LG SN11RG v B&O Stage

Andanotherthing

I know, another recommend me a soundbar post......

Wonder if you could help, hopefully moving into new property in next couple of weeks.

Looking to put the TV on the wall as shown in the floorplan attached, with a soundbar underneath it.

Main sofa would be opposite it.

Far right on the floor plan, I'm popping a couple of Chromecast speakers in the dining area.

For the soundbar (attached to the wall), would you recommend the LG SN11 or the B&O Stage - Chromecast multiroom is important to me. Would the room take the LG and do a decent job with the effects - or too many potential issues with left side sounds? The ceiling is flat, about 2.36m high.

Viewing wise a good mix of Netflix and Amazon, standard TV, a couple of films a month. I will have access to some Atmos content

Will be looking to connect up Shield, Xbox one X, possibly virgin TV box.

Would also like it to sound alright with music - would look to connect through Chromecast to the two Google Home Max's in the dining area, probably with Spotify.

All opinions welcome.
Thanks for reading and your time.

Cheers

20200713_131710.jpg

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Both are different.

LG SN11 is a full blown 7.1.4 sound system. Lowest rated frequency response is 29 Hz.

B&O : Its just the soundbar. No sub and rear up-firing speakers. Think bass output is limited to 40 Hz.

If you have the room to accommodate rear speakers and subwoofer go for the LG otherwise B&O.

keithwiggins

Both are different.

LG SN11 is a full blown 7.1.4 sound system. Lowest rated frequency response is 29 Hz.

B&O : Its just the soundbar. No sub and rear up-firing speakers. Think bass output is limited to 40 Hz.

If you have the room to accommodate rear speakers and subwoofer go for the LG otherwise B&O.
Both are different.

I know, another recommend me a soundbar post......

Wonder if you could help, hopefully moving into new property in next couple of weeks.

Looking to put the TV on the wall as shown in the floorplan attached, with a soundbar underneath it.

Main sofa would be opposite it.

Far right on the floor plan, I'm popping a couple of Chromecast speakers in the dining area.

For the soundbar (attached to the wall), would you recommend the LG SN11 or the B&O Stage - Chromecast multiroom is important to me. Would the room take the LG and do a decent job with the effects - or too many potential issues with left side sounds? The ceiling is flat, about 2.36m high.

Viewing wise a good mix of Netflix and Amazon, standard TV, a couple of films a month. I will have access to some Atmos content

Will be looking to connect up Shield, Xbox one X, possibly virgin TV box.

Would also like it to sound alright with music - would look to connect through Chromecast to the two Google Home Max's in the dining area, probably with Spotify.

All opinions welcome.
Thanks for reading and your time.

Cheers

View attachment 1333724
Atmos is unfortunately without ceiling speakers very room dependant its pretty much suck it and see im afraid.
To correct the other contributor as i own a stage, it measures down to 31hz so very comparable in terms of frequency response.
That of course does not tell you how any product will sound , which really comes down to personnel preferences.
If you are after wizz bang effects get the Lg as it has rears if you want some effects but really great sound quality get the stage.
B&O Support there products for years, decades in some instances, its built like a tank and wont be replaced by feb next year by a newer version which then devalues your lg/samsung type product.
Try to get a home dem or purchase on internet you legally then have a right to return goods up tpo 14 days.
Good luck

Tegs200

Well I owned a SN11 and it was great for Action impact but found it lacking for everyday viewing with hardly any bass at low volume , I swapped it out for a Sonos Arc with Sub and One sl's and much prefer it across the board as for me it has a bit more finesse and the Sub is a big improvement, I did look at the Beo but for me the Sonos was the better package and the Sonos will also hold it's money a lot better than the LG down the line so it's a win win , I'll just add that I ha e got a LG E9 with full 2.1 Hdmi so that is also a factor in my choice , I'd say the SN11 would be better impact for movies and the Beo would be better for normal everyday viewing.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Not trying start a debate but I am not finding the bass on the LG to be weak. Its rounded at 29 Hz. You just have to listen at reasonable volume for better impact. For loudness and sound bubble, the LG does a great job as good as my ex-7.1 separates.

A picture of my SVS and the LG sub side by side.

Attachments

Tegs200

Not trying start a debate but I am not finding the bass on the LG to be weak. Its rounded at 29 Hz. You just have to listen at reasonable volume for better impact. For loudness and sound bubble, the LG does a great job as good as my ex-7.1 separates.

Understood and your right about listening loud as it's great but 90% of our viewing is everyday at normal volume and that was the difference for me .

keithwiggins

Thanks, Had a look at the video. As the commentary states Not a representative test. I think the 44 Hz is a more realistic figure.
this from b&o website:

Amplifier
11 power amplifiers 4 x 50 watts amplifiers for the bass drivers. 4 x 50 watts for the full-range drivers. 3 x 50 watts for the tweeters.
Frequency Range
32 - 22,000 Hz
Maximum Loudness @1m (SPL)
100 dB SPL
Bass Capability
86 dB SPL
Stereo Pairing
Not available
Advanced Sound Features
Dolby Atmos Dolby TrueHD Acoustic Placement Settings Thermal Protection Adaptive Bass Linearization
Customizable Sound EQ
Five Presets Available And Fully Customisable on Bang & Olufsen App

keithwiggins

Limited Bass then
if you , like, more than most subwoofers that come attached to the vast majority of soundbars. Not even sure why you are in this conversation as you are clearly not adding anything?

keithwiggins

owned one of those ( svs) from memory go down to about 17hz , good subs , certainly wasnt a wife pleaser!