I am getting a Panasonic 65GZ1000 OLED on Friday. It comes with a subwoofer out and crossover settings. Going to see if the TV is able to send sub out sounds correctly. If this does the trick then time to get keep the LG sub at bay and use the dedicated active sub.
Reckon the crossover settings are for the TV's speakers.
When you set the soundbar as the audio source, it will disable all TV audio.
Does that TV do eArc?

Reckon the crossover settings are for the TV's speakers.
When you set the soundbar as the audio source, it will disable all TV audio.
Does that TV do eArc?

eARC not available on 2019 Panasonic TVs.

I was getting sound on my 2016 Panasonic DX902 from the TV speakers alongside the soundbar with my player connected to soundbar's HDMI IN and soundbar's HDMI OUT to TV's HDMI IN.

eARC not available on 2019 Panasonic TVs.

I was getting sound on my 2016 Panasonic DX902 from the TV speakers alongside the soundbar with my player connected to soundbar's HDMI IN and soundbar's HDMI OUT to TV's HDMI IN.
There will be lip sync issues I fear, if that's the work around.

There will be lip sync issues I fear, if that's the work around.

What I did was turn off TV speakers via Sound menu to suppress the sound coming from the TV.

That may work if the external sub volume is mutually exclusive.

Yes. Its worth experimenting. Let's see if the external sub blends with the rest of the soundbar producing better impactful bass. I am still waiting for Klipsch 54 which is meant to be launched end of this month. I am happy to sacrifice rear upfiring speaker for that extra deep bass.

Yes. Its worth experimenting. Let's see if the external sub blends with the rest of the soundbar producing better impactful bass. I am still waiting for Klipsch 54 which is meant to be launched end of this month. I am happy to sacrifice rear upfiring speaker for that extra deep bass.
I thought I read the rears on the 54 did have upfiring drivers?

LG have already confirmed it does cover bottom of picture and suggested I balance the TV on a further stand !

I mean you can believe LG phone rep who probably hasn't seen the two units together in the same room and is just reading info of a sheet.

OR you can believe more than 1 user here that have the things together and can confirm that it doesn't block the picture at all*

* When sitting front on. If I lay on my couch below the bar it'll obviously obscure some of the picture

I mean you can believe LG phone rep who probably hasn't seen the two units together in the same room and is just reading info of a sheet.

OR you can believe more than 1 user here that have the things together and can confirm that it doesn't block the picture at all*

* When sitting front on. If I lay on my couch below the bar it'll obviously obscure some of the picture
The REP probably skipped the Maths lessons about elevations and trigonometry.

If this was out now it may have stopped me going down the dedicated speaker and amplifier route. :)
I am seeing very positive comments / reviews on Atmos sound bars but all have their compromises etc
If indeed it's not vaporware? Has there been any noise from Klipsch about it since Jan? Surely if it was launching in Autumn they'd be seeding information out about it - especially as they spoke about it in Jan.

That Klipsch 54 is not a pretty looking boy though is it :eek: the LG looks nice. I know looks aren't everything but partner acceptance factor is important, am I right guys!? :p

That Klipsch 54 is not a pretty looking boy though is it :eek: the LG looks nice. I know looks aren't everything but partner acceptance factor is important, am I right guys!? :p
The LG does look nice but myself and other have experienced a muddy sound bar output when the action levels pickup.
For me this was a too bigger compromise, however I still think the LG SN11 RG is an amazing sound bar, especially if you can get it for around the £1k mark.
No doubt the Klipsch will come in at a much higher price tag which then will start going into a dedicated amplifier + speakers territory.

The LG does look nice but myself and other have experienced a muddy sound bar output when the action levels pickup.
For me this was a too bigger compromise, however I still think the LG SN11 RG is an amazing sound bar, especially if you can get it for around the £1k mark.
No doubt the Klipsch will come in at a much higher price tag which then will start going into a dedicated amplifier + speakers territory.
Yeah, I think I saw the 54 would be about $1500, so pretty comparable

No muffled sounds on my Sonos Arc :blush:

But yes, I'd never accept something that sounded poor just because it looked good. Same with a woman, if she sounded like Janice from Friends but looked like Jennifer Aniston :love: nope sorry Jennifer, get in the bin :D

But I also wouldn't want something that looked ugly no matter how good it sounded, superficial I know but I just couldn't.

The only thing that puts me off is ( if I'm right in thinking ) that the bar 54 only supports DTS virtual-x and not dts-x

The only thing that puts me off is ( if I'm right in thinking ) that the bar 54 only supports DTS virtual-x and not dts-x

The only thing that puts me off is that feeling that the Klipsch 54 will never be released lol.

New 65GZ1000 TV should be here Friday which should give me the opportunity to try this subwoofer out on the TV.

No muffled sounds on my Sonos Arc :blush:

But yes, I'd never accept something that sounded poor just because it looked good. Same with a woman, if she sounded like Janice from Friends but looked like Jennifer Aniston :love: nope sorry Jennifer, get in the bin :D

But I also wouldn't want something that looked ugly no matter how good it sounded, superficial I know but I just couldn't.
How's the Sonos when it does DTSX?
Is it muffled then 😁?

The only thing that puts me off is that feeling that the Klipsch 54 will never be released lol.

New 65GZ1000 TV should be here Friday which should give me the opportunity to try this subwoofer out on the TV.
If a Klipsch 54 is playing 5.1.4 audio but nobody is there to hear it, does it still exist?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom