LG SN11RG vs Samsung HW-Q90R

gazza7474

Established Member
Reaction score
With the Samsung now down to £999 and the LG available at Currys for £1023 with the deal, I was wondering if one was better than the other?

Also the 950T will be out soon so that is another consideration. With the currrent price for the LG and Samsung at this level, is it a case of some would prefer the LG and some prefer the Samsung?

Its going to be a tough one. There are many hapys folks who have switched from Q90R to SN11 but with Q950T around the corner, its going to be a tough choice. On paper, Q950T looks more appealing to me over my SN11 as its got 2 more speakers, a slightly larger sub and HDR10+ passthrough.

I am tempted to sell up the separates for the sn11 after seeing the curry's deal but after looking at the Q950T I would be willing to hold out for that as it looks so much better

I am tempted to sell up the separates for the sn11 after seeing the curry's deal but after looking at the Q950T I would be willing to hold out for that as it looks so much better
I can’t quite tell. The q950t has three more drivers, but it’s shorter. I worry smaller drivers might limit its frequency range, and the rears look pretty similar to q90r’s. On paper it looks like it could be great though. I haven’t found a soundbar that I’m totally satisfied with yet, so here’s hoping

I only see only one problem about Q950T, it's not written Harmann&Kardon on it. Time will tell,tests will be done.

I only see only one problem about Q950T, it's not written Harmann&Kardon on it. Time will tell,tests will be done.
Samsung have rebranded it I think, as Samsung bought Harmann&Kardon’s sound devision in the US.
The new sound bar is still tuned by them so it’s just not got the badge anymore.

It all depends if that 1200 rrp on the Q950T extends to the UK. At that price point I would bite but not a penny more.. Funny that I would not have payed that for the q90r but this looks like the full package
The sub looks like it would be a good bit better than the sn11 which is what made me hold back when I seen that curry's deal.
Why have none of these top tier bars come with 10" subs, baffles me
I'm going to hold out for now and wait for the release

Last edited:
Similar boat here. I have the MS650 and SWAW700 10” sub.

Wanting to get back to having surrounds, but do I risk the Q90R given all its bad press (firmware update seem to have made positive impact), or wait it out until the Q950T, which with a narrower main unit may look good but with a compromised sound.

As pointed out lack of inclusion of a 10” sub is a real downside in either scenario, especially more annoying as my current sub is simply fantastic yet cannot be re-used.

Its going to be a tough one. There are many hapys folks who have switched from Q90R to SN11 but with Q950T around the corner, its going to be a tough choice. On paper, Q950T looks more appealing to me over my SN11 as its got 2 more speakers, a slightly larger sub and HDR10+ passthrough.

As the two are similar, what would be the reason the switch to the SN11 from the Q90R. I wonder if some people switch the other way and the reason for that and if they are happy with their swicth?

As the two are similar, what would be the reason the switch to the SN11 from the Q90R. I wonder if some people switch the other way and the reason for that and if they are happy with their swicth?
From what I have read, some people are still having compatibility issues with certain TV's and the Q90R sound bars.
SN11 is supposed to have a better Atmos bubble effect. :)

I know its going to be available in Asias/Australias first from next week, but signs of UK movement over at smiths TV's. A quick scroll down implies a £1199 inc vat price tag for the q950t

I know its going to be available in Asias/Australias first from next week, but signs of UK movement over at smiths TV's. A quick scroll down implies a £1199 inc vat price tag for the q950t

Now comes up on google as £1199 with free delivery, also shows as £1199 with finance on their site.

Now comes up on google as £1199 with free delivery, also shows as £1199 with finance on their site.
That seems cheaper than what it was initially priced at. That’d be nice!

The top Samsung soundbar retailing cheaper than a LG! and only 200 quid more than the Q90r. I have to see it to believe it.

I wonder if it’s because the Q950t has a lower profile this year therefore they can cut costs, hopefully it doesn’t have a negative impact on sound quality.

The top Samsung soundbar retailing cheaper than a LG! and only 200 quid more than the Q90r. I have to see it to believe it.

I wonder if it’s because the Q950t has a lower profile this year therefore they can cut costs, hopefully it doesn’t have a negative impact on sound quality.

Harmon Kardon is owned by Samsung but its weird that they dropped HK brand name in their 2020 soundbars unless I need to visit SpecSavers.

Ah I see, placeholder I guess.

£1599 seems steep but the K950, N950, Q90r? all started high if I recall correctly.

Harmon Kardon is owned by Samsung but its weird that they dropped HK brand name in their 2020 soundbars unless I need to visit SpecSavers.
The tuning for Samsung's 2020 soundbars this year are done by Audio Labs, thus no HK branding on the bars.

“In collaboration with Audio Lab in the US, we have been able to develop multi-dimensional surround sound that can be more accessible at home, which was previously only possible with a separate home-theater system,” said Seong Cho, Senior Vice President and Head of Global Product Marketing of the Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “In addition to improving sound quality, we also focused on fine-tuning the soundbar’s design aesthetic by using eco-friendly textiles, made by Danish premium brand Kvadrat.”

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom