LG SN7CY Soundbar Review & Comments

When you wall mount this, does it change the orientation like the more expensive model? This puts me off as im not convinced firing up firing speakers down is going to work!

I guess this what happens when a manufacturer feels that they have to offer a product for every price point irrespective of the sanity of doing so!

Look at first sight a bit disappointing but form my spare room it's only between the Sammy Q70r and the sharp 800 they are here in Belgium at the same price point round 400 euro . Any recommendations Steve ? :) Please

When you wall mount this, does it change the orientation like the more expensive model? This puts me off as im not convinced firing up firing speakers down is going to work!
No, the orientation is the same whether you're stand or wall mounting.

Look at first sight a bit disappointing but form my spare room it's only between the Sammy Q70r and the sharp 800 they are here in Belgium at the same price point round 400 euro . Any recommendations Steve ? :) Please
I'd get the Samsung HW-Q70R, it's an excellent all-round soundbar.

No, the orientation is the same whether you're stand or wall mounting.
I'm looking at the back of it where the bass speakers are and i cant see any way to mount it. The mounting seems to be underneath the unit from what I can see, which is the same as the SL9YG, which does need the orientation changing when wall mounted

I'm looking at the back of it where the bass speakers are and i cant see any way to mount it. The mounting seems to be underneath the unit from what I can see, which is the same as the SL9YG, which does need the orientation changing when wall mounted
It comes with L-shaped wall brackets that the unit sits on.

I'm torn between this and Sharp HT-SBW800. I know the Sharp reviewed better on this site but it doesn't allow me to add rear speakers at a later date like the LG does. My budget cant go any higher since i just bought an LG OLED 55CX.

I know i wont get true Atmos at this price but the LG with the option of rear speakers at a later date seems to get me closest at this price range.

Are there any alternatives at £400 or is the LG/Sharp the best i can hope for at this price? Thanks

I'm torn between this and Sharp HT-SBW800. I know the Sharp reviewed better on this site but it doesn't allow me to add rear speakers at a later date like the LG does. My budget cant go any higher since i just bought an LG OLED 55CX.

I know i wont get true Atmos at this price but the LG with the option of rear speakers at a later date seems to get me closest at this price range.

Are there any alternatives at £400 or is the LG/Sharp the best i can hope for at this price? Thanks
The Sharp does limit your ability to expand the system by adding rear speakers at a later date, and real surround channels make a huge difference. If you can stretch your budget to £499 then you could get the SN7Y, which comes with a subwoofer and thus addresses the SN7YC's failing in that area. You can then add rear speakers in the future when funds allow.

That it can't handle BR2049 is no surprise. But it can't even handle Clone Wars or the heavily bass filtered Bad Boys for Life. This is really a glorified Sound bass isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
These things really do need a sub to work well, the absence of a sub preout should be a deal breaker.

With the notable exception of B&O's Beo Stage and the Sennheiser Ambeo, all single-unit soundbars are generally lacking in the bass department.

Cant find a single review of the SN7Y! With the added Sub, could be what i'm after

How does it compare to the speakers and bass of the C9? Thanks! :)
Like any soundbar must be better than c9 speakers... just wallmounted mine 65c9 and there is no sound at all... gonna buy soundbar, but cant decide which one:)

Like any soundbar must be better than c9 speakers... just wallmounted mine 65c9 and there is no sound at all... gonna buy soundbar, but cant decide which one:)
:) The C9 has pretty good speakers, but i would like some more bass :) I'm affraid an external subwoofer would get me in trouble with the neighbors.

Hi Steve, any plans to review the LG GX soundbar soon?

I’m trying to decide if to go with 65GX and matching soundbar or the 65W9 with the built in soundbar/module.

Hopefully the new LG’s are starting to come through for review? Thanks

Hi Steve, any plans to review the LG GX soundbar soon?

I’m trying to decide if to go with 65GX and matching soundbar or the 65W9 with the built in soundbar/module.

Hopefully the new LG’s are starting to come through for review? Thanks
Not at the moment, I'm currently busy with the SN11.

I see the LG SN7Y with the sub is now available in Currys £450 I've tried the SN7CY and returned it as it didn't quite sound right do you think it would be better with a sub

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom