So overall I'm impressed. It's worth noting that I have seen this film on the Sennheiser Ambeo, JBL 9.1 and Samsung Q90 and this performance on the SN11RG was the best I've heard by a noticable distance. In very short, and for me of great significance, it made the movie more immersive and enjoyable than I've ever seen it (and at 90 minutes it's an easy film to use as an evaluation tool).
very good review , thanks, but is the performance justify the extra money over q90r ?

Looks like the soundbar itself is identical to 2019 and what's been added is eARC plus rear + height speakers.

Can anyone(who had them both) make a comparison with Q90r from Samsung? I'm interested into sound quality for movies plus Atmos experience.
Will it worth an upgrade?

It sounds amazing.
Here are my impressions.

would you recommend this soundbar over the JBL Bar 9.1? I’m debating on jumping in and grabbing a new soundbar and it’s basically between these two and possibly the Samsung q90r.

Can anyone(who had them both) make a comparison with Q90r from Samsung? I'm interested into sound quality for movies plus Atmos experience.
Will it worth an upgrade?

I am more interested in the bass side. The subwoofer is way too small. The Samsung sub can do 28 Hz which is not that bad. If the LG sub can do the same then I might consider buying the LG although I prefer a dedicated wired sub-out which will allow me to connect to my ULF capable SVS.

Could anyone take a photo of the rear of the surround speaker please. I need to see if my speaker stands will fit. Many thanks

Could anyone take a photo of the rear of the surround speaker please. I need to see if my speaker stands will fit. Many thanks
just set mine up so not had time to watch a film yet. One quick thing I have noticed is it’s not anywhere near as deep bass as the Samsung K950. Which I was personally hoping as it was way overpowering for my personal preference

PSA pic bud. The speaker mount is on the bottom not at the back

Attachments

• B2AC55C1-A053-408C-AAB5-B58CB89BD7CA.jpeg
    B2AC55C1-A053-408C-AAB5-B58CB89BD7CA.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,005

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom