It's worth noting that, like a few other soundbars, the SN11RG needs a source toggle to get the Xbox One to output audio for HDR enabled games.
This was the same on the JBL 9.1 too, so I think it's an implementation of eArc issue that will be patched out.
When the audio is playing from the Xbox, it's excellent.

Is the same problem that you and @spikecast were having with the JBL 9.1 with the sound dropping out?

Is the same problem that you and @spikecast were having with the JBL 9.1 with the sound dropping out?

Sounds like it! Who patches it though? The TV marker or the SB makers?

what does that mean exactly? Like I physically have to tune to HDMI 1 for example to get to my xbox one, instead of it switching automatically?
When connected to the TV, the Xbox loses sound when starting a game with HDR. This only happens if you use eArc and a direct connection to the bar will work fine.

It does pass though Dolby Vision on my Xbox One X and 4K DVD player. Not sure about the Apple 4K though as I no longer have one.
I remember that there's a cable/connection test on the Apple TV that will tell you the best settings for what it detects. What does that say?

Cheers Bud, I will try this later on today and report back. I have a new C9 TV coming next week so that's gonna be better for everything anyhow.

Anyone know where has stock. Ive only seen box. And richer sounds have it advertised.

@Talkshowchris could you do me a favour mate and measure from the front of the sound bar to the end of the top speaker and let me know the measurement.

I'm looking at an AV cabinet which has a dedicated shelf for a soundbar and the shelf sticks out so just want to check there is enough clearance so the sound from the top speaker doesn't end up hitting the top of the cabinet.

@Talkshowchris could you do me a favour mate and measure from the front of the sound bar to the end of the top speaker and let me know the measurement.

I'm looking at an AV cabinet which has a dedicated shelf for a soundbar and the shelf sticks out so just want to check there is enough clearance so the sound from the top speaker doesn't end up hitting the top of the cabinet.
It's about 6.3cm high from the bottom to the top.
Not sure how a built in shelf will work though as the top speakers need to be free to fire at the ceiling.

It's about 6.3cm high from the bottom to the top.
Not sure how a built in shelf will work though as the top speakers need to be free to fire at the ceiling.

It's an open shelf but only extends out by 7cm so looks like I'm fine. Thank you very much.

It's an open shelf but only extends out by 7cm so looks like I'm fine. Thank you very much.

You're welcome, looks like an elegant solution for a soundbar and TV without having to wall mount.

You're welcome, looks like an elegant solution for a soundbar and TV without having to wall mount.

Ah I've just checked the official dimensions and could I just check that you've not given me the height just that is quoted as 2.5 inches which is 6.35cm.

What I'm after is the depth from the front to where the top speakers end. I know the total depth of the bar is 14.73cm as quoted on the specs page of LG. The soundbar shelf only extends out by 7cm so like you pointed out I want to check the top speakers won't be impeded. Sorry to be a pain.

I've moving into a new build soon and planning on getting the C9/X and annoyingly the tv is just ridiculously low so cannot put a soundbar infront of it. I really don't want to have to wallmount the tv if I can help it so am hoping this cabinet can solve that issue. I am aware I could get a tv riser but not a fan of those.

Ah I've just checked the official dimensions and could I just check that you've not given me the height just that is quoted as 2.5 inches which is 6.35cm.

What I'm after is the depth from the front to where the top speakers end. I know the total depth of the bar is 14.73cm as quoted on the specs page of LG. The soundbar shelf only extends out by 7cm so like you pointed out I want to check the top speakers won't be impeded. Sorry to be a pain.

I've moving into a new build soon and planning on getting the C9/X and annoyingly the tv is just ridiculously low so cannot put a soundbar infront of it. I really don't want to have to wallmount the tv if I can help it so am hoping this cabinet can solve that issue. I am aware I could get a tv riser but not a fan of those.
That's clearer and I can confirm that it is 9.5cm from the front to the end of the top speakers.
The front rubber feet are about 1cm in from the front of the bar, so it could overhang by that 1cm without being dangerous.

That's clearer and I can confirm that it is 9.5cm from the front to the end of the top speakers.
The front rubber feet are about 1cm in from the front of the bar, so it could overhang by that 1cm without being dangerous.

Damn that is a shame.

Thank you for confirming though :smashin:

Damn that is a shame.

Thank you for confirming though :smashin:
You can put the SN11RG in front of a C9 and still see the whole screen.

I have a B9 and have the bar right I front of the screen. If you were sat at the same height as the screen, it would obscure the screen, but factor in the elevation and the view is just about perfect to get a tiny gap between the bar and bottom of the TV.

Remember also that the B9 and C9 don't have the screen right to the very edge of the panel, there is a few mm of black bezel.

Here's a picture from the seating position. The B9 is just on its normal stand and then just flat on my wooden TV unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_143850.jpg
    IMG_20200531_143850.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 716
You can put the SN11RG in front of a C9 and still see the whole screen.

I have a B9 and have the bar right I front of the screen. If you were sat at the same height as the screen, it would obscure the screen, but factor in the elevation and the view is just about perfect to get a tiny gap between the bar and bottom of the TV.

Remember also that the B9 and C9 don't have the screen right to the very edge of the panel, there is a few mm of black bezel.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was initially considering the Q90R which would have been too high but this could work.
The problem is now finding a tv stand. I absolutely love the the BDI Corridor 8173 which I know is a favourite among the AV community but I really can't justify the price but then again I can't find anything else as nice so might just have to bite the bullet.

Digital Trends reviews have turned to pure garbage, they need to get Ryan Waniata back to do the reviews for soundbars, this other guy doesn't know what he's trying to say.

Digital Trends actual review

"LG has left no stone unturned in the pursuit of making this soundbar system an absolute audio juggernaut.

After three weeks of tossing all different types of content at it, I can say this about the SN11RG: In the world of soundbars, it is that juggernaut."

But it's expensive so 7/10.

@Talkshowchris I have no idea why it is 3.5 cause the review itself sounds like 4.5...

@Aryn86 hm, true, you are probably right. I also miss the driect comparison to the Samsung HW Q90R, he only writes that they are similar in terms of price and sound, but here in Germany the SN11RG costs around 50% more...

I’ve been hopping around threads trying to decide on my next bar. I currently have the LGSK10Y and while they updated the app a long time ago for center control that didn’t help the muffled issue that happens when there’s action happening. Does this bar have any center channel issues so far? Especially wondering if it’s still normal volume for big action scenes.

Yes, it's exactly the same, with the same workarounds.
Not sure if it would do it on a different TV to mine (I have an LG B9).

Thanks chris I'm actually glad this confirms it's not an issue with the JBL bar and is either eARC or Xbox related. I'm glad you've found a bar that you're happy with. I'm very happy with my JBL, I don't think I could personally drop almost double on the LG, so I wouldn't even try and put the JBL in the same league as the LG as for £1500 I'd expect it to be a better product. I only paid £850 for the JBL so for almost half the cost it's a cracking bar. If anyone is considering the JBL it's a decent bar for the money and as with the LG has had pretty decent reviews across the board. As always it comes down to how much you want to spend!

Does anyone know who to email at LG about the HDR sound drops on Xbox? Sounds like the TV needs a firmware update to me when using Atmos!

Thanks chris I'm actually glad this confirms it's not an issue with the JBL bar and is either eARC or Xbox related. I'm glad you've found a bar that you're happy with. I'm very happy with my JBL, I don't think I could personally drop almost double on the LG, so I wouldn't even try and put the JBL in the same league as the LG as for £1500 I'd expect it to be a better product. I only paid £850 for the JBL so for almost half the cost it's a cracking bar. If anyone is considering the JBL it's a decent bar for the money and as with the LG has had pretty decent reviews across the board. As always it comes down to how much you want to spend!

Does anyone know who to email at LG about the HDR sound drops on Xbox? Sounds like the TV needs a firmware update to me when using Atmos!
I think for £850 the JBL 9.1 is a very attractive deal and does everything that people would want with Atmos and DTSX.
If you know anyone who's interested in the JBL Bar 9.1 then I have a 20% off code to get it for £800 due to me complaining about their poor customer service.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom