just set mine up so not had time to watch a film yet. One quick thing I have noticed is it’s not anywhere near as deep bass as the Samsung K950. Which I was personally hoping as it was way overpowering for my personal preference

PSA pic bud. The speaker mount is on the bottom not at the back

Well if the bass is not deep then another one off my list. At this rate I may go back to the AVR plus individual speakers

Well if the bass is not deep then another one off my list. At this rate I may go back to the AVR plus individual speakers

Does LG do a returns policy? If so, just give it a punt, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I haven’t tried an Atmos film yet just the Dolby demo built in. I will report back on bass. But so far not as deep andas loud as the Sammy

People after comparison between this and the Q90.
Very briefly I'll give my initial impressions, having owned both.

Q90 had connection problems occasionally with the rears and sub, the LG has no such issues (yet). This is a huge positive.

Q90 had crackle issues for me, the LG has had none (yet). This is a huge positive.

The LG has a wider sound stage overall and makes my room feel larger.

The Q90 has much quieter rear speakers (for rear and overhead rear). The LG is much more immersive when a movie is really using the rears well.

The LG is shorter in height and fits beneath my TV without a plinth for my TV.

The LG sub is definitely better on the few reference materials I've used so far. On the Amaze demo I heard some bass features that I've not discovered before.

eArc on the LG is implemented perfectly and this shows in the app. The Q90 does not show the eArc details in the app, as it's been patched in to fit a market.

AI room calibration on the LG does factor in your room layout. I spent ages tweaking the Q90 to get it sounding good in my room.

The grille on the Q90 runs all over the bar and debris often gets in the top (large particles are very tricky to recover). The LG is solid plastic on the top apart from the upfiring speakers. It's veey easy to clean and much more contained. This prevents vibration massively.

The rubber feet on the LG are higher and have greater grip. It's actually really difficult to slide around once in place. The Q90 has feet that don't really grip and my kids used to move it around a lot. The Q90 feet can also come out and get lost (dogs like chewing such rubber if they get chance).

The LG works flawlessly with LG TVs in my experience. The Q90 doesn't always play ball and can need restarts every now and then.

LG is better for music. I've heard many Beatles tracks and some Radiohead and the LG outperformed the Q90 (from my memory of it).

These are just early opinions.

would you recommend this soundbar over the JBL Bar 9.1? I’m debating on jumping in and grabbing a new soundbar and it’s basically between these two and possibly the Samsung q90r.
Absolutely over both, but especially over the 9.1. The width of the sound field is a different league.

Looks like the soundbar itself is identical to 2019 and what's been added is eARC plus rear + height speakers.
It's definitely not identical to the SL10YG as I've had both. Looks the same as LG get praise for the design quite often (they've won several Red Dot awards).
The giblets inside are different and the sound field is much wider.

I remember watching the film Suspiria in Atmos and thinking it sounded a bit hollow on my SL10YG when I had it. I've tried some sequences on the SN11RG and they sound totally immersive now. The score is almost a different film.

It's definitely not identical to the SL10YG as I've had both. Looks the same as LG get praise for the design quite often (they've won several Red Dot awards).
The giblets inside are different and the sound field is much wider.

I remember watching the film Suspiria in Atmos and thinking it sounded a bit hollow on my SL10YG when I had it. I've tried some sequences on the SN11RG and they sound totally immersive now. The score is almost a different film.

Cool.mate. You are the resident soundbar guru here without a shadow of doubt :)

Think I might try this one but how trustworthy are box.co.uk?

Cool.mate. You are the resident soundbar guru here without a shadow of doubt :)
I
Think I might try this one but how trustworthy are box.co.uk?
I've never dealt with box.co.uk and now it seems they've sold out anyway.

I'd recommend Richer Sounds as they offer a free 6 year guarantee and they are pretty knowledgeable too. They don't currently have stock but you can call and reserve for the next batch and they will send it next day when they get it.

Thanks for your thoughts @Talkshowchris
I've been following the Q90R thread for a while but just seems to be full of issues so think I will be looking at this now as an alternative.

The review that Talkshowchris has given is spot on! The sound stage on this thing is unbelievable compared to my K950. And the bass is better in Atmos than what I initially thought. I can actually hear things coming from above now. Not had one drop out or hissing yet. Google assistant works great too. The app is superb compared to Samsung’s too. Nice and easy to adjust everything you need. Highly recommended.
I got mine from box and arrived the next day. I have also bought pc parts in the past and had no problems whatsoever. Also HDTVTest normally gets stuff sent to him from them.

Sub woofer comparison between K950 and SN11RG

Attachments

• BEDAF5A6-60D4-42E6-ACC1-8C5F9B56826E.jpeg
    BEDAF5A6-60D4-42E6-ACC1-8C5F9B56826E.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 546
  • F6B94A5C-B7E1-47C4-859C-EA92F3F4C024.jpeg
    F6B94A5C-B7E1-47C4-859C-EA92F3F4C024.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 509
This does sound like the real deal. Well out of my price range though 😭

The LG works flawlessly with LG TVs in my experience. The Q90 doesn't always play ball and can need restarts every now and then.

This is possibly the biggest one for me, my K850 was fiddly with a Samsung TV from the same year the bar came out (2016) I thought both being from the same year I would get the benefit of good synergy but nope, the thing would was more twitchy than a 5 year old after a bottle of coke.
When I got my LG 65" C9 the situation was somehow worse, for one thing the bar just wouldn't show netflix atmos so that was a no go but generally using HDMI ARC was awful and wouldn't work most of the time so I had to switch to optical.

The only time i've had stable and reliable performance was when playing a blu ray or 4k movie on disk but now I want something that can be problem free all of the time. Just waiting on the SN10 getting released.

Im going to sack off my arc pre order and go for one of these when in stock agin, hopefully wont be long,

should suit me better on my lg oled too.

Anyone know when the LG SN10YG will be available in the UK? Can't see a pre order anywhere.

Has anyone tried this soundbar with Apple TV 4K? I can’t get it to pass through Dolby Vision? Can get DV when the cable goes straight to my LG OLED C6

Anyone know when the LG SN10YG will be available in the UK? Can't see a pre order anywhere.

Me and you both buddy, I think maybe July/August time if I had to guess. Guess you're another one who can't accommodate those chunky rears?

It's not that I can't accommodate the rear speakers, I just prefer a minimalist set up.

It's not that I can't accommodate the rear speakers, I just prefer a minimalist set up.

Ahhh I understand, In my case the room is just not big enough as I already sit back against a wall but ideally I would have liked rears but a good wide front soundstage will be good enough for me.

just set mine up so not had time to watch a film yet. One quick thing I have noticed is it’s not anywhere near as deep bass as the Samsung K950. Which I was personally hoping as it was way overpowering for my personal preference

PSA pic bud. The speaker mount is on the bottom not at the back

Thanks for that. Is the rear of the speaker just flat plastic then..?

Reason I ask is that I have a pair of speaker stands for my old q90 rears..from Netherlands and shipping them back will cost me £40 is so i was wondeeing if there was a way I could mangle the stands to fit the lg rears....

Thanks for that. Is the rear of the speaker just flat plastic then..?

Reason I ask is that I have a pair of speaker stands for my old q90 rears..from Netherlands and shipping them back will cost me £40 is so i was wondeeing if there was a way I could mangle the stands to fit the lg rears....
Back of the rear speakers is just flat plastic yes.
Happy mangling!

Has anyone tried this soundbar with Apple TV 4K? I can’t get it to pass through Dolby Vision? Can get DV when the cable goes straight to my LG OLED C6
It does pass though Dolby Vision on my Xbox One X and 4K DVD player. Not sure about the Apple 4K though as I no longer have one.
I remember that there's a cable/connection test on the Apple TV that will tell you the best settings for what it detects. What does that say?

It's worth noting that, like a few other soundbars, the SN11RG needs a source toggle to get the Xbox One to output audio for HDR enabled games.
This was the same on the JBL 9.1 too, so I think it's an implementation of eArc issue that will be patched out.
When the audio is playing from the Xbox, it's excellent.

It's worth noting that, like a few other soundbars, the SN11RG needs a source toggle to get the Xbox One to output audio for HDR enabled games.
This was the same on the JBL 9.1 too, so I think it's an implementation of eArc issue that will be patched out.
When the audio is playing from the Xbox, it's excellent.

what does that mean exactly? Like I physically have to tune to HDMI 1 for example to get to my xbox one, instead of it switching automatically?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom